Sign in to follow this  
Wrathofthefarkely

This is far worse than BK8

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/august/club-extends-partnership-with-woodfordes-brewery/

Alcoholism causes more deaths and misery in this country than any other substance, effecting tens of thousands each year. 

It wrecks lives, leaves battered women, fuels violence and negative social behaviour. 

Nearly 8000 people die a year in the UK directly due to alcohol. 

When will we see the same level of moral outrage, the same fan association statements, around this family clubs link with alcohol? 

Or is it just good looking women doing a job that pays well we get our knickers in a twist about? 

Seen any ads with them sucking off hot-dogs or be involved in simulated sex acts recently?

I agree. We should ban all alcohol advertisement and divert massive amounts of funds towards prevention of alcohol abuse.

Good grief, you've taken in absolutely nothing form what people have been saying to you about this, have you?  Simulated sex acts is NOT acceptable to a family club.  Trying to divert the attention to alcohol is, again, just you trying to belittle the problem.

If you want to start a campaign to reduce the use of alcohol in football, all well and good, but don't try and use it as a stick to trivialise what this is all about.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Simulated sex acts is NOT acceptable to a family club

You're  correct, sick of simulation, it's either a sex act or it isn't. Sick of pundits saying " she had a right to go down there ". Bring back real sex acts!!!. 

• Haha 4

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

You're  correct, sick of simulation, it's either a sex act or it isn't. Sick of pundits saying " she had a right to go down there ". Bring back real sex acts!!!. 

"She went down easily in the box there and got the reward!"

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, ha ha, but really this thread is just another poor attempt at belittling what is a real issue for the club and some of its fans.

Fixed 😇👍😅

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Fixed 😇👍😅

If people are belittling this issue they are not worthy of being called fans, so I'll thank you to leave my posts alone. 😐

Sorry have I just woken up in the 70s?! That Harvey Weinstein is a really top fella... Noel Clarke is great... etc etc. Some of the posters on here are idiots with very sad, lonely lives. 

I can’t wait for my daughter to suck off a sausage (because they are poor, desperate and easily manipulated) said no one ever.

30FC208C-BDB1-442E-9801-D1518A17DFFD.thumb.png.a8195b03f9a0a457edb64e5f1446dacf.png

Edited by yellow_belly
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Millions of people enjoy a drink and do it responsibly. Personal choice. 

Millions of people enjoy a flutter and do it responsibly. Personal choice.

• Like 4

Whataboutery is really dull.

However, having to flog booze or chintzy, degrading gambling companies on our shirt and around the stadium is pathetic and the sooner we just accept a bit less money from local businesses that we can build sustainable long term relationships with, the better.

You're never going to make everyone happy, but FFS sh1t like this is just so easily avoidable and more damaging to our brand long term than any possible financial gains. We're self financing but going for the quick buck is never a good idea, as this whole debacle shows.

• Like 2

Don’t see the OP belittling the BK8 situation, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the club-and it seems some posters on here-who see no problem in being sponsored by a company in the alcohol industry.

Alcohol related treatment costs the NHS £3.5 billion per year according to the latest survey I could find. Obviously, not everyone who drinks alcohol suffers problems but that’s a staggering cost.

Protest about one unacceptable advertising partner, then I reckon you should protest all.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If people are belittling this issue they are not worthy of being called fans, so I'll thank you to leave my posts alone. 😐

No chance, this was a mistake by the club, but I am not offended. I would  also thank you  to not act as a self appointed spokesman for the fans...you are not. Maybe some are happy to have you as that.  You have no right, just an opinion , as to who is worthy and who is not, to be a fan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/august/club-extends-partnership-with-woodfordes-brewery/

Alcoholism causes more deaths and misery in this country than any other substance, effecting tens of thousands each year. 

It wrecks lives, leaves battered women, fuels violence and negative social behaviour. 

Nearly 8000 people die a year in the UK directly due to alcohol. 

When will we see the same level of moral outrage, the same fan association statements, around this family clubs link with alcohol? 

Or is it just good looking women doing a job that pays well we get our knickers in a twist about? 

May I ask what your personal experience of alcohol is? As your rants about it are getting very tedious.

Are you a recovering alcoholic or have you or a family member had bad experiences due to alcohol?

I’m  asking so I can understand why you seem to think alcohol is the root of all evil.

24 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Don’t see the OP belittling the BK8 situation, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the club-and it seems some posters on here-who see no problem in being sponsored by a company in the alcohol industry.

Alcohol related treatment costs the NHS £3.5 billion per year according to the latest survey I could find. Obviously, not everyone who drinks alcohol suffers problems but that’s a staggering cost.

Protest about one unacceptable advertising partner, then I reckon you should protest all.

I think it’s just the apparent hypocrisy of some supporters rather than the club that is the issue.
Clearly there’s an issue with how BK8 market themselves, most will agree that - and hopefully they will change it…but I do think it odd that there seems to be a group who have decided they are suddenly our moral spokespersons.

In simple terms, some people like a drink, some people like to gamble, imo neither are or should be taboo.  Even p0rn is enjoyed by millions, of all sexual persuasions, but most would stop well short of associating a (family) football club directly with it. 

I have to say the argument that we are ‘special’ is a slightly odd one for me - and has niggled at me for a long time.  Of course we have very good links in the community etc, as we should, but so do most clubs - living remotely I see that we actually do less than some, more than others.  But I didn’t choose to support Norwich based on anything much other than them being my local club, not because they are ‘special’ in some way, nice that might be.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

That, though, is to imply there are no shades of grey around the subject. I, for example, am not categorically against gambling sponsorship in sport, just as I am not against alcohol sponsorship. What I am against, though, is sexualisation and objectivisation for women, and the effect that has upon the reputation of our club.

I would wager that the vast majority of people belittling this situation are white British, heterosexual, able-bodied males who have never experienced direct discrimination in their lives. I fall into that category myself, but that doesn't stop me from considering the impact that such things could have on the lives of others who fit into different categories. The one thing that binds us all is a love of this club, so can we not take a moment to look at it from the perspective of others?

Or, in the words of Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird (and this quote was repeated to me ad nauseam as a child): “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view – until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” Let's have a bit more compassion for our fellow humans, eh?

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Millions of people enjoy a flutter and do it responsibly. Personal choice.

Agree. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That, though, is to imply there are no shades of grey around the subject. I, for example, am not categorically against gambling sponsorship in short, just as I am not against alcohol sponsoring. What I am against, though, is sexualisation and objectivisation for women, and the effect that has upon the reputation of our club.

I would wager that the vast majority of people belittling this situation are white British, heterosexual, able-bodied males who have never experienced direct discrimination in their lives. I fall into that category myself, but that doesn't stop me from considering the impact that such things could have on the lives of others who fit into different categories. The one thing that binds us all is a love of this club, so can we not take a moment to look at it from the perspective of others?

Or, in the words of Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird (and this quote was repeated to me ad nauseam as a child): “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view – until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” Let's have a bit more compassion for our fellow humans, eh?

That's all very true Wolfo,  let's also remember that much of the world is a brutal  place  and many have only one choice, be exploited,  or starve.

Sorry given enough time sure I could think of plenty of reasons why any club sponsor might be socially unacceptable ... Or acceptable depending upon your own point of view . 

Latest City sponsor not my first round draft pick but I promise you the world will not end

BK8 are our "Principal Partner" and hence have a significantly larger presence in the clubs branding - which combined with the lack of embarrassing/immature marketing from Woodfordes is obviously why there has been less outrage at that deal.

People are free to enjoy drinking/gambling - I will just personally never be a walking billboard for a White Label betting firm.

Edited by HertsCanary93

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Agree.

• Not that the images from our sponsor is fitting for the image the owners want. I don't gamble outside the national and the odd national lottery ticket so don't see the websites. I believe someone showed similar imagery from our last sponsor, therefore I guess the commercial teams where not expecting the response they got. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Good grief, you've taken in absolutely nothing form what people have been saying to you about this, have you?  Simulated sex acts is NOT acceptable to a family club.  Trying to divert the attention to alcohol is, again, just you trying to belittle the problem.

If you want to start a campaign to reduce the use of alcohol in football, all well and good, but don't try and use it as a stick to trivialise what this is all about.

Do you rrally think a sausage game is unacceptable? 

Do you hide in a little closet and blush when you see a female ankle? 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

You don't get to tell others what a fan looks or acts like. 

Its almost like everyone moaning about the "exploitation" "feminism" and "inappropriate behaviour" feels they can dictate and control what people think.

Woke. 

55 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Millions of people enjoy a drink and do it responsibly. Personal choice. 

And millions enjoy gambling responsibly. 

And millions of women make money from modelling. 

And millions see sill sausage games as harmless fun. 

What's your point? 

1 minute ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Do you rrally think a sausage game is unacceptable? 

Do you hide in a little closet and blush when you see a female ankle? 

Are you a d..k because you've got a p...s?

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Seen any ads with them sucking off hot-dogs or be involved in simulated sex acts recently?

Genuinely

23 minutes ago, pearsos said:

May I ask what your personal experience of alcohol is? As your rants about it are getting very tedious.

Are you a recovering alcoholic or have you or a family member had bad experiences due to alcohol?

I’m  asking so I can understand why you seem to think alcohol is the root of all evil.

I have no problem with alcohol. 

As is blatantly obvious, I'm pointing out the utter hipocrisy of the bleeding hearts around the shock horror of a sausage game and a gambling company. 

Without wanting to get into a big socio-political debate I think the energy should be spent asking why so many people in this country are miserable and depressed enough to have to find solace in alcoholism and gambling addictions. Yes these companies aren't squeaky clean but there's a larger problem here with society as a whole. 

As for the 'suggestive acts' on this companies Instagram page...well, I absolutely guarantee you most of you and pretty much any lad and some girls as young as their early teens look up far worse on a regular basis. 

yes this is a c0ck up by the club and they should have known better and yes advertisements like that have no place in our particular culture but come on, it's not as massive of an issue as people are making it out to be. 

34 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

No chance, this was a mistake by the club, but I am not offended. I would  also thank you  to not act as a self appointed spokesman for the fans...you are not. Maybe some are happy to have you as that.  You have no right, just an opinion , as to who is worthy and who is not, to be a fan.

Sorry i left out - imo.

Here's a few more in case I forget to put it in on my future posts......imo imo imo imo imo imo imo imo imo imo imo.