The Real Buh

Who exactly should we be sponsored by then?

Apparently it’s going to be Hertha but they have asked for a redesign for the shirt. At first glimpse I guess it’s ok

713F50C0-45DD-4155-87C2-42989AF752B5.jpeg

Edited by Son Ova Gunn
  • Haha 3

How about we have NO SPONSOR and a super swish shirt design, maybe the increased sales will help make up the difference?

Edited by Costessey Posse

2 hours ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

what if one of the fans who buys a bond has partaken in a dodgy meat eating event or done some glamour modelling, we would have to cancel it and start all over again

There would need to be a sausage history due diligence process for applicants which needs to be signed-off by the Fan-appointed Sausage Appropriateness Committee and then a probationary period to ensure that no unauthorised sausage behaviour took place after the bond had been purchased (failure to comply means the bond is withdrawn and the money non-refundable). 🤣

Seems reasonable enough.

Apples

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Apparently it’s going to be Hertha but they have asked for a redesign for the shirt. As first glimpse I guess it’s ok

713F50C0-45DD-4155-87C2-42989AF752B5.jpeg

That's the wurst shirt I've ever seen......

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JB said:

If we don't want to offend anyone, because it's impossible these days, then we simply shouldn't have a sponsor. Depends how deep you want to dig with a company to find perhaps how they invest their money, or who their shareholders are - there will always be something.

At this late stage that's probably the best approach, until we can do the job properly.

Even then focus will shift to the shirt manufacturer and the degree of slave labour involved.

Perhaps it should be a biodegradable shirt so we don't offend the tree huggers. As long as it doesn't start to turn to compost halfway through the season.

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

How about breach of contract? 

How about strawberry blancmange?

10 minutes ago, Costessey Posse said:

How about we have NO SPONSOR and a super swish shirt design, maybe the increased sales will help make up the difference?

£5m over 20,000 fans = £250 each. I'll have two please.

How about Mother Teresa. We could have just her initials on the front MT.  Then the back we could leave blank, you’ve guessed it MT.

🤦🏼‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

£5m over 20,000 fans = £250 each. I'll have two please.

We've got more fans than that. And didn't loads of fans chip in for the academy? Why not apply the same principles here

18 minutes ago, Costessey Posse said:

We've got more fans than that. And didn't loads of fans chip in for the academy? Why not apply the same principles here

I guess speed of uptake on what would be a pretty short deadline makes the comparison a bit different and I think 20,000 fans is possibly even a bit over optimistic given the time constraints. Also their would be no investment/return as such unlike a bond, it’s just begging the fans for money which wouldn’t go down well with many right now given recent and probable sales

24 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I would like @The Real Buh to sponsor the shirt. Get ur checkbook out Buh! 

Surely you don't condone thievery? He'd have to nick it out of his mum's purse first..

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

I guess speed of uptake on what would be a pretty short deadline makes the comparison a bit different and I think 20,000 fans is possibly even a bit over optimistic given the time constraints. Also their would be no investment/return as such unlike a bond, it’s just begging the fans for money which wouldn’t go down well with many right now given recent and probable sales

can only speak for myself, I'd happily chip in if it meant we didn't have a corporate logo for once, maybe give a shirt with each donation?

14 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Barcelona payed THEM to have that logo

but guess what? They’re loaded, so they have the luxury to do that. Nice for them.

Ok. Why not AstraZeneca? They are producing the vaccine at cost where others are making a killing. Someone with ethics basically. 

If we keep pandering to the minority group of 'Oooh! I"m offended by absolutely everything because I'm brainwashed by social media" then I don't think any sponsor will be acceptable 

19 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Ok. Why not AstraZeneca? They are producing the vaccine at cost where others are making a killing. Someone with ethics basically. 

They might be producing their Covid vaccine at cost, but everything else they make they do so for profit.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

They might be producing their Covid vaccine at cost, but everything else they make they do so for profit.

Also they’re a British company. I’m not fussed about being sponsored by a for profit company as long as they’re ethical. I don’t expect everyone to have this view, just my opinion

After their involvement in “no platforming” BK8, perhaps the Canaries Trust would like to sponsor us.  All they’d need to do is sell some of their precious shares to raise some money, although sadly I fear it would probably be substantially less than the £5 million we were going to get.

Edited by Naturalcynic

1 minute ago, Canary Jedi said:

Also they’re a British company. I’m not fussed about being sponsored by a for profit company as long as they’re ethical. I don’t expect everyone to have this view, just my opinion

No problem with them sponsoring us, but I thought the original suggestion was us sponsoring them!

8 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Big Pharma sponsoring us. They’ve never done anything unethical, have they? No skeletons on that closet at all.

After their involvement in “no platforming” BK8, perhaps the Canaries Trust would like to sponsor us.  All they’d need to do is sell some of their precious shares to raise some money, although sadly I fear it would probably be substantially less than the £5 million we were going to get.

Bearing in mind Forest Green are sponsored by - admittedly - the chairman's own green electricity company, I wonder if a company like Octopus would be a good fit, assuming they would have a similar sort of fee available? Small but growing electricity company that's regarded in customer service terms and trying to break the cabal at the top of the utilities market.

On 10/06/2021 at 10:01, Jim Smith said:

Looks like the mob have succeeded 

Attaboy, Jim. We can always rely on you for some hysterical hyperbole when you see the slightest chance, no matter how unjustified, to attack the club and many of its fans.

A mob was what stormed the Capitol building on January 6. By happy contrast what we saw this week was rationality, a strong sense of morality, and common decency coming together to help the club right a mistake it had made before too much damage was done. It would take a twisted mentality to portray that as a bad thing.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Big Pharma sponsoring us. They’ve never done anything unethical, have they? No skeletons on that closet at all.

No company is perfect, they all make mistakes, we need a company that is at least trying to be ethical. Could be green energy like TheGunnShow suggests.