The Real Buh

Who exactly should we be sponsored by then?

What imaginary, perfect corporate sponsor that will provide us with enough revenue, and high we NEED by the way to be able to at least have a chance at survival in the premier league?

Have you guys got any ideas of a company that isn’t in some way connected to social injustice, corporate greed, racism etc that is also going to actually give us some cash, that I can’t stress enough we NEED.

I know you’d like Mrs Goggins old fashioned tea room to sponsor us but she’s only got £15. It’s not a coincidence that there are so many clubs are sponsored by betting company’s guys.

Pic is of everyone who was outraged at women legitimately modelling for a company. It’s anti-feminism and it’s disgusting you feel the need to control what women do in this way. Have a word with yourselves.

EB159902-C0A2-4347-BEE3-758743ECBFF6.thumb.jpeg.8f4b5dd4a9be1437e5e95dbc2bd09472.jpeg

• Haha 1

Well it can't be jarrolds. They have female lingerie models. 

Thats objectification according to the self appointed morality police. 

So any company who use models of any sort can't sponsor us. 

Can't be alcohol, gambling. 

Can't be food as people get eating disorders. 

Can't be any company with historical links to slavery or literally anything else negative ever. 

Can't be a meat company because vegetarians. 

Can't be a vegetarian food company because vegans. 

Can't be anything that has ever been linked to religion. 

Can't be any company with links to poor wages or conditions, which rules out every single Eastern clothing and tech company ever. 

Can't be any company linked to oil, gas, global warming. 

No company with links to dodgy money or people. 

Can't be any company who employ, or are linked, to anyone who has ever made a dodgy social media post. 

Erm...... 

Perhaps let's not have a sponsor, as the self appointed woke morality police will attack every company ever. 

I'd also suggest vetting of fans, and only allow those of a high level of morality, as defined by the committee, to support the club. 

Edited by Wrathofthefarkely
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I would have preferred BigVern Chippy, I sounded him out after purchasing his renowned battered sausage, chips and a pickled egg but he declined stating that he is staying loyal to sponsoring Athletico Thurton. So as second choice I would go for this lot........https://www.yo-yo.com

Ha. It would be really quite funny if we became sponsored by a yo-yo maker 

• Haha 1

I'd turn this around and say we forego sponsorship and do something to put something back into the community so the Samaritans, Mind, EACH, Cancer Research - perhaps on different shirts is the way forward. I'm sure there are plenty of local charities. Pay them the direct proceeds from shirts and raffles etc.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Canary73 said:

I'd turn this around and say we forego sponsorship and do something to put something back into the community so the Samaritans, Mind, EACH, Cancer Research - perhaps on different shirts is the way forward. I'm sure there are plenty of local charities. Pay them the direct proceeds from shirts and raffles etc.  

Barcelona did that with UNICEF for a bit.

2 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

Yeah. Just what we need. To actively reduce our revenue.

6 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

Thus reducing the player budget even more... No thanks. This is a professional sports club not a charity. Plenty other charities to support already. 

Edited by Kenny Foggo

25 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

Huddersfield did the same, don't see why we can't. Just halt our love of money money money must be funny for just one, single lone season and swallow our pride and embrace our morals

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I just wish everyone would stop speaking on behalf of this idea of one 'offence' for all.

Only YOU can decide what is offensive to YOU. You will find others who disagree and agree. 

Sometimes so many people agree that a change is made for the benefit of the collective consciousness.

But if there are not enough of you offended by this, then don't you dare project your opinions onto others.

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Huddersfield did the same, don't see why we can't just halt our love of money money money must be funny for just one, single lone season and swallow our pride and embrace our morals

They partook in a publicity stunt which did earn them some money iirc.

If I were Webber watching this fan reaction I'd be pulling what's left of my hair out.

If we had the luxury, and it is a luxury, to have a charity as our main sponsor then I’d absolutely love that. If you don’t love that then there’s something up with you. I’d have EACH as our sponsor each year happily if it wasn’t a case of us needing this revenue stream to compete. 

Not taking cash for this ultra-moralistic reasons is an act of self sabotage.

nobody has managed to solve the revenue/moral conundrum I see. It’s because the company doesn’t exist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FatCanary said:

I just wish everyone would stop speaking on behalf of this idea of one 'offence' for all.

Only YOU can decide what is offensive to YOU. You will find others who disagree and agree. 

Sometimes so many people agree that a change is made for the benefit of the collective consciousness.

But if there are not enough of you offended by this, then don't you dare project your opinions onto others.

I know right. I like how this hanful of women get to speak for all female Norwich fans.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-bk8-saga-8037692

This reaction happens pretty much every time we get a new sponsor in this era.

It'll blow over and we'll all just get on with enjoying our team in the PL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Huddersfield did the same, don't see why we can't. Just halt our love of money money money must be funny for just one, single lone season and swallow our pride and embrace our morals

99% sure that was with PaddyPower as they initially put their name down like a diagonal sash which contravened guidelines on sponsorship displays on shirts, so they did one without any sponsoring as a retort.

Could be wrong, but think that was how that came about. Not that they went without sponsorship.

Personally I don't find it offensive.

I would find it offensive if those women were working in their promotional material against their will, or were actively degraded in their treatment.

But maybe, just maybe, they decided it was all a bit of fun?

Surely you can't throw words like exploitation around without actually f**ing doing some research?!

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

99% sure that was with PaddyPower as they initially put their name down like a diagonal sash which contravened guidelines on sponsorship displays on shirts, so they did one without any sponsoring as a retort.

Could be wrong, but think that was how that came about. Not that they went without sponsorship.

This is spot on. 

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Only I think that initial banner release was also part of the publicity stunt; they set it up with the intention of making the shirts unbranded.

Great media team at PP you have to say! 

• Like 1

The only sponsor who can save us from the cesspool of moral squalor this club is up to its neck in is the Salvation Army...half time entertainment sorted too. 😇

Apples

1 minute ago, Mr Apples said:

The only sponsor who can save us from the cesspool of moral squalor this club is up to its neck in is the Salvation Army...half time entertainment sorted too. 😇

Apples

I’d be happy with this, if you’re bankrolled you can have fun and promote worthwhile charities.

We are are the antithesis of “bankrolled” for better or for worse. Money makes the world go round.