Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Bye Ben Kensell

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not particularly fussed about BK8 or the business being sponsored (yet again) by a gambling company. What I find a bit annoying is this insistance that we are a wholesome family club. Scratch below the service and some of the strategy clearly isn't aligned, and clearly club values aren't what some like to think they are.

Kensell is employed to make money for the club and in a rather clumsy sort of way he does this. Whether he could have done this better who knows. Ultimately responsibility lays with the Board and the owners. I'm not saying they are wrong either but would say they need to stop making themselves into something they are not.

As someone said on another thread it's all about the money. If the £5m or whatever it is helps towards Premier League survival then I'm ok with it tbh.

There are far more serious issues in the world at the moment.

Hear hear.  Some people are very selective with their outrage.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not particularly fussed about BK8 or the business being sponsored (yet again) by a gambling company. What I find a bit annoying is this insistance that we are a wholesome family club. Scratch below the service and some of the strategy clearly isn't aligned, and clearly club values aren't what some like to think they are.

Kensell is employed to make money for the club and in a rather clumsy sort of way he does this. Whether he could have done this better who knows. Ultimately responsibility lays with the Board and the owners. I'm not saying they are wrong either but would say they need to stop making themselves into something they are not.

As someone said on another thread it's all about the money. If the £5m or whatever it is helps towards Premier League survival then I'm ok with it tbh.

There are far more serious issues in the world at the moment.

Yes I would go along with this.Its been debated almost to death now,hopefully the club will make a decision and issue a statement so we can all move on.
Frankly I couldn't care less.
I wonder how many of those outraged supporters will be at Carrow Road to tell the ref he is f*****g useless or give questionable hand signals to Grealish when he falls over for the umpteenth time.

Edited by Grumpy
  • Like 1

We don't know for certain that this failure of due diligence was Kensell's responsibility, so I'd be a little cautious about hanging him out to dry until the facts are established - That said, clearly somebody has not done their job properly and questions need to be asked over why that was and over that person's future role. 

I suspect the club are currently talking to their lawyers to see if there's any way out of this contract (if BK8 misrepresented themselves in any way in negotiations, or there is a clause about either party's actions damaging the reputation of the other, then that's not beyond the realms of possibility).

But I do think Kensell - if indeed it was his ultimate responsibility to make checks on these things - has to stand up and accept that he made a mistake that is going to cost the club both in money and reputation. Whether that necessitates him being fired is another matter - but a public apology from the club and the individual responsible is an absolute must. 

This also needs to be turned into something more positive - I'd like to see the club donate £10 from each shirt sold to charities that support vulnerable women and work to end gender based violence. That would show that lessons have been learned and would go some way towards rebuilding a little of the trust that's been lost here in a way that has some meaning instead of just empty words.

• Like 4

Is this really considered too far? I get not wanting to be associated with hotdog girls but really?

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Do women walk around in European parks deep-throating foot long hot dog sausages?

Read the first two sentences again. It involves a question.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Is this really considered too far? I get not wanting to be associated with hotdog girls but really?

I think the days are over when you had a young lady advertise your product with one sole reason in mind. I have never thought cheerleaders were necessary and am quite happy seeing an adult dressed up as a Canary.

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think the days are over when you had a young lady advertise your product with one sole reason in mind. I have never thought cheerleaders were necessary and am quite happy seeing an adult dressed up as a Canary.

Perhaps on TV, unless they're advertising perfume in which case go wild and nobody will say a thing. Social media ads are different though. Companies love giving their products to young women (and men to be fair) who get their clicks as you'd expect.

According to The Athletic, this new deal is worth slightly less than the DafaBet one?! I really hope that's not the case because if we've cancelled one deal early to sign a worse one with this shower of manure then surely heads do indeed need to roll purely for the financial stupidity!

3 minutes ago, andyc24_uk said:

According to The Athletic, this new deal is worth slightly less than the DafaBet one?! I really hope that's not the case because if we've cancelled one deal early to sign a worse one with this shower of manure then surely heads do indeed need to roll purely for the financial stupidity!

The deal was coming to an end and didn't have much further to run did it? Who knows the reasons behind, could have been they will still pay in full even if we get relegated for example to give us some financial security if we do go down

Regardless of the dubious content of these sponsors’ videos, I have always thought that betting sites are an inappropriate sponsor for our football club, who, in all other aspects are a modem club

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Will these lovely young ladies be coming to carra rud to promote our new sponsor 😍😍

Scampilly clad obviously ?

Will these lovely young ladies be coming to carra rud to promote our new sponsor 😍😍

More to the point, will they be bringing the sausages.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

More to the point, will they be bringing the sausages

I think you have to bring your own........

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think you have to bring your own........

Oh dear, no shirt for me then.

• Haha 1

A quick search revealed our old “benchmark” sponsor Aviva, which as an insurer has never been involved in any impropriety or so-called “dogeyness” ever, recently apologised for its old links to the slave trade so maybe we’ve dodged a bullet everyone?

https://www.gtreview.com/news/europe/insurance-giants-apologise-over-slave-trade-ties-amid-bleak-bame-employee-stats-for-industry/

02BC82CF-85EC-416F-AA26-DE2D7A5B3C27.jpeg

Edited by The Real Buh

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Presumably the righteously outraged wokies on here have apoplexy every time the dancing troupe appear pre-match at Selhurst Park.

I would also suggest they don’t watch MTV as some of the music videos will give them the vapours.

• Like 1

Genuine question; how do The Athletic know that factually this deal is worth less than the previous and what right do any media have to be informed of the commercial value of something; not excusing the silly episode that has happened, but the media were all wrong regards an Emi sell-on clause, so what makes The Athletic correct now and why should the club reveal privileged contract information!?

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

So who wants to see Webber sacked over this? Careful what you wish for. 

Are you crazy?? I can’t think that there is a single person who wants to see Webber go after what he has achieved. The question is whether the person who negotiated the deal has messed up and if that was Kendall is it once too often?

Nobody because they're not idiots and recognise out Sporting Director won't be heavily involved in negotiating sponsorship deals.

What on earth has the Dof got to do with this? It's like sacking Kensell because we sold Emi too cheap.

18 hours ago, andyc24_uk said:

We don't know for certain that this failure of due diligence was Kensell's responsibility, so I'd be a little cautious about hanging him out to dry until the facts are established - That said, clearly somebody has not done their job properly and questions need to be asked over why that was and over that person's future role. 

I suspect the club are currently talking to their lawyers to see if there's any way out of this contract (if BK8 misrepresented themselves in any way in negotiations, or there is a clause about either party's actions damaging the reputation of the other, then that's not beyond the realms of possibility).

But I do think Kensell - if indeed it was his ultimate responsibility to make checks on these things - has to stand up and accept that he made a mistake that is going to cost the club both in money and reputation. Whether that necessitates him being fired is another matter - but a public apology from the club and the individual responsible is an absolute must. 

This also needs to be turned into something more positive - I'd like to see the club donate £10 from each shirt sold to charities that support vulnerable women and work to end gender based violence. That would show that lessons have been learned and would go some way towards rebuilding a little of the trust that's been lost here in a way that has some meaning instead of just empty words.

Good post, particularly as it looks forward. I am sure lawyers are involved, although whether they are trying to find a way out of the deal or looking for a less drastic solution I don't know. I believe there will be a board meeting today or tomorrow to discuss this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Are you crazy?? I can’t think that there is a single person who wants to see Webber go after what he has achieved. The question is whether the person who negotiated the deal has messed up and if that was Kendall is it once too often?

It is Tunnell who is in charge of commercials. The food chain is Webber - Kensell - Tunnell.  Tunnell would have set this up, Kensell ok'ing it, probably on the strength of what Tunnell told him - and Webber pleased that we had - apparently - got a good deal.  All three are culpable and there will probably be a lot of heated discussion as to why this got through. I presume DS and MJW will be quite clear about their disapproval too. 

Wasn't Delia packaged as a bit of a "Hotty at the Hob" in days gone by? Her allure lay midway between Fanny Craddock and Nigella Lawson.

To quote Ronnie Biggs...."No one is innocent"

As we have no heard a thing from the club in over 48 hours I am sorry to say this is complexity unacceptable 

I therefore have no alternative but to demand the immediate and unconditional resignation of Kensell 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

As we have no heard a thing from the club in over 48 hours I am sorry to say this is complexity unacceptable 

I therefore have no alternative but to demand the immediate and unconditional resignation of Kensell 

Oh do leave off. You know nothing about it.

Women looking good and getting paid. 

The horror. 

Good for them. Thats equality. They don't have to do it. 

The outdated morals on display around Norfolk are embarrassing

2 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Women looking good and getting paid. 

The horror. 

Good for them. Thats equality. They don't have to do it. 

The outdated morals on display around Norfolk are embarrassing

I am afraid that your comment (and similar ones by others), is exactly why this deal is wrong. Either you are sexist or an idiot. Either way... you would be well advised to keep quiet until you are better educated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1