Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Michael Appleton set to take over as mananger at West Brom

Once upon a time Brom were the 'Look at West Brom, they are what we must become' and now they are back in the Championship. Will be interesting to see how well they do, more so now they are linked to Appleton. How do we think they are going to do back down in the 2nd tier, a very similar sized club to us?

pscnuoch1w371.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

That is a very good choice. He did an extraordinary job at Lincoln. He had to completely rebuild a team with very little money and almost got them promoted playing some very good football 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

You sure, thought they were still interviewing and that Chris Wilder was the favourite?

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I thought Wilder had that role sewn up. Strange. 

So did many, but then again everyone was convinced Emi was set to sign for Arsenal until the day before he ran off to Villa

https://www.givemesport.com/1702760-west-brom-manager-news-45yearold-now-frontrunner-for-role-as-contact-made

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57185301

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Once upon a time Brom were the 'Look at West Brom, they are what we must become' and now they are back in the Championship. Will be interesting to see how well they do, more so now they are linked to Appleton. How do we think they are going to do back down in the 2nd tier, a very similar sized club to us?

pscnuoch1w371.jpg

Looks like David Wagner has the job.

A lot to like about how he's gone about his business. Learned his trade as a coach at WBA after retiring due to injury instead of going straight into management and certainly looks like from Oxford onwards, he's put teams in better positions than when he started. As @dylanisabaddog said, he worked wonders at Lincoln and definitely could be one to watch.

Wagner is getting the job according to Twitter. WBA's owner blocked the appointment the Wilder as he didn't like his relationship with the owners at Sheff Utd.

33 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wagner is getting the job according to Twitter. WBA's owner blocked the appointment the Wilder as he didn't like his relationship with the owners at Sheff Utd.

Wow. Not heard that one before.

Yep, all over the media now that Wagner has got the gig......... Not that I care about some small Championship side....... 

16 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Yep, all over the media now that Wagner has got the gig......... Not that I care about some small Championship side....... 

'Not that I care about some small Championship side'

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

medium_2021-06-09-d1b509d797.jpg

From the news report it does indeed seem that David 'Würstchen with a side of fries' Wagner is making his return to England. Blimey, all these twists and turns with the Baggies, I can hardly keep up. Still, if he does go would be interesting to see where he goes. West Brom of course being a club having always been somwaht similar to us, and given Wagner was close to joining us until we got Farke and all the German links..

Very much a club to keep an eye on. That and I have always quite liked the Hawthorns, fun away trip. . Maybe as said stadium does look oddly like a dark blue Carrow Road

I thought this was quite a left-field role for the former England cricket captain 🤪

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

medium_2021-06-09-d1b509d797.jpg

From the news report it does indeed seem that David 'Würstchen with a side of fries' Wagner is making his return to England. Blimey, all these twists and turns with the Baggies, I can hardly keep up. Still, if he does go would be interesting to see where he goes. West Brom of course being a club having always been somwaht similar to us, and given Wagner was close to joining us until we got Farke and all the German links..

Very much a club to keep an eye on. That and I have always quite liked the Hawthorns, fun away trip. . Maybe as said stadium does look oddly like a dark blue Carrow Road

Wagner’s football is extremely defensive, may as well have kept Bilic!

On 08/06/2021 at 21:24, Move Klose said:

Looks like David Wagner has the job.

Looks like he's taking over a job in Switzerland now, wba making hard of appointing a new manager.