Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Emergency canary call on Radio Norfolk

41 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Time for Paddy and co to ask the club what the ..... is going on, did they realise how much sh.t this would stir up ? Over to you Pete Raven

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-stuart-webber-aarons-buendia-cantwell-futures-7971304

Stuart Webber admits some of Norwich City’s crown jewels could leave this summer as part of the Canaries’ Premier League overhaul. 

“It might be that we sell one of the, let's say one of the more in demand players, to help fund even bigger transfers,” said Webber. “But that's us being open and honest and realistic, because we'd only sell one of them if it was right for us.

"We wouldn't sell just to build up a transfer fund, because maybe the better value is in keeping these players right now.  

“I wouldn’t say it is inevitable they go. I think it's definitely possible, though. I'm not going to sit here and say they're staying forever, because that's not right, but knowing that a player will only ever be sold on our terms.

"If anyone wants any of those guys they are going to have to break our club transfer record to even get me to answer the phone, to be honest. All three are aware of that.” 

"We also have to keep their ambitions in mind. If a big, big club comes for one of them, we have to be respectful to the player, because a big part of our success is built on giving boys opportunities, backing them, developing them and working with them. It doesn't work if when the time comes to go, if everything's right, we don't let them go. 

"Then it's not only the resentment you get from that individual player, it's also the rest of the dressing room, and potential future players.” 

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Interesting response by BK8 - maybe we do have a fair bit of clout, the PL is a pretty big deal in their part of the world.  
I do wonder how this can have a satisfactory outturn: do those opposed want us to bin them, or help reform them?  If they reform is it enough?  What is the ‘endgame’ here, to force us to back out entirely?

Ideally yes, back out of the tawdry little deal and act within the values that the club alleges to have and that makes supporting it a more worthwhile endeavour than it does supporting other clubs. If that costs us a couple of million a season then let's just pretend we sold Emi for £29 million instead of £33. It was already 7 or 8 million less than we should have got, why not make it 8 or 9?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

BK8 apologising now: 

Inevitable and required. Bet secretly they are pleased with all the free publicity though.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I suspect you have me blocked, Alex. If so, good on you. But I am quite happy to be held to account for my views, as equally robustly (and abusively) as I treat others, particularly if my views are so frankly horrific as expressed by your pal Branston. 

But you keep on cosying up to these people. I'm sure you think it's the right thing to do. For me, I just think it speaks volumes about you, rather than your snide posts speaking about me but not to me  

If you want to talk off this forum, I'd be happy to do so. You seem a nice guy otherwise.

I have most certainly not blocked you, TY. I value everyone’s input on here even if it’s not my personal cup of tea, in fact I like to see different viewpoints that make me challenge my own. I just think you’re not doing yourself any favours going round calling other posters ‘scum’ etc. But that said, I appreciate these last 2 or 3 days has got a lot of people fired up and therefore in a more angry and antagonistic mood than is usual. It’s probably as pissed off a forum as I can remember right now. But one thing I will say is that I’m not here to cozy up to anyone - for instance Jim and me generally can’t be any further apart in our viewpoints, but I do respect them as he has every right to want to see the club run etc as he sees fit, and he’s a good person to debate with without it getting personal. It’s been a long 3 days for Norwich supporters I feel - I think some good upbeat news in the coming days (Farke contract extension?) could do everyone a massive favour, and calm some frayed nerves 👍

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Ideally yes, back out of the tawdry little deal and act within the values that the club alleges to have and that makes supporting it a more worthwhile endeavour than it does supporting other clubs. If that costs us a couple of million a season then let's just pretend we sold Emi for £29 million instead of £33. It was already 7 or 8 million less than we should have got, why not make it 8 or 9?

I guess…they’ll all say the right things and hope it blows over. 

It’s interesting this ‘values’ thing - I support Norwich as they are (were) my local team but I’ve not lived there for over 30 years; I’ve had a s/t the majority of that time and couldn’t see myself ‘properly’ supporting another side.  I’m not sure if that’s to do with the values but is probably part of it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Doubt this has made any ripples overseas and I doubt any Brits are signing up.

Probably spot on.

BK8's target markets are in Asia, and their customers will have seen the new affiliation with a Premier League football but will have seen none of the fallout, and even if they have seen it, probably wouldn't care anyway.

Are BK8 even bothered about the controversy?

So Norwich have made a dodgy betting company see the error of their ways and change course. Once again Webber is a miracle worker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know what the deal is that we got with BK8? It must have been a really good sum of money to go with such a brand and so early in June. I would've thought there'd be plenty of opportunity to find a more reputable sponsor (even a more reputable betting company). Maybe they wanted to add to the 'warchest' early in the window?

The thing that I am really surprised about is the board not doing their due diligence on the soft core internet content. How the hell did that slip through the net? It doesn't take long to find. Massively embarrassing for the club and there's no one else to blame. Really we got egg all over the face in this one. 

5 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

The thing that I am really surprised about is the board not doing their due diligence on the soft core internet content.

That’s not the boards job is it ? They have people to do that job and they would have expected them to have done it properly 

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

That’s not the boards job is it ? They have people to do that job and they would have expected them to have done it properly 

Ratners... anyone remember the owners trashing the name?

13 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Does anyone know what the deal is that we got with BK8? It must have been a really good sum of money to go with such a brand and so early in June. I would've thought there'd be plenty of opportunity to find a more reputable sponsor (even a more reputable betting company). Maybe they wanted to add to the 'warchest' early in the window?

The thing that I am really surprised about is the board not doing their due diligence on the soft core internet content. How the hell did that slip through the net? It doesn't take long to find. Massively embarrassing for the club and there's no one else to blame. Really we got egg all over the face in this one. 

The previous deal with dafabet was described as "record breaking" so bk8 must be offering g a lot. I wonder if we had to pay anything to terminate the dafabet deal early or whether there was some kind of break clause (upon promotion? ).

Yes massively embarrassing and someone really messed up by not doing some basic diligence on bk8. Really surprised actually the club has been caught out on this. Webber certainly talks the talk on being focused on details

Edited by CanaryCuddles

11 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Time for Paddy and co to ask the club what the ..... is going on, did they realise how much sh.t this would stir up ? Over to you Pete Raven

Questions are being put to the club today.

2 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Questions are being put to the club today.

Question 1: “is revenue the one and only factor you look at when assessing sponsorship deals?”

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Not directly, however, it's their responsibility to oversee and steer the ship. At the end of the day, it falls to them to make sure people are in the position of overseeing these deals aren't complete nincompoops. 

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Question 1: “is revenue the one and only factor you look at when assessing sponsorship deals?”

Question 2: "did anyone at the club do a simple Google search of BK8?" 

I have just listened to the podcast from last night. I cannot believe the amount of people who are critical of Norwich for letting Emi go for a £30m profit. Not so long ago fans were proud of the fact that we were a club who has no debt and a model for all clubs in the way we operate. Not like the big boys who just spend, spend, spend. Even their fans at the announcement of the ESL criticised their clubs. Now we have sold Emi, who probably wanted to leave anyway, fans are up in arms saying we should be throwing everything at it to stay up. Short memories cos 2-3 years ago we could have gone bust. I expect this transfer record will be broken again by Ncfc in the future but we have to stick by the project. We are a self sustaining club of which many clubs are quite jealous. No debt, great academy,  great manager and great sporting director. Putting aside the BK8 shambles, which I am sure will be sorted, City are doing things the right way. We will find another superstar and may in fact already have them in the likes of Sorensen, Omabamidele etc. They will eventually move for big money but this is what we do. Buy young and cheap, develop and sell at a massive profit and yet we are still competitive. 

13 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Doubt this has made any ripples overseas and I doubt any Brits are signing up.

It's barely made any ripples outside the inner ring road. No-one outside of the Norwich fans I work with are talking about, most hadn't even heard about it. The one social media post I've seen on Facebook was posted by the Match of the Day page and pretty much every fan of other clubs posting on there don't see this as a big deal. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's barely made any ripples outside the inner ring road. No-one outside of the Norwich fans I work with are talking about, most hadn't even heard about it. The one social media post I've seen on Facebook was posted by the Match of the Day page and pretty much every fan of other clubs posting on there don't see this as a big deal. 

I would have thought this would have been all over Talksport today yet I have heard nothing on there or on Sky. Maybe its not such a big deal to some people. Did I lose sleep over it last night. Definitely not

3 minutes ago, canarycop said:

I would have thought this would have been all over Talksport today yet I have heard nothing on there or on Sky. Maybe its not such a big deal to some people. Did I lose sleep over it last night. Definitely not

Indeed. In fact the only comments I've seen from other fans are calling our fans base 'wet' and 'soft' for moaning over absolutely nothing. 

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

From what I've read on here we seem to have accepted a smaller amount by switching from Dafabet to BK8. The Dafabet deal had a year to run.

Odd.

Club said that the new one offered millions more than any other. Of course that could mean less than the last one but I highly doubt it.

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

Question 2: "did anyone at the club do a simple Google search of BK8?" 

No chance they missed the modeling stuff and I'm sure they were prepared for some backlash. I'd be surprised if they saw youtube stuff as surely they'd have had it deleted.