MORDENCANARY

Will Emi be less effective at Villa ?

Just a thought, so much of his success was built on feeding in Pukki, who as we know has world class levels of movement. Will there be anyone at Villa to feed off Buendia? or are the forwards there more static types who rely on reflex and athleticism ,if so he might not have the impact Villa fans are expecting.

Edited by MORDENCANARY
Spelling

Watkins is by far one of the best young strikers in the Premier League, and fully expect him to become a fully fledged international (was a bit unfortunate to miss out this time around really). Plus he will be on the pitch with a whole host of talent in Grealish, Elmohamady, Ghazi, Trézéguet, Bertrand Traoré, Luiz. They haven't got a bad squad have they?

19 minutes ago, MORDENCANARY said:

Just a thought, so much of his success was built on feeding in Pukki, who as we know has world class levels of movement. Will there be anyone at Villa to feed off Buendia? or are the forwards there more static types who rely on reflex and athleticism ,if so he might not have the impact Villa fans are expecting.

Who cares? Why are people still so hung up on the emi saga. Yes he was brilliant for us but let it go 

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Watkins is by far one of the best young strikers in the Premier League, and fully expect him to become a fully fledged international (was a bit unfortunate to miss out this time around really). 

As it goes, he isn't that young. He'll be 26 this coming season. Plenty of years ahead though.

Depends if Grealish stays!  I cannot see them both working in the same team, it'll end in tantrums if they are both in the squad for a long time.

I was speaking to a villla fan about this.

my only thought (hope!) is there’s a risk about how he will fit into the team. There’s a risk he and Grealish are quite similar and could end up getting in each other’s way.

The dynamic between the pair will be interesting as well. Grealish will be top dog and my villa mate says he has a big say in the whole club, including signings and tactics. Buendia is use to being the golden boy at Norwich and adored by the fans ....might not be so at Villa.

Buensdia is clearly a fantastic and skilful player but we all know it comes with a bit of a temper and occasional signs of ill discipline. Will be interesting to see how he copes if things don’t go his own way and where he is not the main man.

Couldn't give a **** quite honestly. Nothing to do with us.

Villa might not be as fluent if Grealish and Emi keep hitting the deck then waving their arms around. 

• Like 2

As Villa's record signing ever there will be an enormous amount of expectation placed upon Emi's shoulders by the fans, and they are a pretty critical fanbase by reputation.

There are always a lot of them in attendance and their collective groan can resonate around the Bullring on occasions. They also love their own.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that it will be a bad fit all round.

Buendia needs a good, if not spectacular, start as a matter of some necessity.

The Grealish factor, as mentioned above, will be a fascinating follow. 

I know little of their manager, but he may need the patience of a Farke on occasions.

It is also pretty grubby around there .... 'Ansells Beer and HP Soss, that is the smell of Aston Cross.'

Edited by BroadstairsR

48 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Hope not but sick of hearing about Villa and the greedy little scrot

'greedy little scrot'

Take it you only just found out football is a job like any other job and that loyalty means nothing in football anymore, even though 'loyalty' has never really meant anything in any sport that involves money?

Took you a while

• Like 2

It's going to be interesting; for me, Buendia works well here because he's given the space and dominance within the side to perform.

Villa most definitely are built around Grealish. Not going to change while he's there. After Grealish, Watkins seems to be the pre-eminent focus of the side. 

It will definitely be interesting to see Emi not the main man in the side. 

15 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's going to be interesting; for me, Buendia works well here because he's given the space and dominance within the side to perform.

Villa most definitely are built around Grealish. Not going to change while he's there. After Grealish, Watkins seems to be the pre-eminent focus of the side. 

It will definitely be interesting to see Emi not the main man in the side. 

I’d go so far as to say I can’t see Buendia and Greasey in the same team - hence I reckon he’s off after Euros . 

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’d go so far as to say I can’t see Buendia and Greasey in the same team - hence I reckon he’s off after Euros . 

We saw a couple of times Emi and Dowell tripping over each other. Grealish and him will be even worse. 

Seeing a lot of “fails” because him and Grealish are too similar. 

Grealish plays predominantly in Cantwells position. 

Also, Grealish isn’t moving anywhere. No one will stump it what Villa want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'greedy little scrot'

Take it you only just found out football is a job like any other job and that loyalty means nothing in football anymore, even though 'loyalty' has never really meant anything in any sport that involves money?

Took you a while

Dear oh dear... I always react like this.. its a coping mechanism to losing our best players. Do I blame him ..no..BUT am I not longer interested in him..absolutely.

He is no longer our player..sod him

18 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Dear oh dear... I always react like this.. its a coping mechanism to losing our best players. Do I blame him ..no..BUT am I not longer interested in him..absolutely.

He is no longer our player..sod him

I’ve let go too, it’s great! I think he’ll do fine but no bother if he flops. 

Watkins mainly scores headers, Buendia is one of the best through ball hitters in the world but not one of the best crossers I dont think. So Buendia might get a few fewer assists, other than that I think it will look extremely good. One of the great parts about seeing Buendia was his constant one twos on either side of the pitch with Cantwell. Just beautiful it was. I believe it will be similar but more so with Grealish. Even before the Villa rumours I often compared the two players. Grealish and Buendia have very similar strenghts and styles, but they will not get in each others way but rather strenghten each others qualities from both sides of the pitch. I will be interested to see if Buendia can match or even outperform Grealish, I see no reason why not. It will be a symphony of football, and even though I have absolute no feelings about Aston Villa I will very much be enjoying their games next season to see how Emi gets on.

Emi is better than Grealish in my honest opinion and I fully expect him to be a success. Although he has two relegations on his CV by the age of 24 so here's hoping for the hattrick.

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'greedy little scrot'

Took you a while

Bang on the money, so why do fans feel the need to carry on reminiscing about him? He’s gone who cares about a Villa player…….I’m sure the Villa fans will give it to us if they’re allowed back into Carrow road.

Edited by Indy

17 hours ago, MORDENCANARY said:

Nope, he's gonna be the worldie that he absolutely is and soon be one of the best players in the world.

Blessed to have known someone so good in the way we have

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Bang on the money, so why do fans feel the need to carry on reminiscing about him? He’s gone who cares about a Villa player…….I’m sure the Villa fans will give it to us if they’re allowed back into Carrow road.

He is a wonderful player and I love to watch him play. No matter where he is