How do you expect England to do in the euros?

Overall top goalscorer guess?

Winners of tournament guess?

I'll go with Ronaldo top scorer

France winners.

Just thought I'd do something which isn't negative or Buendia related 😆

I’m not so sure England will make the semis - win the group and we play whoever is second in the group with France/Portugal/Germany in it; finish second and we play the top side in the Quarters.  Tough old draw.

• Like 1

Great stuff Wardy

Not sure about England.

I'll go for..

Winners - Italy

Golden Boot - Immobile

I'll put a couple of quid on this for PUPs and them on Kathy's Euro thread.

• Thanks 1

England - quarters

Winners - Germany

Top scorer - Werner

No clue really. Euros are less predictable and anything could happen. 

England - quarter-finals

Winners - France

Top scorer: Mbappe

Finland won't get out of their group, Poland could be dark horses.

England - Quarters 

Boot - Lewandowski

Winners - Germany

On 06/06/2021 at 11:03, Branston Pickle said:

I’m not so sure England will make the semis - win the group and we play whoever is second in the group with France/Portugal/Germany in it; finish second and we play the top side in the Quarters.  Tough old draw.

Just let ole Scotland win and take your chances with 3rd place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AJ said:

England - Quarters 

Boot - Lewandowski

Winners - Germany

I'd love Lewa to win the boot but on current form Poland will struggle to get out of their group. 

I think France will win it but Germany and Italy are good bets. 

As for England, I dread to think, especially the Scotland game. I'd take a draw in that game now. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

46 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'd love Lewa to win the boot but on current form Poland will struggle to get out of their group. 

I think France will win it but Germany and Italy are good bets. 

As for England, I dread to think, especially the Scotland game. I'd take a draw in that game now. 

I'd love Lewa to win it too, he's had such an impressive season and is in good form, no reason he still couldn't win it if he manages to get Poland out of the group stage. Some big teams will fail to get through, so people like Mbappe or Ronaldo might not get the chance to go deeper into the tournament either. 

England it is hard to tell at the moment as we haven't really seen the first XI play together yet. I think its one of those if we can get out of the group stage, like last time, the momentum might help us pick up form. Or it could end in disaster. I'm really not sure what England side are going to turn up if I'm honest!

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I'd love Lewa to win it too, he's had such an impressive season and is in good form, no reason he still couldn't win it if he manages to get Poland out of the group stage. Some big teams will fail to get through, so people like Mbappe or Ronaldo might not get the chance to go deeper into the tournament either. 

England it is hard to tell at the moment as we haven't really seen the first XI play together yet. I think its one of those if we can get out of the group stage, like last time, the momentum might help us pick up form. Or it could end in disaster. I'm really not sure what England side are going to turn up if I'm honest!

Kacper Kozlowski is the one to watch for Poland. He's only 17 but is already attracting interest from Europe's top clubs. 

England - QF’s

Top Gs - Lukaku

Winners - Belgium

Dark horses - Italy

Think this will finally be Belgium’s year. Would love my team Italy to do it but for the younger generation it might be a step to far. That said they have an exciting crop of players which have gone under the radar being priced at 10/1. Barella, Bastoni, Locatelli, Pellegrini and Berardi are not quite the big names from years gone by but have a good team ethic. Expect Sassuolo pairing of Berardi and Locatelli to get big moves this Summer

• Like 1

Might be better off finishing 2nd tbh. Win our group and we face France, Germany or Portugal. It would be Wembley but too early in the competition to face quality like that.

2 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

England - QF’s

Top Gs - Lukaku

Winners - Belgium

Dark horses - Italy

Think this will finally be Belgium’s year. Would love my team Italy to do it but for the younger generation it might be a step to far. That said they have an exciting crop of players which have gone under the radar being priced at 10/1. Barella, Bastoni, Locatelli, Pellegrini and Berardi are not quite the big names from years gone by but have a good team ethic. Expect Sassuolo pairing of Berardi and Locatelli to get big moves this Summer

I agree about Italy being dark horses. Everyone's saying that this squad isn't as strong as they've been in the past, and whilst that is the case, I think they've been a little underestimated and have gone under the radar somewhat. I fancy Barella and Chiesa to make an impact; the former has been the best central midfielder in the Serie A for the last couple of years and the latter is due to make a proper breakthrough on the European stage. I've seen a lot of Sassuolo this season and I do really like Berardi in particular, but I get the impression that he's better suited to being a big fish in a small pond.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I agree about Italy being dark horses. Everyone's saying that this squad isn't as strong as they've been in the past, and whilst that is the case, I think they've been a little underestimated and have gone under the radar somewhat. I fancy Barella and Chiesa to make an impact; the former has been the best central midfielder in the Serie A for the last couple of years and the latter is due to make a proper breakthrough on the European stage. I've seen a lot of Sassuolo this season and I do really like Berardi in particular, but I get the impression that he's better suited to being a big fish in a small pond.

Barella and Berardi are different class and have been for a few seasons now. Just hope they get given the chance to shine and perform to their potential 

This is all without the new golden boy Zaniolo of Roma included either. Had a horrific 16 months with two serious knee injuries so hopefully with a pre-season under his belt he can perform to the standards that dubbed him ‘the new Totti’. A big fan of Bernadeschi as well although he hasn’t had a chance to shine at Juve. Maybe under Allegri he might get more opportunities. Plus Insigne is a key player that will make them tick with Veratti dictating.  A lot of people still overlook them as potential winners due to failure to qualify for the WC but  they have a stronger squad than many make think. Maybe in part due to Serie A not being as strong as it once was. 

Edited by Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People

Just now, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

This is all without the new golden boy Zaniolo of Roma included either. Had a horrific 16 months with two serious knee injuries so hopefully with a pre-season under his belt he can perform to the standards that dubbed him ‘the new Totti’. A big fan of Bernadeschi as well although he hasn’t had a chance to shine at Juve. Maybe under Allegri he might get more opportunities. Plus Insigne is a key player that will make them tick with Veratti dictating.  A lot of people still overlook them as potential winners due to failure to qualify for the WC bit have a stronger squad than many make think. Maybe in part due to Serie A not being as strong as it once was. 

Gonna have to disagree about Bernardeschi; he's been very poor for the last couple of seasons and I have no idea how he has justified his place in the squad. The general feeling amongst the majority in Italy is that Politano should've taken his seat on the plane. 

It's a real shame about Zaniolo though, as he would undoubtedly have been a key player in this side. But his time will come, provided the injuries haven't don't him too much long term damage.

Yeah can 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Gonna have to disagree about Bernardeschi; he's been very poor for the last couple of seasons and I have no idea how he has justified his place in the squad. The general feeling amongst the majority in Italy is that Politano should've taken his seat on the plane. 

It's a real shame about Zaniolo though, as he would undoubtedly have been a key player in this side. But his time will come, provided the injuries haven't don't him too much long term damage.

Yeah can see why some have that opinion of him. I feel he has never had an extended run in the team at club level. He definitely has potential and could see him flourish bit maybe he needs a   Atalanta where they are an expressive attacking side. Feel his conversion rate is a lot better than Chiesa’s. Especially at International level. 

Yeah Zaniolo has been very unfortunate. Came back from his first knee injury only to do his other knee. He’s young so can hopefully heal better

3 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Yeah can 

Yeah can see why some have that opinion of him. I feel he has never had an extended run in the team at club level. He definitely has potential and could see him flourish bit maybe he needs a   Atalanta where they are an expressive attacking side. Feel his conversion rate is a lot better than Chiesa’s. Especially at International level. 

For Italy, fair enough, but Chiesa contributed nine goals and nine assists in Serie A this season, which is considerably more than Bernardeschi has made in the last three seasons combined (three goals, seven assists since 2018). There's a reason why Chiesa was a regular starter for Juve this season and Bernardeschi struggled for game time.

Turkey Italy tonight. Which Italy will turn up. I'm sure Ronaldo has been reminding them how to play tight and try and get and defend a slender lead.

I wouldn’t be too surprised or bothered if we don’t get out of the group, we’ll go out in the next game anyway.