Uncle Fred

At least there is no need to sell anymore

With the premier league money and the Emi money there is absolutely no need to sell any more of our stars

if this does happen then it’s proof absolute that there truly is no ambition from the stowmarket 2 

I suspect many more will go and surely this will finally unite the fans against the incompetent stowmarket 2 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

With the premier league money and the Emi money there is absolutely no need to sell any more of our stars

if this does happen then it’s proof absolute that there truly is no ambition from the stowmarket 2 

I suspect many more will go and surely this will finally unite the fans against the incompetent stowmarket 2 

We didn't need to sell Emi. He wanted to leave, others may too and there's sod all we can do about it. That's the current world of football

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Did you stop to wonder why the young lad from Peterborough is so keen to join us?  Probably not. 

The biggest and best clubs in the world can't hang on to their best players if they want to leave. We never have been able to and it's now harder than ever. Just be grateful that those wonderful young players came here in the first place. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wardogz said:

We didn't need to sell Emi. He wanted to leave, others may too and there's sod all we can do about it. That's the current world of football

This is how I see it too.

8 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Yeah, it's not like he's contracted to play for NC 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Even better, means we get more cash for him if he decides he wants to leave. Tying them down to long contracts for their development is precisely why bigger deals are possible.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

As some of you will know I was a one-time Leeds season ticket holder (in 01/02). I was around for the big financial crash. Leeds fans were told, by finishing 5th the team didnt make the Champions League, which is what a lot of the borrowing was underpinned by. The banks called in their loans and Leeds needed £30m to plug the gap and hence Rio Ferdinand was sold. Job done.

Then fans were told actually the club was still £50m in debt, and therefore players like Keane, Kewell, Woodgate and Fowler were let go (often for well below their market value). Leeds pad £11m for Fowler for instance and I believe he went for £3.5m and Leeds still paid half hs wages for him to turn out for another club.

Leeds fans suffered as the team was gutted, but the magic figure of £50m in player sales was reached. Finally its over they thought. Only for them to then be told the club was £80m in debt, and the majority of the remaining saleable assets were stripped, including the sale of the training ground.

Amazingly that season (before the Champions League failure to qualify) all season ticket holders had had a vote on whether to move to a new 50,000 seater stadium, which was unanimously passed.

Leeds are a constant reminder of how not to run a football club, and though a number of them are twats, I do feel sorry for their supporters over those years.

To this day I still dont understand what went on at Leeds.

At least with out model we have stability here. What the Leeds fans would have given for some of that.

• Like 3

Personally as good as Aarons is, at least we do have a decent young player to take up the challenge in Mumba, thought he looked more than comfortable there the few times he played.

If he’s ready for the premiership is another question but we shall see.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Even better, means we get more cash for him if he decides he wants to leave. Tying them down to long contracts for their development is precisely why bigger deals are possible.

Not exactly the case though is it?

Not exactly the case though is it?

How is a club record sale not the case?

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

How is a club record sale not the case?

Because it's still under values him?

And it's too a rival?

20 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

You mean contracts don't matter? 

So explain how want away Zaha has remained at Palace? 

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Personally as good as Aarons is, at least we do have a decent young player to take up the challenge in Mumba, thought he looked more than comfortable there the few times he played.

If he’s ready for the premiership is another question but we shall see.

If you think mumba is ready for the championship, let alone the Premier league, then I have to question how closely you watch. 

• Like 2

Because it's still under values him?

And it's too a rival?

It didn't undervalue him. No-one else bid that much. Arsenal didn't match it, Atletico didn't follow it. We were hoping for a quick bidding war, but it didn't materialize, so by definition that is what the market was able and willing to pay.

As for the rival, Villa may be in the same league, but considering the big money they have behind them they're probably a defensive midfielder short of being able to make a fist of it for the European spots.

It’s going to be an interesting time.

All this anti Delia talk is in my opinion, silly.

Webber is the boss, he is the one saying yes and no.

Max will go but I do think it will be his choice. If a good offer comes along then we all know he has done his bit and the choice will be his. He may be happy to sit tight as now in the prem and we now we have a good wedge  coming in for Emi. Someone was going  to go.

Webber admitted he ‘sent DF into war with no gun’  well he now has a reasonable chunk to buy him several . If Max goes then he can buy quite a few.

For me I would happily swap Emi for some cash and buy Skippy but that’s not going to happen  but along those lines. 

1 minute ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

If you think mumba is ready for the championship, let alone the Premier league, then I have to question how closely you watch. 

Really, how do any of us know? If you thought Aarons was prior to Byram’s injury? We shall see what transpires, but certainly didn’t look out of his depth in the championship what little time he did play. My point being he’s young and looked good enough with development to take that position in time.

17 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s all about who who comes in now, Webber has to pull off some very decent signings in the next couple of months. 

Jesus christ it's the second coming or something because I actually agree with you!

When you sell a player like Emi the pressure is certainly on to make signings that significantly improve the team overall. We'll not replace Emi like for like but if we can sign 2 or 3 who strengthen our first 11 it might make us stronger overall.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Jesus christ it's the second coming or something because I actually agree with you!

When you sell a player like Emi the pressure is certainly on to make signings that significantly improve the team overall. We'll not replace Emi like for like but if we can sign 2 or 3 who strengthen our first 11 it might make us stronger overall.

It’s Sunday, a day of reflection and time to stop insults. Have a nice evening. 

41 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

So what are you going to do about it? Whinging and moaning on here will solve the sum total of Jack ****. Are you planning a protest, a march, a Delia Out campaign. 

This is not a criticism of you, but if it's something you feel this strongly about, get off your **** and do something. There hasn't been a successful campaign in this regard since the Worthy Out days. 

Either **** or get off the pot 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Absolutely and once we get over the gut wrenching sadness of seeing Emi and maybe others go, we will, I’m confident, see us build a much stronger and more competitive squad which hopefully isn’t over reliant on one or two individuals and can withstand the undoubted injuries that we will suffer.

21 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

You mean contracts don't matter? 

So explain how want away Zaha has remained at Palace? 

Because no one has actually bid for him. 

**NEWS FLASH**

We've lost another one!

Doris the tea lady has been signed by Crystal Palace. They offered her a brand new blinged up tea trolley and all the crack she could eat. 

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn6AAwXz5KbLO9yTJGhUhtIm1vXbJiJLiOBVCK1Bk9XqCtDpRnVYRF1yjq4YJBMb36WGK5nPipDkKjUEO30ft0uwLEPDhC63vFXBSTtUnA2FvAGIuiVI0lsYQ&usqp=CAE

Mother f*ckers. It's definitely the end of days.

Nice tea trolley though.

OTBC

30 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s all about who who comes in now, Webber has to pull off some very decent signings in the next couple of months. 

Yeah this is now what it comes down to. We may well use this money and create a better all round team but this has to be the best window Webber has ever had now. It’s not just the sale of one player, I could have begrudgingly accepted the sale of Aarons or Cantwell if it were to rebuild. Buendia was one of a kind, the type of player that you watch football to see and the type of player you would build your team around. The best player I’ve ever seen play for us and I’ve a feeling will ever. 

The transfer policy is decided by Webber. He literally said in a recent interview that Delia & Michael told him he could do what he wanted with the club. It's why he came here.

You can't praise Webber when he signs a player, then criticise Delia and Michael when we sell one. It's hypocrisy of the highest order. If Webber decided that Emi & Max had to stay, Delia & Michael wouldn't have vetoed it. Webber makes the decisions and in the case of those players, he's decided it's in our best long term interests to sell one or both of them to fund around 6 or 7 signings that will bolster the overall depth of the squad, which we all know is needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Contracts ensure players can't leave for free, nothing more. A player that is both unhappy and wants to leave should be no way near the starting 11. 

So contracts only work one way?

Players look for long contracts then moan when someone is interested in them and their parent club tries to hold on to them.

I am not saying this applies to Emi but it appears he wanted out.