Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Man City sponsors

Recommended Posts

Just wondered what people’s thoughts were on the current premier league winners sponsor? 
 

not by any means defending BK8 but if a main player like Etihad can use sexualisation to advertise their product then is it fair game for BK8 to? 
 

unfortunately it is the way of the world these days doesn’t make it any less right, a lot of this aggravation is because of the beundia sale, had this been announced last week then we may have heard some negativity but not at the level there has been

 

in a time where we need to stick together, this kind of behaviour is not helpful to the club or fan base 

 

let’s see what happens next 24-48 hours and moving into next season, this will all be forgotten about when we secured premier league survival in Brighton in April of next year 🙂  

8099F209-E244-40A9-9640-6FE15E9201F3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Just wondered what people’s thoughts were on the current premier league winners sponsor? 
 

not by any means defending BK8 but if a main player like Etihad can use sexualisation to advertise their product then is it fair game for BK8 to? 
 

unfortunately it is the way of the world these days doesn’t make it any less right, a lot of this aggravation is because of the beundia sale, had this been announced last week then we may have heard some negativity but not at the level there has been

 

in a time where we need to stick together, this kind of behaviour is not helpful to the club or fan base 

 

let’s see what happens next 24-48 hours and moving into next season, this will all be forgotten about when we secured premier league survival in Brighton in April of next year 🙂  

8099F209-E244-40A9-9640-6FE15E9201F3.jpeg

Damn more tasteful than our sponsors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why this argument keeps popping up. We're taught by our parents and their parents and their parents that two wrongs never make a right. Just because a major company uses sexualisation as a selling tool doesn't give everyone else carte blanche to do the same. 

We also have to acknowledge that there's a difference between sitting Nicole Kidman on a bed advertising Etihads first class cabins and filming four girls performing sex acts on sausages.

Finally for someone who wasn't defending BK8, you gave a pretty good go at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Not sure why this argument keeps popping up. We're taught by our parents and their parents and their parents that two wrongs never make a right. Just because a major company uses sexualisation as a selling tool doesn't give everyone else carte blanche to do the same. 

We also have to acknowledge that there's a difference between sitting Nicole Kidman on a bed advertising Etihads first class cabins and filming four girls performing sex acts on sausages.

Finally for someone who wasn't defending BK8, you gave a pretty good go at it. 

Whilst I agree with the advertising of BK8 not being appropriate I can’t help but feel we’re just ripping into the club here because it’s easy and shows us all as appearing as morally sound. I also feel those who dislike the owners and board have also happened upon a reasonable large stick.

what brand of phones do you use?

what car do you drive?

what’s the source of the meat you consume?

what clothing brands do you wear?

 I’m not even trying to attack you, but if girls performing these acts on sausages really enrage people as much as they say then we can really use this to make some improvements in other areas of the world. I’m guessing people are just not aware of what’s going on right now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is, I never once actually defended BK8, just NCFC’s right to do business with them.  Seems that makes me ‘repulsive’.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Thing is, I never once actually defended BK8, just NCFC’s right to do business with them.  Seems that makes me ‘repulsive’.  

The club has no right to throw away the reputation it has built up over years by associating itself with a company like this. it is an act of gross stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Remi said:

Whilst I agree with the advertising of BK8 not being appropriate I can’t help but feel we’re just ripping into the club here because it’s easy and shows us all as appearing as morally sound. I also feel those who dislike the owners and board have also happened upon a reasonable large stick.

what brand of phones do you use?

what car do you drive?

what’s the source of the meat you consume?

what clothing brands do you wear?

 I’m not even trying to attack you, but if girls performing these acts on sausages really enrage people as much as they say then we can really use this to make some improvements in other areas of the world. I’m guessing people are just not aware of what’s going on right now? 

I don't think I've seen anyone lay blame at the feet of the board or the owners for this. 

I think it's right to criticise the club when criticism is merited. I think criticism is merited because this massively undermines key values the club have spent decades building up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Remi said:

Whilst I agree with the advertising of BK8 not being appropriate I can’t help but feel we’re just ripping into the club here because it’s easy and shows us all as appearing as morally sound. I also feel those who dislike the owners and board have also happened upon a reasonable large stick.

what brand of phones do you use?

what car do you drive?

what’s the source of the meat you consume?

what clothing brands do you wear?

 I’m not even trying to attack you, but if girls performing these acts on sausages really enrage people as much as they say then we can really use this to make some improvements in other areas of the world. I’m guessing people are just not aware of what’s going on right now? 

Well said.

If anyone really wants a sense of moral outrage, just read a selection of most newspapers this morning ...or tomorrow morning....or the day after... to either read what is happening in the world or if preferred, how it is reported.

A mistake has been made. That's it. People will learn from it. That's the point of mistakes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bizarre that you or anyone could look at this picture and find it even slightly inappropriate? Its absolute night and day compared to the BK8 photos and videos, I'm surprised anyone needs to explain this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yobocop said:

a lot of this aggravation is because of the beundia sale, had this been announced last week then we may have heard some negativity but not at the level there has been

Not so. This is beyond footballing issues.  Something that goes to the heart of what the club is supposed to be about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BK8 just looks like the common sort of tripe you see from the snapchat generation, a desperate, never ending quest to sell every shred of dignity for hashtags. Maybe the club was trying to be "cool". Either way, it's poor judgement. Best to just laugh at it and move on.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not so. This is beyond footballing issues.  Something that goes to the heart of what the club is supposed to be about.

What actually is that, then - you seem to be intent on being our moral compass…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

What actually is that, then - you seem to be intent on being our moral compass…

If you need to ask, that says it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, lake district canary said:

If you need to ask, that says it all. 

Which suggests you have no answer for once. The club means lots of things to lots of people/groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Which suggests you have no answer for once. The club means lots of things to lots of people/groups.

Goodness. I simply can't be bothered to explain it to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Well said.

If anyone really wants a sense of moral outrage, just read a selection of most newspapers this morning ...or tomorrow morning....or the day after... to either read what is happening in the world or if preferred, how it is reported.

A mistake has been made. That's it. People will learn from it. That's the point of mistakes.

Precisely. I don't think anyone should lose their job over it, but it is a heck of an incongruity shacking up with a company that drives sexualisation to the extent that it does.

Personally, I found it quite amusing, but accept that it's out of kilter with the image we've tried to portray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a woman in a nightgown getting into bed is the same as a scantily clad woman felating a hot dog?

Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Goodness. I simply can't be bothered to explain it to you.

If only that were true more often.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Precisely. I don't think anyone should lose their job over it, but it is a heck of an incongruity shacking up with a company that drives sexualisation to the extent that it does.

Personally, I found it quite amusing, but accept that it's out of kilter with the image we've tried to portray.

Of course it wasn’t intended- clearly someone ought to have checked out BK8 better than they did.  The problem for me Is the astonishing level of attacks on the club, and other supporters.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urm, are you honestly trying to suggest that a photo of a famous actress sat on a business class bed-seat is comparable to a video of some Asian girls playing ‘the hotdog game’ in lewdly cut football shirts?

I mean, she’s showing her ankles… are you from 1890?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Of course it wasn’t intended- clearly someone ought to have checked out BK8 better than they did.  The problem for me Is the astonishing level of attacks on the club, and other supporters.  

Largely agree, at least when it goes to the extent of sacking the person responsible. That's going too far for me. However, some degree of kicking up a stink is needed to let them know "wait, that's too far, this is our line in the sand".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Precisely. I don't think anyone should lose their job over it, but it is a heck of an incongruity shacking up with a company that drives sexualisation to the extent that it does.

Personally, I found it quite amusing, but accept that it's out of kilter with the image we've tried to portray.

It's a murky world and Norwich City are part of that too. I've not been someone with rose tinted specs about that. Dafabet, Leo Vegas, BK8 and so on. Look a bit deeper and there are all sorts of links. 

If folk want to be outraged there's plenty to go at! A good example is finding out lots of fine buildings in our cities have been built with money from dubious sources...slavery just one example. Much of the money that was used was derived from shocking inequality and exploitation. I won't go on but I'm giving examples where we might also be outraged.

The Weinstein situation has brought women's exploitation into global consciousness (rightly). Now, Norwich City have opened themselves to also shine a light on sexualisation. Not a good look.

As you state this episode IS incongruous with the supposed values of our club and the sheen of promotion is somewhat tarnished.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I don't think I've seen anyone lay blame at the feet of the board or the owners for this. 

I think it's right to criticise the club when criticism is merited. I think criticism is merited because this massively undermines key values the club have spent decades building up. 

Both shocking decisions this week can be traced back ultimately to the board and the owners because both of them flow from our lack of cash and the "self funding" model. Our commercial team are on a mission to get as much money from sponsorshp as they can. In this case that has meant entering into a deal with a company that has clearly offered a lot more thna any of the other options. Thats their job as part of Delia's "self funding" model because the view is taken we need to extract every penny we can to prop up our budget. See also the membership scheme which in my view was worse and which the board clearly also sanctioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Bizarre that you or anyone could look at this picture and find it even slightly inappropriate? Its absolute night and day compared to the BK8 photos and videos, I'm surprised anyone needs to explain this. 

It’s Nicole Kidman sitting on the edge of the bed with her shoes kicked off looking suggestively at the camera 

yes it’s sexualisation, yes it’s not as bad as BK8s supposed Marketing material and yes two wrongs don’t make a right but this is the way of The world and I’m telling you now half of this ‘squit’ would not have happened if beundia wasn’t sold the same day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Urm, are you honestly trying to suggest that a photo of a famous actress sat on a business class bed-seat is comparable to a video of some Asian girls playing ‘the hotdog game’ in lewdly cut football shirts?

I mean, she’s showing her ankles… are you from 1890?

Sexualisation mate - it may not be as bad but it is still pure ‘sex sells’ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure Nicole Kidman fully clothed on a hotel bed is quite teenage girls deep throating a sausage mate 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

It’s Nicole Kidman sitting on the edge of the bed with her shoes kicked off looking suggestively at the camera 

yes it’s sexualisation, yes it’s not as bad as BK8s supposed Marketing material and yes two wrongs don’t make a right but this is the way of The world and I’m telling you now half of this ‘squit’ would not have happened if beundia wasn’t sold the same day 

Okay. But it isn’t two wrongs. If sexualisation was a ladder then the photo you shared would barely be one rut up the ladder. The BK8 ads are a good 5 ruts up the same ladder and you can’t get much higher without being straight up pornography.

It’s like trying to compare a petty theft with a violent assault and say ‘well they’re both crimes aren’t they’. Only the picture you shared wouldn’t even be akin to petty theft, it’s nothing, at all. The level of sexualisation you describe is less than what you find in any advert for perfume or aftershave - it’s below the level of our everyday societal norms. Whereas the BK8 stuff is very far removed from what is considered acceptable advertising in this country.

Chalk and cheese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...