Sign in to follow this  
Dionysus

The Bigger Picture

There have been one or two fans on here hoping that we lose against upcoming opposition. Well, if it''s what it will take to get Worthington removed, I hope we finish in 21st place. It annoys me somewhat these fans slating this view, saying how they could never wish Norwich to lose and that we''re not true supporters and that we ought to go and support Ips*** blah blah blah. Well take a step back. The odd win here and there obviously appeases the board and it appeases a lot of fickle fans. I honestly believe that Worthy is now more likely to get us relegated than promoted. This season is a write-off. I hope to see attractive passing football back at Carrow Road in the years to come and, if it means cheering on the opposition for the rest of this season, then so be it.

Safety first then Worthington out!

dion,  i too really enjoyed watching a ream passing for fun on sunday, and dominating the other team to the extent they were pegged back in their own half for long periods.   shame that team was ipswich.  time for change, and despite mumby''s vote of confidence, if we need to lose a couple of more games or so to get that change, then so be it in my book.

Although I hate too see us lose, I can see where you (and other posters) are coming from, Dionysus. As with other walks of life, sometimes you have to endure short-term pain to see long-term gain.

The thing about ''the bigger picture'' is that everyone has a different view on what that is.

To me, the biggest picture is getting this club back into the premier league. In order to achieve this we need to get promoted from this league. In order to do that we need to stay in this league this season.

If you get your hearts desire in wishing that every opponent we play beats us from here to the end of the season, hoping that that forces the board to reconsider Worthys position, then we will be relegated. Our team wiil become less appealing to prospective managers, our talented stars would leave the club, and our finances would take a massive hit - possibly a terminal one.

I suggest supporting the team until such time you are satisfied that we have survived in this league and then, by all means, give the board both barrells.

I just feel we''re at too critical a time in the season to change things up too much.

the big problem is that the board are looking at the bigger picture through the wrong end of the telescope.

I truly agree with this post, I believe that every true fan who wants "Worthy out" would agree to losing a couple of games in order for this to happen. The problem with this site is? that some people will turn this into a little girlie squabble about who is the biggest fan! Such as I have been to the outer regions of the country in the teeming rain to watch us lose 8-0 in the Simod Cup! Well done but I am truly sick to the teeth of Worthy''s signings, hard work ethic, dull tactics, excuses and most of all results. I believe that we are in no danger of going down and at the same time have no chance of going up! There are some really bad teams in this division and we will pick up points here and there and stay up! We are at present an average inconsistent side with some good, some really bad players! I believe that we are about 4 players and a manager! short of a side capable of challenging for promotion next season and if losing to Hull saturday will bring about the first of these changes, then bring it on!

Let the squabbling begin!