Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Bye Ben Kensell

I'd suggest you ask Stuart Webber to draft your 'resignation' letter, in case you manage to massively f*ck that up to.

Don't worry, if Neil Doncaster can get another job then I'm sure you'll find a mug somewhere, but you aren't Premier League mate. Cheerio.

• Like 2

Just now, lake district canary said:

No need for that. If any action needs to be taken about that kind of thing, the club will deal with it.

Incompetence should go punished, somebody has to be the fall guy... and its not going to be Webber is it, so bye Ben, I want my pound of flesh. Not the first time he has completely misread the room is it, the away memberships went down like a lead balloon.

I like Ben Kensell, and for that reason I hope hotdoggate ‘blows’ over quite quickly. If we can sell Max tomorrow, that would probably just about sort it

Ah yes, it’s not a true modern social media mobbing until some poor saps career or preferably life is ruined.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Incompetence should go punished, somebody has to be the fall guy... and its not going to be Webber is it, so bye Ben, I want my pound of flesh. Not the first time he has completely misread the room is it, the away memberships went down like a lead balloon.

How about we let D & M deal with those things and by the way, should we demand SW removal for selling Emi!?

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No need for that. If any action needs to be taken about that kind of thing, the club will deal with it.

Agreed.  Do people really have that much difficulty empathising with Ben Kinsella & Co even just a little bit?  

You think he MEANT to upset people?  At worst, it's some degree of incompetence, and certainly not maleficence.  We've all made mistakes in our lives.

Please put away your pitchforks.  It will get sorted one way or another, the board will make a decision.  No need to call for people's livelihoods to be wrecked via angry mob.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orly said:

Agreed.  Do people really have that much difficulty empathising with Ben Kinsella & Co even just a little bit?  

You think he MEANT to upset people?  At worst, it's some degree of incompetence, and certainly not maleficence.  We've all made mistakes in our lives.

Please put away your pitchforks.  It will get sorted one way or another, the board will make a decision.  No need to call for people's livelihoods to be wrecked via angry mob.

Totally agree; mistakes have been made, but leave these decisions for the owners and not try and hound out staff.

13 minutes ago, MagicEmi said:

How about we let D & M deal with those things and by the way, should we demand SW removal for selling Emi!?

No, because I understand why we sold Emi. 

I don't understand why we've sacked off our sponsor and replaced them with a tinpot soft-**** operation which uses videos of girls deep throating hot dog sausages in their marketing campaigns. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Kensell should resign forthwith.
I never believed his figures for the previous sponsorship which he trumpeted as massive. In fact they were the worst in the PL even with the same sponsor.
Delia will not be happy with this debacle and heads should roll.

On the bright side wasn't it a game of hide the sausage that started a chain of events that lead to Leicester winning the Premier League? Anyone fancy a bet, I know a site.

"I want my pound of flesh"

Its not yours to take, and you have zero right to it. Self righteous 

• Like 1

Whatever way you look at this it is a pretty massive ****-up by the club, and somebody has to take responsibility somewhere along the line I expect.

Not sure there's too much point in sacking somebody over it though.

No need to resign he had to get finance in due to the stowmarket 2s deluded financial plan

if anyone should go it should be the cook 

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

"I want my pound of flesh"

Its not yours to take, and you have zero right to it. Self righteous 

I've seen your posts today Hogesar, I won't say too much about what I think of them other than that you come across as a tad bit misogynistic.

Let me know if you ever have a daughter Hogesar, then I'll ask you to look back in hindsight and tell me what you think about your club being happy with the marketing techniques adopted by this new sponsor.

I have two very young daughters, both are at 'mini kickers', and both wear Norwich shirts. Today I became a little bit ashamed of this club. I may not have the 'right' to take a pound of flesh, but I can stop the club taking pounds from me... they will be getting England shirts now instead of Norwich shirts. That bit is fully within my control. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

Kensell should resign forthwith.
I never believed his figures for the previous sponsorship which he trumpeted as massive. In fact they were the worst in the PL even with the same sponsor.
Delia will not be happy with this debacle and heads should roll.

Not believing figures doesn't make it fact and if a sponsor thinks you may get relegated the following season, surely other teams get bigger deals!

1 minute ago, MagicEmi said:

Not believing figures doesn't make it fact and if a sponsor thinks you may get relegated the following season, surely other teams get bigger deals!

But that was not what he said.

3 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

But that was not what he said.

How much do you believe the deals where worth then?

3 minutes ago, MagicEmi said:

From The Athletic today:

"The narrative is a club trying to play by financial rules, and therefore commercial opportunities such as shirt sponsor must be maximised if Norwich are to stand a chance of success. Dafabet’s arrival in the summer of 2019 was labelled a club-record deal, worth in excess of £5 million a year. The BK8 deal comes slightly under that mark but is still seen as a very good financial package due to the current economic climate and continuing coronavirus pandemic."

1 minute ago, MagicEmi said:

I cannot remember the exact figures but they were published. When I challenged him he used the amount of the whole package instead of the annual amount which was the lowest in the PL. even for teams with the same sponsor - Fulham  and one other I think it was.

It is difficult to get a detailed breakdown by the way the accounts are constructed and in any event the deal has now been terminated.What angered me was the way he trumpeted the deal which in fact was very poor.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

From The Athletic today:

"The narrative is a club trying to play by financial rules, and therefore commercial opportunities such as shirt sponsor must be maximised if Norwich are to stand a chance of success. Dafabet’s arrival in the summer of 2019 was labelled a club-record deal, worth in excess of £5 million a year. The BK8 deal comes slightly under that mark but is still seen as a very good financial package due to the current economic climate and continuing coronavirus pandemic."

Need to factor in whether Norwich fan are going to want to buy a shirt with this new sponsors logo on it. 

Think a figure of around 40,000 adult shirts a year was mooted a few years ago. At £50 a pop that is £2m for one season. 

Simon Jordan reckons that about £40 of that is profit for a club.

I know that as a father of two daughters I could now not buy that shirt.

But its OK, some posters think that somebody just giving a semi apology will fix it all and that incompetence shouldn't be punished. In my job if I made a seven figure mistake I'd be gone. 

I've met Ben several times and he's a lovely chap, so absolutely no need for this nonsense!

Unfortunately we need to go where the money is and unfortunately it is betting companies. I miss the days of local businesses supporting their clubs but as a self funding club we need the money

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

From The Athletic today:

As I have said elsewhere the Dafabet deal was the worst in the PL and not a massive deal.

Just now, AJ said:

I've met Ben several times and he's a lovely chap, so absolutely no need for this nonsense!

Unfortunately we need to go where the money is and unfortunately it is betting companies. I miss the days of local businesses supporting their clubs but as a self funding club we need the money

Two things:

1. You can be a lovely chap and out of your depth. See: Neil Adams reign as manager.

2. Who is going to buy the shirt now, are you factoring that into your money comment

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Need to factor in whether Norwich fan are going to want to buy a shirt with this new sponsors logo on it. 

Think a figure of around 40,000 adult shirts a year was mooted a few years ago. At £50 a pop that is £2m for one season. 

Simon Jordan reckons that about £40 of that is profit for a club.

I know that as a father of two daughters I could now not buy that shirt.

But its OK, some posters think that somebody just giving a semi apology will fix it all and that incompetence shouldn't be punished. In my job if I made a seven figure mistake I'd be gone. 

The club only sees a very small percentage of that profit; the vast majority goes to the kit manufacturer.

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

That does not make him competent.

24 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

No need to resign he had to get finance in due to the stowmarket 2s deluded financial plan

if anyone should go it should be the cook 

Why not **** off. Eat a frankfurter that should keep you happy.

Accountability should be a team thing. The Board should show some accountability especially bearing in mind the circumstances of the departure of Ben's predecessor which led to Ben changing his job role for which he ought to have received training or mentoring. It would be interesting to know if that happened. My belief is the Club has long standing weaknesses in admin roles. How about some constructive solutions rather than sacking?