3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I think its just to show the humanity of the situation and not a scale of importance. 

Showing that a partner's / children's lives have been affected, or not as has happened tonight, thank fully.  

Fair enough. I think the notion of a life being saved makes the gravity clear on its own.

• Like 1

I found this reaction by Dan Walker very impressive about the actions of the Danish players:

A lot of people unhappy about the BBC continuing to broadcast whilst medical treatment was undertaken. From a professional perspective (as a paramedic) I found I couldn’t help but watch (mostly in shock) as everything unfolded.

However, with hindsight it does seem quite incredible that they carried on showing what was happening when normally they would at least cut away from the actual incident to scenes of the other players or fans. They’re quick enough to cut away when a fan comes onto the pitch (fully-clothed or not) so it really is bizarre that they didn’t take the same approach here. 

As for what actually happened.. wow. Just goes to show that football really is just a game and it was wonderful to see the fans, players and staff all coming together when it really mattered. 
Hopefully Eriksen recovers fully from this..the initial announcements are certainly encouraging 

• Like 2

The BBC were using the host stream so aren’t in control of the camera angles/shots being used, but when the host stream was showing Eriksen receiving CPR/his distraught wife on the sidelines I don’t understand why the BBC didn’t just cut back to the studio. 

4 minutes ago, York Canary said:

A lot of people unhappy about the BBC continuing to broadcast whilst medical treatment was undertaken. From a professional perspective (as a paramedic) I found I couldn’t help but watch (mostly in shock) as everything unfolded.

However, with hindsight it does seem quite incredible that they carried on showing what was happening when normally they would at least cut away from the actual incident to scenes of the other players or fans. They’re quick enough to cut away when a fan comes onto the pitch (fully-clothed or not) so it really is bizarre that they didn’t take the same approach here. 

As for what actually happened.. wow. Just goes to show that football really is just a game and it was wonderful to see the fans, players and staff all coming together when it really mattered. 
Hopefully Eriksen recovers fully from this..the initial announcements are certainly encouraging 

Agree with you completely.

Yet, arguably the fact that press coverage continued meant that fans, players and staff COULD come together to show the togetherness you've mentioned. It's a weird irony really.

A difficult watch and for commentators too. Fair play to Linekar, Scott, Fabregas and Richards too. They got it right.

Was expecting to feel wowed by Belgium.

This might be because of the mediocre opposition from the Russians and Belgium not needing to get out of second gear - but I'm not impressed. Think there's been a couple of times they've been exposed. 

2 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Was expecting to feel wowed by Belgium.

This might be because of the mediocre opposition from the Russians and Belgium not needing to get out of second gear - but I'm not impressed. Think there's been a couple of times they've been exposed. 

Don't think they're as good as they were, their big players are getting on a bit now and I'm not sure the next generation is coming through for them. 

Can't say I've been overhyped like I normally am pre tournament, but it's finally hit me today, I'm absolutely buzzing for this now. 

Come on England!!! IT'S COMING HOME 😂

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Can't say I've been overhyped like I normally am pre tournament, but it's finally hit me today, I'm absolutely buzzing for this now. 

Come on England!!! IT'S COMING HOME 😂

not with that line up we are not...out of form sterling over jack grealish, walker over james. And playing a right back at left back when you have two decent left backs who are in form is utter stupidity.

• Like 1

Please can we have a new national anthem, something a bit more rousing like Jerusalem.....

• Like 1

Disgusting scenes at the taking of the knee. Ashamed of some English fans. YOU are part of the problem

Edited by Fiery Zac

8 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Disgusting scenes at the taking of the knee. Ashamed of some English fans. YOU are part of the problem

People like that are the main problem. Thick plankton brained non-entities taking their prejudice and ignorance to wherever they go and in the process ruining it fir others. Spoils any feel good factor there might be towards the England football team and its supporters. It almost makes you ashamed to be English. 

The bright start has faded and it's all a little dull now. Need to do more to get Foden and Sterling into the game.

That’s at least 4 useless (and that’s being kind) passes from Southgates mate at right back.

Good start fading a little. Foden and Mount excellent. Solid from Philips and Rice.

Croatia are really poor.

Good example there of why Sterling starts- nobody else has that burst of pace apart from maybe Rashford, you need that at times.

Good first 15-20 mins.

Croatia's kit is very nice.

That's about it so far.

Good 1st half of the 1st half, need to get Kane more involved, and Walker as one of the more experienced players needs to sort himself out quick.