Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Bye Ben Kensell

4 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Women looking good and getting paid. 

The horror. 

Good for them. Thats equality. They don't have to do it. 

The outdated morals on display around Norfolk are embarrassing

It’s not the woman you fool it’s the sausage that people object to 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Perhaps Delia could knock us up a nice Toad in the Hole.

With gravy

This thread and the forum over the past few days is a classic example of modern dog whistle politics, with no room for nuance. It shows how easy it is for the Sun or Daily Mail to be so reductive as to strip the argument of all context and then claim “political correctness gone mad”.

- What other football clubs do is irrelevant

- How other companies market their product is irrelevant

- What line of work women choose to earn a crust is irrelevant

This is about the image that Norwich City Football Club is trying to project to the community and beyond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Quite right too, these days there are plenty of plant-based alternative products. 

Apples

15 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Quite right too, these days there are plenty of plant-based alternative products. 

Apples

Step forward  Linda McCartney. Oh,  wait.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It is Tunnell who is in charge of commercials. The food chain is Webber - Kensell - Tunnell.  Tunnell would have set this up, Kensell ok'ing it, probably on the strength of what Tunnell told him - and Webber pleased that we had - apparently - got a good deal.  All three are culpable and there will probably be a lot of heated discussion as to why this got through. I presume DS and MJW will be quite clear about their disapproval too. 

Webber and Kensell are on an equal footing, SW is not his boss.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

As we have no heard a thing from the club in over 48 hours I am sorry to say this is complexity unacceptable 

I therefore have no alternative but to demand the immediate and unconditional resignation of Kensell 

🤣🤣 Based on 'not hearing anything for 48 hours!' I assume if they responded yesterday you would say that's not been thought out and an incomplete answer; how about we leave them to come up with a solution and then judge them on that! Do you answer ALL work correspondence within 48 hours?

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It is Tunnell who is in charge of commercials. The food chain is Webber - Kensell - Tunnell.  Tunnell would have set this up, Kensell ok'ing it, probably on the strength of what Tunnell told him - and Webber pleased that we had - apparently - got a good deal.  All three are culpable and there will probably be a lot of heated discussion as to why this got through. I presume DS and MJW will be quite clear about their disapproval too. 

Webber sits at the top of the tree and has to sign off on his underlings work. So Webber is ultimately responsible. Obviously, I don't want Webber to be sacked but it could happen if someone has to go. 

11 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Webber sits at the top of the tree and has to sign off on his underlings work. So Webber is ultimately responsible. Obviously, I don't want Webber to be sacked but it could happen if someone has to go. 

How do you parrot stuff that can be disproved with just a quick google?

Kensell reports to the board, as do Webber and Ward. The new structure was laid out here- https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/october/club-statement-new-senior-management-structure/

Webber heads up the footballing side of the club. His involvement in sponsors will be exceedingly limited if it exists at all. Look at the annoucements for Leo Vegas, Dafabet and now BK8- Webber not quoted, pictured or remotely visable but Steve Stone or Ben Kensell are as its their job.

21 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I'm sorry, you are wrong, see King canary; all report to the board.

23 hours ago, king canary said:

Because he's thick as mince

Edited by kirku
  • Like 1

On 09/06/2021 at 12:00, king canary said:

Kensell reports to the board, as do Webber and Ward. The new structure was laid out here- https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/october/club-statement-new-senior-management-structure/

Webber heads up the footballing side of the club. His involvement in sponsors will be exceedingly limited if it exists at all. Look at the annoucements for Leo Vegas, Dafabet and now BK8- Webber not quoted, pictured or remotely visable but Steve Stone or Ben Kensell are as its their job.

Indeed, but as other companies i would imagine it must be signed off at board level before being implemented. So any due diligence should have been carried out by Kensell and his team, with any possible issues reported to the board prior to the deal being signed.

It’s a lessons learned scenario and no one should be sacked, not to be repeated.

Edited by Indy