Sign in to follow this  
CanaryLegend

Morale of The Squad After Fire Sale

1 minute ago, keefyboy said:

At least 40m wait for the stick. I wouldn't have picked the phone up for less than 70m. World class player under contact - good chance to keep us up - more premier league tv money by staying up next season, now he will only go up in value and villa will sell him for 70+ in two or three if they progress - missed opportunity 

And if they do sell him for £70m plus, that's probably triggered all our add-ons and will also trigger the sell-on clause. In other words, it rewards us even after we sold him, provided he maintains his progress.

Put it this way, York were delighted when we sold Godfrey as they had a 10% sell-on clause in there. At their level, £2.5m pretty much keeps the club going for the year. For us, £7m is close to our record signing even now.

My 70m is based on Grealish being 100m surely not more that 30m between them in quality both potentially world class

3 minutes ago, keefyboy said:

My 70m is based on Grealish being 100m surely not more that 30m between them in quality both potentially world class

Misses a few things out - Grealish is a home-grown player in a post-Brexit market and we have fairly tight home-grown limits and at the moment is more proven in the Premier League than Buendia is.

If you're talking potential, I probably agree, but that home-grown aspect is a massive difference.

13 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

What’s lame is our fan base being so wet that some are actually trying to defend this sale...

What’s lame is the level of trolling from some posters at the moment. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

How much do you think he was worth?

If (as is likely) he was agitating for a move, then the deal we got is okay in the post-Covid climate.

Look at the stats he racked up last time he was in the PL, and how ridiculously good he was this season, and I don't think £40m is unrealistic.

Given that I'm not wetting my knickers over the £33m + add-ons deal, reportedly making it worth up to £38m overall - which is close to £40m, it's clearly close to what I expected for him.

It's a crap move club-wise, but no-one else offered an acceptable deal and we need/want the money.