Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

England 6/1 to win the Euros

The sad thing is, it’s a good enough squad to go deep into the tournament, and in an attacking sense, win it.

But we have the national teams answer to Mr Houghton in charge so will be out the first time we play a half decent side.

Somehow Southgate is still in favour due to the ridiculously easy fixtures 3 years ago, and we still lost to a poor side.

3 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

The sad thing is, it’s a good enough squad to go deep into the tournament, and in an attacking sense, win it.

But we have the national teams answer to Mr Houghton in charge so will be out the first time we play a half decent side.

Somehow Southgate is still in favour due to the ridiculously easy fixtures 3 years ago, and we still lost to a poor side.

Thing that worries me is that when Southgate first took over we would destroy lesser teams and always thrash them then crumble anytime we played against a decent team and lose

... We can barley manage to get a result against the lesser teams now and people think we can win the whole thing?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

They're ****. Should get out of that group, but quarters are about as far as they'll go. Defence is not good enough.

The draw hasn’t been too kind - win the group it’s likely to be France or Portugal, come second it’s likely to be one of those two in the QFs.

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We can barley manage to get a result against the lesser teams now and people think we can win the whole thing?

Another corny comment from Cambridge...

I don't feel like England are where they were a few years ago,  so will be interesting to see what they can produce once the tournament starts. I'd be happy for us to get to the quarters so we can have a little bit of excitement along the way, anything beyond that is a bonus

• Like 1

There are 6/7 players who would walk into most of the Euro teams starting XI. Kane, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rice, Rashford off the top of my head and not all of those will be in England's first XI. Shows the strength of the squad but with Southgate in charge we won't make it past the last 16, whereas should be aiming for the final. Won't happen

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm interested in the Euros only to see how our own club players get on and as an English person, it might be heresy to say it, but I would rather Finland win it than England.

You’d rather Finland win than England? Give your head a wobble, blimey.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

The draw hasn’t been too kind - win the group it’s likely to be France or Portugal, come second it’s likely to be one of those two in the QFs.

..or Germany.Last 16 is our lot.Okay going forward,but our defence will be our undoing. Pickford also always has a ricket in him.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

There are 6/7 players who would walk into most of the Euro teams starting XI. Kane, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rice, Rashford off the top of my head and not all of those will be in England's first XI. Shows the strength of the squad but with Southgate in charge we won't make it past the last 16, whereas should be aiming for the final. Won't happen

Probably only Kane out of that lot would get in the French team 

26 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Any Nordic side or really anyone but England, Wales or Scotland for me. 

God all the euros with people going on about taking the knee

And the Norwich prudes still banging on about gambling and women doing things that make them blush. 

Plus Gareth hughton grinding us to the semi final then folding. 

Joy. 

25 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Yep. Cannot get excited by any of our football, Kane or any of the rest of them as a collection of players/management.  All I get from watching England in friendlies and competitive games is wonder why I am bothering to watch such turgid lack of entertainment.  Give me a whole hearted up and at'em kind of team that looks like it's giving it's all every minute they are on the pitch with a player like Pukki who I can relate to.  What are the odds on Finland? 500-1 I think I saw. That's where my couple of quid will go.

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Probably only Kane out of that lot would get in the French team 

Foden too. Fantastic player in many different positions. Let’s see if Mr ‘I’ll pick my mates’ Southgate has enough common sense to actually play our best players.

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Foden too. Fantastic player in many different positions. Let’s see if Mr ‘I’ll pick my mates’ Southgate has enough common sense to actually play our best players.

No chance. As you say he has his favourites and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jordan Henderson start even though he isn't match fit and garbage

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yep. Cannot get excited by any of our football, Kane or any of the rest of them as a collection of players/management.  All I get from watching England in friendlies and competitive games is wonder why I am bothering to watch such turgid lack of entertainment.  Give me a whole hearted up and at'em kind of team that looks like it's giving it's all every minute they are on the pitch with a player like Pukki who I can relate to.  What are the odds on Finland? 500-1 I think I saw. That's where my couple of quid will go.

Just imagine your in a bar somewhere. America or Spain or whatever and someone who’s into football or soccer or whatever strikes up a conversation with you. They understand your English and remark:

”Oh, you guys have a pretty decent chance at the euros this year, how about that Phil Foden eh?”

”I’m NoT SuPPoRtINg EnGlUnD tHEy AreN’T PluCKy EnOUgh”

15 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

Any Nordic side or really anyone but England, Wales or Scotland for me. 

“I’m SuPPorTinG ThE NoRdIcS”

AE44134A-2E6F-43AD-8B19-7E70B9451B81.jpeg

we're decent but those odds are short... must be the bookies protecting themselves from what will be a popular bet domestically... I bet you get better odds from a French bookmaker (is that even a thing?)

• Like 1