Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

How to take the gloss of a promotion in 2 easy lessons

Well , you could start by selling your star player . Then , after lots of effort promoting yourself as a wholesome family club , do a deal with an online Gambling company who use (ahem) questionable advertising tactics.

It’s a rollercoaster ride with City. Good thing no one has noticed . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Feels similar to me to the moment when Lambert left. We had just survived our 1st season in the Prem with a number of L1 faces scoring freely and making Villa look stale and dull on that last day in the sunshine at Carrow Road ....... then ...

I 'get' the Emi sale totally, but it stings.

I don't 'get' the sponsorship howler!

If you're surprised by Emi leaving, you weren't paying attention. Most knew he'd kicked his last ball for Norwich against Barnsley. So no gloss lost there.

Bk8 is just a silly error of judgement, best to just laugh it off. 

Promotion is still cast in bronze for me. A wonderful achievement during in a very challenging year. 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2021 at 07:41, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Well , you could start by selling your star player . Then , after lots of effort promoting yourself as a wholesome family club , do a deal with an online Gambling company who use (ahem) questionable advertising tactics.

It’s a rollercoaster ride with City. Good thing no one has noticed . 

Selling the one player who could have helped us to stay up. Should have kept him until winter window at least.

19 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Selling the one player who could have helped us to stay up. Should have kept him until winter window at least.

Here's a challenge for you - go down to Colney when pre-season starts and tell all the players there that none of them can help us stay up. (Good luck with that). 

13 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Thank you for digging up a thread not posted in for six days for that hot take. 

Not like there isn't a million other Emi threads you could have posted this in.