Sign in to follow this  
pearsos

Will You Buy Next Seasons Shirt ?

In view of the widespread condemnation of our new sponsors BK8. How many of you, who normally purchase an NCFC shirt will NOT buy one ?

14 minutes ago, pearsos said:

In view of the widespread condemnation of our new sponsors BK8. How many of you, who normally purchase an NCFC shirt will NOT buy one ?

Could you make your OP into a poll, perhaps? I won't be buying one.

I haven't bought one since we got gambling sponsors so this obviously won't change now.

It is why I was so keen to get one of the 'for the fans' shirts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Is that directly because of the sponsor? We would need to know how many would usually buy one to gauge any difference. I guess we’d need to know how it effects sales away from folk who use social media. I’d be curious to see the results and how the results from on here correlate to the real world.

I'd hope the club have at least explored having a sponsorless version - BK8 don't care if people in England (99% of the Norwich shirt market I'd assume) are wearing their logo as they aren’t  really targeting this country. Interesting to see what happens at the kit launch - it may be too late for them to get the new maker to produce a load of sponsorless shirts of course.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Like 1

Just now, McKil said:

Is that directly because of the sponsor? We would need to know how many would usually buy one to gauge any difference. I guess we’d need to know how it effects sales away from folk who use social media. I’d be curious to see the results and how the results from on here correlate to the real world.

Yep. I usually buy a shirt, but I won't buy one with BK8 on the front because I believe it flies in the face of the club's supposed family values and focus on ED&I. My wife (also a ST holder who usually buys a shirt) has said the same.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Good idea but unfortunately I don’t know how to do that. Perhaps someone can help?

5 minutes ago, pearsos said:

Good idea but unfortunately I don’t know how to do that. Perhaps someone can help?

I'm not sure if you can 'retrofit' an already-posted thread with a poll, so I set one up myself; I hope you don't mind me nicking your idea! 🙂

Yes I'd gladly purchase the new shirt, but only if they also emblazon in 15 mm letters "CHOOSE CIGGIES - SMOKE CAPSTAN FULL STRENGTH FOR THAT CULTURED COUGH" just below the back of the shirt collar.....What's not to like?.....

Advertising in any way, shape or form is the way forward for self funding......

• Haha 1

Hopefully being Joma, the sponsor will be a cheap transfer which is easy to pull off (no BK8 advertisement pun intended......) 

What I want to know is why is it *always* the players names and numbers that peel off the shirts before the sponsors? We live in a cruel world 

I personally stopped buying them when we added the first betting company.

Have never considered these tie ins to match up to what the club is meant to represent. Each new one seems to lower the bar further too.

Dafabets paltry contribution to support gambling problems was £200 last year. The club said that gambling partnerships would include community support and that number was frankly a **** take.

Companies like BK8 are also a lot worse than just their awful social content. They are buying premier league sponsorship to advertise to countries where betting is illegal. Their UK website has literally only gone live this week because this isn't their market.

There is an Athletic article that covers what's been happening and why some clubs are no longer actively pursuing these deals (should be free to read). The club has messed up here on so many levels and you have to seriously question how those making the decision ever thought this was the right way to go.

https://theathletic.com/2361984/2021/02/03/gambling-premier-league-shirt-sponsors-investigation/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Third kit leaked

15658735-BDE7-49D0-93FD-2B588FDCC3F3.jpeg

Well, there are the bangers.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, there are the bangers.

Make my dreams come true Nodge and let the Pearl clutching intensify 

F79673E1-9A50-4FC1-AA93-5D25D738BF71.jpeg

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Make my dreams come true Nodge and let the Pearl clutching intensify 

F79673E1-9A50-4FC1-AA93-5D25D738BF71.jpeg

That away one reminds me of the song Move Your Feet by Junior Senior.