cambridgeshire canary

CLUB STATEMENT- BK8 CONTRACT TERMINATED

That's brilliant.  Well done NCFC. 

Ok, shouldn't have got involved in the first place, but withdrawing form it is a huge gesture to the fans and to anyone else watching, that we are serious about the community/social side of the club.

Respect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good stuff, a lot of clubs would have dug in and spent the cash.

This is going to trigger a few people on here. They'll be more offended that the deal is cancelled than the people who were offended by the deal in the first place.

• Like 3

If the club was serious about it then surely they wouldn’t have taken the sponsorship on in the first place? I suspect they did not anticipate the backlash correctly.

• Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

Ok, shouldn't have got involved in the first place, but withdrawing form it is a huge gesture to the fans and to anyone else watching, that we are serious about the community/social side of the club.

Respect.

Correct decision on what has been an absolute shambles. Hopefully the club will start acting like a professional organisation.

Brilliant news.

I note that the club have stated that they'd had pressure from other partners (so other sponsors), nobody had really considered that angle had they! 

Still leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, particularly the posters on here who have sought to defend and rationalise the deal at every turn - utterly embarressing for them. 

Glad the club has seen sense, I bet Delia was not very pleased with this deal and will have been asking questions about whether some execs now have too much autonomy. 

I'd pay an extra tenner for a sponsorless shirt if that helps the club at all this season. 

• Like 6

I wouldn't expect people to hit correct steps every time, hence the calls for heads to roll being rather too shrill for my taste. All I can ask is, if an error is made, that it is owned.

They did that, and they did it quickly. Very fair play to them.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Respect.

And respect to you, Lakey, for standing your ground on the issue. It's not about Mary Whitehouse prudishness, it's about protecting the reputation of the club and the brand we've built around it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Respect.

And respect to you, Lakey, for standing your ground on the issue. It's not about Mary Whitehouse prudishness, it's about protecting the reputation of the club and the brand we've built around it.

Sensible stuff from the club, and actually nice to see them owning up to their misjudgement and admitting they were wrong. It was a rather big PR own goal that doesn't match the ethos of the club, and whilst I understood the deal for the need for money it seems sensible that both parties have walked away.

Will be interesting to see who comes in!

4 minutes ago, interwebme said:

Good news. Well done to the club for recognising a mistake and rectifying it. 

I think you’ll find the mistake was pointed out to them . Slight difference . 
And proper DD see this coming down the track. 
Head(s) will roll. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Got to hope it doesn't hit our already stretched budget

Keeping them would have lost us other partners by the sounds of it. Club has lots of sponsors who would not want to be associated with this tacky nonsense.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Good stuff, a lot of clubs would have dug in and spent the cash.

This is going to trigger a few people on here. They'll be more offended that the deal is cancelled than the people who were offended by the deal in the first place.

I’m not offended at the deal being cancelled but we’d better not be told we have a hole in our budget as a consequence. No reason why they can’t get a replacement sponsor who will pay a similar amount. In fact with our woke credentials now strengthened they could maybe use that to our advantage 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jim Smith said:

I’m not offended at the deal being cancelled but we’d better not be told we have a hole in our budget as a consequence. No reason why they can’t get a replacement sponsor who will pay a similar amount. In fact with our woke credentials now strengthened they could maybe use that to our advantage 

The whole thing was a grand plan to get an even better deal out of Quorn or Ecotricity!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Going off the sounds of it, we might have lost more money from other sponsors who were unimpressed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

It leaves a temporary hole to fill, but still time for someone to fill the gap.  It is a significant amount of money to lose, but not huge in the scheme of things.

• Like 1

Whilst the initial mistake was unfortunate, owning and correcting it shows us in a very good light.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim Smith said:

I suspect that this was probably in part a financial decision. There would likely have been reduction in shirt sales and further damage to the Norwich City brand. There would be a cost associated with this. 

I wasn't planning on buying a shirt this year but now I likely will. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Sounds a bit too close to **** for my liking 😉

Stick with Linda McCartney then.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's fair enough. But...am I the only poster that needs to be told something once and not twenty times. I can read and understand an issue and a poster's views. I'm reasonable enough and have am fair minded even to accept a view too I disagree with (like this issue) but I've found the constant barrage of views (not just by this poster) reminding me of the saying "methinks you do protest too much".

We all have morals and I suspect they are similar with each others concerning decency etc.

• Like 1

Great news! Would love us to now to offer a free deal to a charity (up until January?) to support a good cause. How about "Support the NHS" emblazoned on our shirts? Could end up bringing us a lot more sponsorship interest in the long run.

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Sounds a bit too close to **** for my liking 😉

Also a meat substitute....Fnaar fnaar....