Sign in to follow this  
NFN FC

Godfrey starts

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Grealish and players like him make it look a lot worse than it really is. Grealish is a master of a technique that guarantees he gets free kicks. He does it too much and it is embarrassing.  He just rolls a player and then goes down at the slightest touch. He makes the free kicks.  

Other players do it - It happens, but some players don't have the intelligence to know when to do it and when not to do it, but in Grealish's case, doing it too much makes him look stupid.  If he used his skill to ride tackles sometimes he might get more credit, but lacking moral fortitude he just thinks he can do it all the time. 

Emi, interestingly, seems to get fouled a lot, but that is usually genuinely because he is so quick at getting his foot to the ball before an opposition player.  Cantwell is similar to Grealish in his ability to get easy free kicks, but is better these days at staying on his feet and looks a lot better for it. 

I'm going to have to disagree. Grealish is a truly gifted flair player who will always be targeted by the opposition. That's the reason he wins so many fouls.

5 hours ago, GJP said:

I think Grealish is a joy to watch. 

Agreed. Grealish and Foden are the most watchable players England have had for a long time, I'd say. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm going to have to disagree. Grealish is a truly gifted flair player who will always be targeted by the opposition. That's the reason he wins so many fouls.

Agreed. Grealish and Foden are the most watchable players England have had for a long time, I'd say. 

Absolutely.

43 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I really like Foden, but then he doesn't fall over at the slightest touch as much as some. We had a player who just fell over rather than try to stay on his feet, but he was worse as he usually did it too late and when he had no other options, I didn't like him either.  Grealish - for me at least - has to do a lot more for me to find him impressive, he could start by staying on his feet unless genuinely fouled.

Ben White is TAA’s replacement. I would have added Ward-Prowse for his set pieces. Let’s hope Southgate isn’t planning on putting Harry Kane on corner duty again-certainly didn’t work at Euro 2016 😫

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Ben White is TAA’s replacement. I would have added Ward-Prowse for his set pieces. Let’s hope Southgate isn’t planning on putting Harry Kane on corner duty again-certainly didn’t work at Euro 2016 😫

Yes, when you've got players like Kane and DCL who will get on the end of JWP's superb deliveries I do think it is a bit strange that Southgate hasn't been able to find a space for him in the squad.