Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Bye Ben Kensell

12 minutes ago, McKil said:

This will be seen as an absolute win for BK8. Betting companies have never cared about people, and have only toed the line to keep their existence safe and profits maximised in the long run.

5624CB0B-4C47-4C55-9C40-41784DAC8256.jpeg

We beat Ipswich YET AGAIN! Ohh when will it ever end

Edited by Michael Starr

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ben T reports into Ben K.

According to the club website, Ben Kensell "is responsible for leading the non football side of the business, including Finance, Operations and I.T, as well as all Commercial revenue generating areas; sponsorship, ticketing, hospitality, sales, retail, lotteries, marketing, special events and conference and banqueting".

If one of his reports has made a unilateral decision on a headline sponsorship package without his sign-off, that's just as concerning as if he'd signed it off himself.

Agreed. He is ultimately responsible and must go. In one fell swoop he has trashed our wholesome family image and made us a laughing stock in the football world.( You can just imagine the chants of rival fans) 

Many people will not buy these shirts and we should terminate the deal immediately.

It does seem odd that Norwich have "cashed out" their soul twice in the space of three days. Underselling Emi and now this. It's like we're trying to raise cash for something big?!

4 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

Agreed. He is ultimately responsible and must go. In one fell swoop he has trashed our wholesome family image and made us a laughing stock in the football world.( You can just imagine the chants of rival fans) 

Many people will not buy these shirts and we should terminate the deal immediately.

I'd stop short of calling for him to be sacked, personally. I'm certainly keen for him to publicly own the mistake and put it right. I do believe the deal should be terminated, but not sure how viable that is from a legal perspective so will hold fire to see what the club says first.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

That’d probably see us being liable for significant costs if we’re seen to be in breach of contract.

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ben Kensell may be the top operations man, but Ben Tunnell is head of commercial development.

Must have been a little tunnel vision.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm not saying its ruined our reputation but its clearly hurt it and damaged relationships with our own fanbase- look at the reactions from oganisations like Proud Canaries, Supporters Trust, etc etc.

Now that I can see, but there is a part of me wondering would this have caused quite such a stir amongst supporters had the news regarding Emi not occurred in the hours beforehand. I think this has given *some* people (not all) a well timed bit of extra ammunition to take out their frustrations on the club because of the impending sale. Totally get that it was a bit of a gaff, but I’m pretty confident this will die down back home pretty quickly. Both club and BK8 have made statements on the matter apologising, and I don’t see any long term harm to the club other than (quite likely) the revenue of shirt sales taking a hit. I like @Bethnal Yellow and Green’s idea of them producing a sponsorless shirt though, but I’m not sure I’ll get this seasons shirt anyway just because in all honesty I’m not a fan of Joma more than anything (assuming they’re the new kit suppliers).

10 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

That’d probably see us being liable for significant costs if we’re seen to be in breach of contract.

I was wondering if that could be the case but in view of BK8 breaching contract by bringing the club into disrepute? Though I guess it could be argued that it’s historical and was already out there so they’re not personally liable? Who knows, but I wouldn’t actually be surprised if this deal got terminated - I guess if there’s 50,000 shirts already printed up then this may play a part in such a decision however.

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Now that I can see, but there is a part of me wondering would this have caused quite such a stir amongst supporters had the news regarding Emi not occurred in the hours beforehand. I think this has given *some* people (not all) a well timed bit of extra ammunition to take out their frustrations on the club because of the impending sale. Totally get that it was a bit of a gaff, but I’m pretty confident this will die down back home pretty quickly. Both club and BK8 have made statements on the matter apologising, and I don’t see any long term harm to the club other than (quite likely) the revenue of shirt sales taking a hit. I like @Bethnal Yellow and Green’s idea of them producing a sponsorless shirt though, but I’m not sure I’ll get this seasons shirt anyway just because in all honesty I’m not a fan of Joma more than anything (assuming they’re the new kit suppliers).

I don't agree to be honest.

What has been striking from the reaction I've seen on twitter has been the kind of people who usually defend the club to the hilt over whatever may happen.

Take Robin Sainty for example - anyone who follows him on twitter knows he will generally back the club. He was defending the Buendia transfer not long ago. Now him and the Supporters Trust have come out strongly against this. It isn't just the moaners on facebook who are concerned about this so I don't the Buendia transfer has played much of a role to be honest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't agree to be honest.

What has been striking from the reaction I've seen on twitter has been the kind of people who usually defend the club to the hilt over whatever may happen.

Take Robin Sainty for example - anyone who follows him on twitter knows he will generally back the club. He was defending the Buendia transfer not long ago. Now him and the Supporters Trust have come out strongly against this. It isn't just the moaners on facebook who are concerned about this so I don't the Buendia transfer has played much of a role to be honest.

But that cuts completely both ways, KC - those that don’t generally back the club, or in particular, aren’t happy with the ownership, will see this as yet another opportunity to beat the club with. Which is kind of my point.

As for Robin, it’s my opinion that he’s a top bloke and I wouldn’t expect him to endorse such a thing. And you can be sure he’s not getting pi55ed with the club just for the sake of it, of that I totally agree 👍

Would it be that difficult  for the club to produce its own shirts, under licence/ contract  somewhere.  Take the lead....using fabrics and factories that have been thoroughly  researched. Be the first ( if there isn't one already) club that literally " does its own thing". 

Someone stated earlier that most if the profits go to the manufacturer....let's  be that manufacturer.  

40 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'd stop short of calling for him to be sacked, personally. I'm certainly keen for him to publicly own the mistake and put it right. I do believe the deal should be terminated, but not sure how viable that is from a legal perspective so will hold fire to see what the club says first.

Was he not on a last strike after the membership fiasco?

Great deal for the club. He's done a good job getting it. Global exposure too. 

Not that the woke snowflakes will care, as they are too busy telling women they shouldn't be acting like that in videos because of feminism, which means women can do what they want.... Oh

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

But that cuts completely both ways, KC - those that don’t generally back the club, or in particular, aren’t happy with the ownership, will see this as yet another opportunity to beat the club with. Which is kind of my point.

As for Robin, it’s my opinion that he’s a top bloke and I wouldn’t expect him to endorse such a thing. And you can be sure he’s not getting pi55ed with the club just for the sake of it, of that I totally agree 👍

I feel like you've missed my point.

The people who I've seen to be most outspokenly pissed off about this sponsorship are not the same people who were annoyed about the Buendia transfer. So I don't think the negative reaction to this sponsorship is really linked to Buendia at all. Sure you might get some who fall under the 'any stick' club but I don't think that really applies here at all.

• Like 1

I wonder if our enraged and irate majority shareholding duo have tied face down legs akimbo on the club boardroom table - this incongruous individual responsible? This hapless heathen whom has brought this national unwarranted, shameful, outrageous and negative publicity to our fine upstanding family friendly and self-funding club.....

Our esteemed and adored by all shareholding duo - who are probably at this moment in time, currently in possession of a croquet mallet and a large smooth 2 inch thick 3 foot long baton, and are preparing to angrily and non-surgically administer some Dr Johnson's internal back support to the said perpetrator......

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

I feel like you've missed my point.

The people who I've seen to be most outspokenly pissed off about this sponsorship are not the same people who were annoyed about the Buendia transfer. So I don't think the negative reaction to this sponsorship is really linked to Buendia at all. Sure you might get some who fall under the 'any stick' club but I don't think that really applies here at all.

I don’t think it’s the majority as I’ve always stated, but I’m saying that if there’s a percentage that adds to the uproar then of course that still makes a difference to the condemnation that we’re seeing. 

19 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Was he not on a last strike after the membership fiasco?

I don't recall... was he?

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't recall... was he?

There are quite a few issues that do have his name on them over the years to be honest.

Galway Roast, BK8, 'For the heroes', £50 memberships just off the top of my head. I'm not saying he should be marched out the door but his track record isn't stunning when it comes to PR.

I don't particularly want a Betting firm on the shirt regardless. That said, genuine question, because I've only seen screenshots of Instagram, are the pictures of models in shorts, bikini top and vest what people are referring to as p0rn or is there more? If so then that is pretty much standard wear in parks, beaches etc across here and Europe. The use of scantily clad women for advertising seems to be outdated but to describe it as p0rn is sensationalist and dilutes the clear objections being made.

Edited by hertfordyellow

You guys think this will blow over in a few days, top brass gets away with this with an apology, club gets to keep BK8 sponsorship money, and pinky promise we'll not do it again in the future?

Hehe.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

There are quite a few issues that do have his name on them over the years to be honest.

Galway Roast, BK8, 'For the heroes', £50 memberships just off the top of my head. I'm not saying he should be marched out the door but his track record isn't stunning when it comes to PR.

Sure, I don't dispute that. Just don't recall the club issuing any such statement about his performance/position.

33 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Would it be that difficult  for the club to produce its own shirts, under licence/ contract  somewhere.  Take the lead....using fabrics and factories that have been thoroughly  researched. Be the first ( if there isn't one already) club that literally " does its own thing". 

Someone stated earlier that most if the profits go to the manufacturer....let's  be that manufacturer.  

I think the upfront costs to do that would eliminate the Emi money. I'm not sure you are going to get support for that. There is a reason why companies with an expertise in producing shirts on mass are given contracts to make shirts on mass.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sure, I don't dispute that. Just don't recall the club issuing any such statement about his performance/position.

Well no I wouldn't expect them to. 

I don't think WD40 was claiming there was.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Well no I wouldn't expect them to. 

I don't think WD40 was claiming there was.

He said "Was he not on a last strike", which implied that the club had said something publicly... to me, anyway. Either way, he's on thin ice.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He said "Was he not on a last strike", which implied that the club had said something publicly... to me, anyway. Either way, he's on thin ice.

I took that to mean with (some) supporters- the club wouldn’t say such a thing, surely?

40 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

St. Pauli tried it. Not sure how successful...

FC St Pauli's New Kits Will Be Manufactured Completely Independently by the Football Club (versus.uk.com)

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Ben Kensell may be the top operations man, but Ben Tunnell is head of commercial development.

I once spoke to Ben Tunnell after a fans forum having been pointed in his direction in relation about a late good friend and no bigger supporter of Norwich City there coul,d be possibly be and i found him to be insensitive and totally not interested in what i had to say. I ended up shaking my head and walking away.

A phone call and a subsequent meeting in his office with Ben Kensell and the matter was dealt with a good outcome.

Having enquired i understand Mr Tunnell is not greatly admired by some within Carrow Road.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Seems good to me. Manufacture your own shirts with designs from local people (we've seen some good ones on here) plenty of ideas, just needs someone to put it into action and do it.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I took that to mean with (some) supporters- the club wouldn’t say such a thing, surely?

Yeah, fair enough. I think I probably misinterpreted the original comment.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Seems good to me. Manufacture your own shirts with designs from local people (we've seen some good ones on here) plenty of ideas, just needs someone to put it into action and do it.

Anyone fancy writing a letter to the club and suggesting it?