cambridgeshire canary

CLUB STATEMENT- BK8 CONTRACT TERMINATED

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

"A spokesperson for the club confirmed no shirts had yet been printed with the BK8 logo, meaning no new kits had to go to waste."

Norwich City cuts ties with BK8 after Canaries fans' outcry | Eastern Daily Press (edp24.co.uk)

Well boxes and boxes of kit were delivered to the club this week. A friend of mine saw them on pallets  I didn’t look inside them but assumed they were printed . If not that’s good . But surprising ? 

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Lakey outside of Carra......

Father Ted" The Passion of Saint Tibulus (TV Episode 1995) - IMDb

Is that David Ike on the left ?

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Well boxes and boxes of kit were delivered to the club this week. A friend of mine saw them on pallets  I didn’t look inside them but assumed they were printed . If not that’s good . But surprising ? 

Probably the base template, or even old kits considering the clearance sale going on.

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Had Joma  written on the boxes 

Base template then is my guess.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Is that David Ike on the left ?

No it's Camera shy Lakey.....He's loath for anyone to see his corky hat.....

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

May I remind people whilst they slap each other on the back, this was nothing but a complete cxck up of the highest order and if it hits the already lowest player budget in the league it will be disasterous. We are a professional football club not some left wing charity run to make others look nasty. Its the only decision the board could make and we have to hope it doesn't stop Webber strengthening as planned.

I find myself almost agreeing with this chap. Goodness, I've come over all strange.

I didn't really agree with the witch hunt in the first place. I saw it as the Club doing something risky to aid survival.

Thing is once you set your stall out as a Community Club, you agree to be offended by all sorts of things.

It is a well meant and good hearted persona that we have adopted.

I am glad they have listened to the vulnerable who have been offended by this and changed tact.

I still don't, and can't see what was wrong with BK8s marketing by the standard of shady betting orgs- on the assumption that the women in their promotional material were remunerated accordingly and agreed to do it with good heart and were not coerced.

Should these things hold up, then in my opinion this was a weird, weird crusade with a sexist narrative applied without ever taking into consideration the opinions or reasoning of the women involved for partaking.

If they happily agreed to deep throat sausages for a video, what's the problem?

Are they being sexist towards women? If so, then fair enough, but surely we should have got the thoughts and stories of these women before roundly criticising their actions.

'Offence' is a weird and touchy subject.

I hope to God (there isn't one) that we can just get back to football after this.

Great that the club have made this decision in the end. But it was obvious to some of us just how poor a choice this was when the rumours first emerged.

As ever, football is the last bastion of the worst parts of society. Highlighted perfectly by the way 'woke' gets used as an insult when all it really means is treating people with due respect.

Rather than defending derogatory advertising, or using whataboutery to diminish the debate, maybe it's time for some of you to reflect on your views and consider that the outrage is genuine. While we're not about to outlaw all sexist imagery, we can at least show that it has no place around a modern, progressive football club at the centre of its community.

I sincerely hope that this is the last time we see a gambling company of and sort as the shirt sponsor. We are better than that. Well done to all those who've stood up for morality over money.

• Like 2

Heads will Roll over this i am sure 

Knowing how Delia runs the club she will not pay someone to do a Job and mess up so bad without doing full research on a company 

it took Fans Minutes to find out what sort of Company we were dealing with 

i am sure Delia will not think well of this and as soon as she found out she would have went straight in and sorted it out for sure 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Base template then is my guess.

Could be right . Hope so . Possible that the club print the front of shirt sponsor or sub the printing out . That would have been v expensive otherwise 

38 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

In fact with our woke credentials now strengthened they could maybe use that to our advantage 

I think that the apology will have helped but I'm not sure our credentials will have been strengthened. Nevertheless, if the club continues to stand against racism, sexism and other social injustice our woke credentials will be re-established in time, hopefully.

We will soon know if heads have rolled when the next sponsor is revealed and anybody is missing from the photoshoot who was on the BK8 announcement.

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Could be right . Hope so . Possible that the club print the front of shirt sponsor or sub the printing out . That would have been v expensive otherwise 

Possibly sub the printing out. When I was in Mariehamn on a weekend break I asked for my name and a number to be printed on the back of an IFK Mariehamn shirt, and the Director of Football (long story, better for another time) rang up the printers to get it done, and I picked it up the next day.

Obviously, we're far bigger in terms of size than IFK Mariehamn (although they were champions of Finland in 2016, doing a Leicester in Pukki's homeland) so it's feasible we do it in-house...

• Like 1

The club are assembling the stocks behind the Jarrold as we speak......

Length and Strength from the Inside Out: Feet.....Who's in first?......I'm just sorting out what rotting veg I've got....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FatCanary said:

I find myself almost agreeing with this chap. Goodness, I've come over all strange.

I didn't really agree with the witch hunt in the first place. I saw it as the Club doing something risky to aid survival.

Thing is once you set your stall out as a Community Club, you agree to be offended by all sorts of things.

I am glad they have listened to the vulnerable who have been offended by this and changed tact.

I still don't, and can't see what was wrong with BK8s marketing by the standard of shady betting orgs- on the assumption that the women in their promotional material were remunerated accordingly and agreed to do it with good heart and were not coerced.

Should these things hold up, then in my opinion this was a weird, weird crusade with a sexist narrative applied without ever taking into consideration the opinions or reasoning of the women involved for partaking.

Are they being sexist towards women? If so, then fair enough, but surely we should have got the thoughts and stories of these women before roundly criticising their actions.

I hope to God (there isn't one) that we can just get back to football after this.

If you genuinely don't understand then I suggest that you speak to some women about it.

I have two daughters. I don't want them to grow up with *that* as a genuine career choice, let alone to be affected by the insidious sexualisation of women in many aspects of life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Heads will Roll over this i am sure 

Knowing how Delia runs the club she will not pay someone to do a Job and mess up so bad without doing full research on a company 

it took Fans Minutes to find out what sort of Company we were dealing with 

i am sure Delia will not think well of this and as soon as she found out she would have went straight in and sorted it out for sure 

'Heads will roll'

Come on.

This is so 'angry mob' it hurts.

Heads don't need to sodding roll. They listened to you angry lot and they apologised.

There is a hell of a lot more we have to be grateful for to the people currently running our club.

There is no need for anybody to be sacked and I personally want to make it known (not that they read this board) that the work of our present custodians I am delighted with and I hope this model continues in its guise for many years.

Are you saying you think it would be fair for you to lose your job every time you make a mistake?

This is a Club that believes in giving people chances. Where's the Community spirit in pitchforking for people's jobs?

Makes me sick.

• Like 4

Just now, Petriix said:

If you genuinely don't understand then I suggest that you speak to some women about it.

I have two daughters. I don't want them to grow up with *that* as a genuine career choice, let alone to be affected by the insidious sexualisation of women in many aspects of life.

Up to them, isn't it, if they're confident in their bodies and want to do it and would be well paid for it? 

Depends where you draw the line on what is and isn't insidious.

Also please don't be so patronising. There's no need.

Virtue signalling alarm ringing so strongly on this thread, don't any of you have personalities of your own?

6 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Run out of reactions, so please accept this ethically-sound, non-sexual aubergine in recognition of a good post:

🍆

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Virtue signalling alarm ringing so strongly on this thread, don't any of you have personalities of your own?

I guess when you don't understand basic respect for other people, you have to give it some derogatory term like 'virtue signalling' so that you can ridicule it. There's actually nothing wrong with wanting my kids to grow up in a better world where they aren't so easily twisted to the perversions of disgusting old men.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FatCanary said:

Up to them, isn't it, if they're confident in their bodies and want to do it and would be well paid for it? 

Depends where you draw the line on what is and isn't insidious.

Also please don't be so patronising. There's no need.

This line of work for women has always existed and will always exist. It’s cultural - (simulated) sex sells. It is absolutely a free choice for those women to do it, it’s just a bit of a shame that they can get more money doing that than most other things. Some women will call that freedom though, but others will call it oppression. I won’t tell them what’s what as it is their choice. I don’t even have a problem with BK8 choosing to market in this way as I’m sure it’s effective and they’re out for profit.

But we have a choice to either throw our hands up and say ‘it’s the way of the world’, or we can choose not support/reward it.

I think the club’s made the right call here to do the latter.

• Like 1

Isn't it a weird coincidence that the women who "choose" degrading sexual exploitation are most often from countries where the gender inequality is hideously imbalanced? Almost as if saying "Women take part so it must be ok" is a claim that exposes an absence of critical thought.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

You don't get to decide what's right and what's wrong.

Only what you think is wrong.

Spot on. And then you get to act on what you think is wrong and if another people agree with you, change happens.

• Like 1

Just now, Petriix said:

I guess when you don't understand basic respect for other people, you have to give it some derogatory term like 'virtue signalling' so that you can ridicule it. There's actually nothing wrong with wanting my kids to grow up in a better world where they aren't so easily twisted to the perversions of disgusting old men.

I find this offensive.

What about women who would find the women used in BK8s marketing attractive?

Why are you excluding them? Do you speak for everyone? Are you the empirical oracle of right and wrong.

No. You want your kids to grow up in YOUR vision of a 'better world', and I have nothing but respect for that.

Please don't impose it on me.

I'm not ridiculing anything, I said it was a good thing your ilk have been listened to and the decision of the Club I support.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Spot on. And then you get to act on what you think is wrong and if another people agree with you, change happens.

I said this in another thread, enough people want this change and so it has come to pass.

Personally, it isn't a change I felt was needed, but my god, the jump people take to label you a misogynist or something just because you think their crusade is poorly researched....goodness me.

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

This line of work for women has always existed and will always exist. It’s cultural - (simulated) sex sells. It is absolutely a free choice for those women to do it, it’s just a bit of a shame that they can get more money doing that than most other things. Some women will call that freedom though, but others will call it oppression. I won’t tell them what’s what as it is their choice. I don’t even have a problem with BK8 choosing to market in this way as I’m sure it’s effective and they’re out for profit.

But we have a choice to either throw our hands up and say ‘it’s the way of the world’, or we can choose not support/reward it.

This is very good from you. The most salubrious lubricant in town.

I would like to make it clear that I am glad the Club has listened to its fans.

I just won't be drawn in to virtue signalling. 

I don't need to desperately be seen as a good person online.

5 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Nothing I hate more than all those female misogynists profiting from their sex on OnlyFans....

All I can say is “Yikes”

better cover up at the footy ladies or the Norwich City version of Boko Haram will chase after you and say you aren’t family friendly

Edited by The Real Buh