lake district canary

The players/staff must look on here with incredulity.

When we sold Ron Davies to Southampton for £55K there was uproar.

One reason was the fee was a giveaway but also that it was Southampton.

And the same applies to this transfer. We don't know the full fee but the fact that its Villa just seems wrong.

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Funny thing is it was Lakey who was making out that Arsenal wouldn’t even be the right move for Buendia at long length only a few days ago. Now he’s on here thinking posters’ reaction to this transfer is hilarious? Considering he thought Buendia should hold out for Man City et al you’d think he’d be the most disappointed of all!

And during that thread Villa weren’t even in the discussion, they were just a mark who would place a few bids and get us a better price from a top club. Nothing more than that. No one saw this move coming whatsoever.

So it’s really not hard to fathom that there is shock and massive disappointment that he’s ended up at a club which most posters considered nothing more than a pawn in the transfer proceedings only a few days ago. 

Things will settle once we start to make a few signings, but I don’t think there has been a total overreaction on here. Of course there have been some emotional / knee jerk posts (myself included), but I imagine you’d find quite a few players with similar feelings of disappointment at this current moment!

Now it’s over to Webber to put things right 👍

And he's suggested on another thread that Emi might not even start for Villa.

Blokes a troll. 

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Well they are stiffs.....

Oops just read two others similar comments and I've been outstiffed.....A rush of blood to the head.....

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

According to whom? About five posts ago, I said this:

"And, to be fair, there are plenty of posters who are generally a bit more negative in their outlook but still keep posting on here whatever without being rude to people who disagree with them. I think we all need to be mindful of geniune NCFC fans whose opinions are valid even if we disagree with them, and those who literally only ever come on here to try and wind people up (the likes of Keith Scott). There was always going to be a bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth after selling our best player for less than expected. It's what we do now that matters, and most fans are smart enough to be able to have a bit of a vent and then wait to see what happens next."

Which camp are you in, Bunny? Up for a fair discussion with fellow NCFC fans, or just here to get a rise out of people?

I’d love to have a fair discussion. My point is that I don’t get the need to label people for questioning what is obviously a highly controversial decision, whether you agree with it or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Oops just read two others similar comments and I've been outstiffed.....A rush of blood to the head.....

Well played, that man. Well played. 😄

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

They probably don't look on here, but if they did, they would find some of the threads/comments hilarious. They must have a good laugh at the doomsayer threads which are so obviously trolling.

It's a bit sad too though, that there are those who just have it in their dna to troll a football forum as soon as something happens that they think they can exploit negatively. Presumably they do it to try and infect the rest of us with their negativity.  Some people succumb to it quite readily - those that are just glass half empty people anyway and so be it, but whether you are positive or negative about the club, we can all surely see the trolling for the ridiculous childishness that it is and those that only turn up when there is something they can try to put a bad slant on about the club.

The more rational amongst us can see the bigger picture, that losing Emi, although a blow, is a temporary blow - we'll move on, as we did after Maddison went and after Godfrey went and after Lewis went, each time upgrading the team to a better quality.  That is the truth of it and the players know that - its just a pity that the forum looks like a troll's playground at times like this and makes for embarrassing reading for anyone looking in.

Don’t forget the delusion you put on here 

1 minute ago, The Bunny said:

I’d love to have a fair discussion. My point is that I don’t get the need to label people for questioning what is obviously a highly controversial decision, whether you agree with it or not.

Great. Fair discussion it is, then 👍

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

And he's suggested on another thread that Emi might not even start for Villa.

Blokes a troll. 

Don't be ridiculous.....and that is not what I said  - I was just saying there is a chance he might not be in the team every week, which is quite possible.

Edited by lake district canary

Webber has 1000x the football knowledge and transfer expertise than anyone on this forum who's spent the last 24 hours sulking like a spoilt child. Ill hedge my bets on his side.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't be ridiculous. There is a chance he might not be in the team every week.

Yes most clubs break their transfer records for bench warmers.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Webber has 1000x the football knowledge and transfer expertise than anyone on this forum who's spent the last 24 hours sulking like a spoilt child. Ill hedge my bets on his side.

Close the forum.

No opinions allowed.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Yes most clubs break their transfer records for bench warmers.

Seems my words easily get twisted on here by some. I never said he would be a bench warmer, just that he might not be in the team every week, which is quite possible, given the quality Villa are getting now.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Seems my words easily get twisted on here by some. I never said he would be a bench warmer, just that he might not be in the team every week, which is quite possible, given the quality Villa are getting now.

There’s a chance anyone won’t be in any team, what’s your point? If he’s fit, not suspended and isn’t going through some incredible dip in form he’ll be on the pitch. No club breaks their transfer record for someone who, barring the above, isn’t a nailed on starter.

The more rational amongst us...

Sorry, but I laughed out loud at that point.

I think the players and staff have better things to do than listen to self-appointed 'bigger picture' experts.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

There was always going to be a bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth after selling our best player for less than expected. 

100% agree Wolfy. The vast majority of 'negative' (for want of a better word) Emi posts have simply been that - fans being upset/sad that he's gone. That appears to be a step too far for some; I swear some of you must have had an empathy bypass.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 1

They probably don't look on here, but if they did, they would find some of the threads/comments hilarious. They must have a good laugh at the doomsayer threads which are so obviously trolling.

It's a bit sad too though, that there are those who just have it in their dna to troll a football forum as soon as something happens that they think they can exploit negatively. Presumably they do it to try and infect the rest of us with their negativity.  Some people succumb to it quite readily - those that are just glass half empty people anyway and so be it, but whether you are positive or negative about the club, we can all surely see the trolling for the ridiculous childishness that it is and those that only turn up when there is something they can try to put a bad slant on about the club.

The more rational amongst us can see the bigger picture, that losing Emi, although a blow, is a temporary blow - we'll move on, as we did after Maddison went and after Godfrey went and after Lewis went, each time upgrading the team to a better quality.  That is the truth of it and the players know that - its just a pity that the forum looks like a troll's playground at times like this and makes for embarrassing reading for anyone looking in.

The irony of your post takes the biscuit. 

52 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Close the forum.

No opinions allowed.

Nah of course they're allowed.

Its just that some opinions are wrong.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Nah of course they're allowed.

Its just that some opinions are wrong.

Like Stuart Webber's asessment of 

Ralf Farhmann

Ibrahim Amadou

Patrick Roberts

Josip Drmic

And Duda?

Or that not fit your narrative?

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Ralf Farhmann

Ibrahim Amadou

Patrick Roberts

Josip Drmic

And Duda?

Do you want to compare lists? Its going to make you look pretty fuxking stupid so do your best to think before you answer.

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I have always been staggered that Keith Scott in particular has continued access on here. How has he never been banned when it’s obvious his sole purpose on here is to be antagonistic? 

There’s always the block option. I’ve used it for Keith and his mate “Big” Vince (who fortunately seems to have given up, since I haven’t seen anyone replying to him for a while). 

Dishonourable mention to Highland Canary too, who stopped posting for almost 6 months when we were winning things, but popped up as soon as Emi was allegedly sold.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

There’s always the block option. I’ve used it for Keith and his mate “Big” Vince (who fortunately seems to have given up, since I haven’t seen anyone replying to him for a while). 

Dishonourable mention to Highland Canary too, who stopped posting for almost 6 months when we were winning things, but popped up as soon as Emi was allegedly sold.

The best bit about the past 24 hours is the amount of negative whingers on here who unknowingly spent the weekend agreeing with an Ipswich fan trolling the forum; and they wonder why they get a hard time on here sometimes?!

• Like 1

Oh no, the thought police our out in force and no one can have an opinion on the running and decisions of our club until it’s all played out and we have hindsight because anything else is just blind pessimistic drivel. As annoying as these opinions are to certain posters, some are equally annoyed at the inability of some to see why the last few days have been a real low point and hold a unease at the likelihood of creating a better side with £15m without Emi than with.

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Ralf Farhmann

Ibrahim Amadou

Patrick Roberts

Josip Drmic

And Duda?

Ralf Fafhman - Fiine goalkeeper who couldn't displace a brilliant Krull.

Amadou- Won MOM against Man City, but always played out of position due to our depleted squad (Loaned not bought)

Roberts- Hyped by the football world but proved a flop

Drmic- Free transfer now banging in goals in Europe.

Duda- great start but seemed to lose interest (Loaned not bought)

Frankly, if that's all you can come up with it shows Webber has had very few failures. If you can find me any PL team that hasn't brought in players who ultimately failed to shine I will wear an ITFC shirt for a day.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Do you want to compare lists? Its going to make you look pretty fuxking stupid so do your best to think before you answer.

"Nah of course they're allowed.

Its just that some opinions are wrong."

Was SW's opinion of those players wrong?

Just answer that Q without a clever answer.

7 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Oh no, the thought police our out in force and no one can have an opinion on the running and decisions of our club until it’s all played out and we have hindsight because anything else is just blind pessimistic drivel. As annoying as these opinions are to certain posters, some are equally annoyed at the inability of some to see why the last few days have been a real low point and hold a unease at the likelihood of creating a better side with £15m without Emi than with.

Plenty of people are more than happy to have reasonable discussions about the club. With posts like that you're just feeding this binary narrative. Let's talk football: where does your £15m figure come from? What's that based on?

Edited by Feedthewolf

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Plenty of people are more than happy to have reasonable discussions about the club. With posts like that you're just feeding this binary narrative. Let's talk football: where does your £15m figure come from? What's that based on?

Connors article just up on pink in site says 15m of the transfer will go into the transfer pot. I can’t tell you it’s fact but would assume he knows a bit better than most posters here and history tells us this is the Norwich norm so tend to accept it at face value. I actually sit in a grey area between the two camps but get annoyed when people refuse to even listen to each other and want to sensor any opinion not held by themselves.. wrong place to be I guess

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Connors article just up on pink in site says 15m of the transfer will go into the transfer pot. I can’t tell you it’s fact but would assume he knows a bit better than most posters here and history tells us this is the Norwich norm so tend to accept it at face value. I actually sit in a grey area between the two camps but get annoyed when people refuse to even listen to each other and want to sensor any opinion not held by themselves.. wrong place to be I guess

Thanks, hadn't seen Connor's article.

It's not the wrong place to be if you can stay relaxed and remember we're all Norwich fans. There are plenty of folk on here who are happy to have fair discussions and agree to differ. I used to get really abusive to people on here, but life's too short isn't it. Hang around, and just focus on people who are up for reasonable discussion.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Ralf Fafhman - Fiine goalkeeper who couldn't displace a brilliant Krull.

Amadou- Won MOM against Man City, but always played out of position due to our depleted squad (Loaned not bought)

Roberts- Hyped by the football world but proved a flop

Drmic- Free transfer now banging in goals in Europe.

Duda- great start but seemed to lose interest (Loaned not bought)

Frankly, if that's all you can come up with it shows Webber has had very few failures. If you can find me any PL team that hasn't brought in players who ultimately failed to shine I will wear an ITFC shirt for a day.

Lets be right that's the whole of our years recruitment.

Farhmann the fine GK hasn't played a professional game since, Amadou is playing at Angers, Drmic has banged 6 goals in, in Croatia, Duda had one good game and Roberts is struggling to get into Derby's team.

SW Webber's done some fantastic things, for sure.

But to hide behind (not you btw) "Webber has 1000x the football knowledge and transfer expertise than anyone on this forum who's spent the last 24 hours sulking like a spoilt child. Ill hedge my bets on his side." and that he's not open to criticism is ridiculous.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Could be wrong but I think what he means is that our entire transfer budget was rumoured to be just 15m and we just added more than double that amount to the warchest by selling Emi. I.e 45m total. Its just worded very badly.