Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Emergency canary call on Radio Norfolk

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Humour is the shield in which so many people called out for appalling behaviour fall back on. "It's ok. I was only kidding!".

It's not a funny joke. It was a misogynistic thing to say. It's as much part of the problem as the disgusting exchange of bikini clad photos of women that happened on this very forum only a few months back, or the videos of those women humiliating themselves performing sex acts on sausages or anything of the like.

It really is quite simple. If whatever is involved would not be done if it involved a man, then it is not right. Treat everyone equally, as you would be happy to be treated.

Oh, I agree. But then if I held everyone to the same standard to which I hold myself, there wouldn't be anyone left to interact with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh right - I disagree with you so you have to insult me?  Great way to win an argument.  Nice one👍

"You're here. So does that fit?"

Don't dish it out if you can't take it, moron.

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Are we a big enough ‘thing’ for them to do that?  And would it be enough to make the anti-people ‘happy’?  That’s doubtful.

I’m a little unclear what the ‘endgame’ is - that we give up the sponsorship?  Seems a bit ott to me, but I’ve never used any of our sponsors and am unlikely to.

I do wonder at how much would be found out about a lot of these other football club sponsors , if people bothered looking.

I have no idea. But there is a clear difference between their sexually suggestive ads (going on what people have said, because I haven’t bothered to look at them) and using a p o r n star to drum up trade. You can argue that s e.x is used in many adverts, albeit less crudely than seems to be the case here. But this appears to be paying for a direct link between the company and p o r n.. I cannot see how the club can continue with that. Either the ambassador gets zapped or some way is found to scrub the contract.

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh right - I disagree with you so you have to insult me?  Great way to win an argument.  Nice one👍

Given you've been defending the club's links with this nasty little firm this evening, do you really want to choose now to start getting all sensitive?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

"You're here. So does that fit?"

Don't dish it out if you can't take it, moron.

Did you actually read what I said? Clearly not.  It was totally unwarranted to attack me just because I disagree with you, I’ve posted here for 17 years and never been involved in such a personal attack - retract it.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Time for Dehlia and Michael to step in. They own the club and this disaster is not one for a mid level manager to own. 

A statement like, the sponsor does not meet the ethical standards that our club represents and therefore we are canceling the contract with immediate effect. It will cause economic pain to us, but we must always do what is right for our Canary community. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Given you've been defending the club's links with this nasty little firm this evening, do you really want to choose now to start getting all sensitive?

I’m not sensitive at all - but personal attacks?  WTAF.  Just because I defended the club? 

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well I think that somewhere along the way, there has been at least a lack of communication with the owners along with lack of due diligence by the professional(s) responsible.  

I'm flabbergasted about what has happened today with this seedy company and really hope Delia/MJW put their foot down and put a stop to it. It's crazy.

Not sure what they can do. Will cost the club millions to pull out. We’ve probably got 50,000 new kits being delivered next week with the logo on them! 

Time for Paddy and co to ask the club what the ..... is going on, did they realise how much sh.t this would stir up ? Over to you Pete Raven

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Did you actually read what I said? Clearly not.  It was totally unwarranted to attack me just because I disagree with you, I’ve posted here for 17 years and never been involved in such a personal attack - retract it.

It’s his style, don’t let it bother you, Branston 👍

• Like 1

In a way I'm pretty impressed with the reaction to all of this. I'm possibly a cynic but I always assumed 'inclusive, family club' and 'feeling valued as a supporter' was just stuff people rattled off when things were going well or to feel superior over monybags clubs.

It's good that people get more out of supporting Norwich than I do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No.

I absolutely read your posts throughout this thread and others and am appalled by them.

You are a sexist, misogynistic person who is so stuck in your ways you can't fail to see how your encouragement of these issues makes others feel uncomfortable, unwelcome and unsafe. 

I demand an apology from you to this forum. 

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m not sensitive at all - but personal attacks?  WTAF.  Just because I defended the club? 

You defended the club's sponsorship policy. "The club" is much more than a tawdry deal with a misogynistic organisation and the protagonists of said deal.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Not sure what they can do. Will cost the club millions to pull out. We’ve probably got 50,000 new kits being delivered next week with the logo on them! 

It's a  mess, right enough.  Scandalous imo.

The whole betting thing is one thing, but this just takes it to a whole different level of debasement. 

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

In a way I'm pretty impressed with the reaction to all of this. I'm possibly a cynic but I always assumed 'inclusive, family club' and 'feeling valued as a supporter' was just stuff people rattled off when things were going well or to feel superior over monybags clubs.

It's good that people get more out of supporting Norwich than I do.

No, it isn't. I wish I could reduce my affiliation to the club to the level you have. It would be much easier to walk away.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

The "Supporters Trust" are building a bonfire and won't be appeased until the poor sods in the commercial team who didn't google BK8 properly are sacrificed to the great god Mary Whitehouse.

Out of reactions.

Would give you a 'wicker man' emoticon if I could.

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ignore him. You are about the 4th or 5th poster he’s personally insulted in the last few days. He seems incapable of civil discussion without resorting to unnecessary insults. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s his style, don’t let it bother you, Branston 👍

I’m just intrigued  - the nasty dig at me came right on the back of this comment. “Treat everyone equally, as you would be happy to be treated” comment 

And very soon after one calling everyone on this thread as ‘the board’s most repulsive people’.

Just wow.  

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'd send you a **** pic if I could. But it would make you feel quite small.

That sounds an awful lot like toxic masculinity to me.  At least wash it first, then it can be just masculinity.  However unassuming.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m just intrigued - the nasty dig at me came right on the back of this comment. “Treat everyone equally, as you would be happy to be treated” comment 

And very soon after one calling everyone on this thread as ‘the board’s most repulsive people’.

Just wow.  

Don't take it personally, Branston. You've always been a decent chap from what I've seen on here.  Just block and move on.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Orly said:

Don't take it personally, Branston. You've always been a decent chap from what I've seen on here.  Just block and move on.

Blocking isn’t my style (not that I have one!), much prefer to see the discussion however odd it might turn…

I find it hard to believe that any fan would not more than a bit embarrassed with this new sponsorship, let alone trying to defend the club.

Either we knew we were going to face backlash and didn't care (a bad look), or we didn't do enough research (i.e. 1 minute of googling) into our new sponsorship partner (also a bad look). 

Its poor whichever way you cut it. 

We all mocked Ipswich for their involvement with Ed Sheeran but I think I know which of the two I'd rather be associated with. And I ****ing hate his music too.

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m just intrigued - the nasty dig at me came right on the back of this comment. “Treat everyone equally, as you would be happy to be treated” comment 

Just wow.  

What is it you find difficult to understand, Branston?

My outrage at the continuation of the sexism and affirmation of this behaviour? You called supporters "prudish" earlier on for daring to criticise our club's involvement with this company. You challenged one poster for condemning deep throating a hot dog as against the family values this club lauds around. You criticised Radio Norfolk for their efforts trying to highlight just how wrong this is AND THEN insinuated I'm the repulsive one? 

Good god man. Wake up.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m just intrigued  - the nasty dig at me came right on the back of this comment. “Treat everyone equally, as you would be happy to be treated” comment 

Just wow.  

I know, I saw that too, BP. Ironic after, amongst others, calling Jim Smith and Hogesar both ‘Moron’ and ‘Scum’ respectively. What a cracking bloke 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I definitely think @hogesar asking for these models to provide our half time entertainment makes him repulsive.

Just keep it football? Stop Purposely antagonising people!

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I know, I saw that too, BP. Ironic after, amongst others, calling Jim Smith and Hogesar both ‘Moron’ and ‘Scum’ respectively. What a cracking bloke 👍

I suspect you have me blocked, Alex. If so, good on you. But I am quite happy to be held to account for my views, as equally robustly (and abusively) as I treat others, particularly if my views are so frankly horrific as expressed by your pal Branston. 

But you keep on cosying up to these people. I'm sure you think it's the right thing to do. For me, I just think it speaks volumes about you, rather than your snide posts speaking about me but not to me  

If you want to talk off this forum, I'd be happy to do so. You seem a nice guy otherwise.

Interesting response by BK8 - maybe we do have a fair bit of clout, the PL is a pretty big deal in their part of the world.  
I do wonder how this can have a satisfactory outturn: do those opposed want us to bin them, or help reform them?  If they reform is it enough?  What is the ‘endgame’ here, to force us to back out entirely?

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I suspect you have me blocked, Alex. If so, good on you. But I am quite happy to be held to account for my views, as equally robustly (and abusively) as I treat others, particularly if my views are so frankly horrific as expressed by your pal Branston. 

But you keep on cosying up to these people. I'm sure you think it's the right thing to do. For me, I just think it speaks volumes about you, rather than your snide posts speaking about me but not to me  

If you want to talk off this forum, I'd be happy to do so. You seem a nice guy otherwise.

I really do fail to see where I have expressed any ‘horrific’ views?  I’ve defended the club’s right to enter a business deal with another party, and queried just why that deserves a phone in. I have not commented on anything else in the “sex” area, despite you thinking otherwise - that is absolutely not my bag at all. 

Most odd.