Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Our project and the Villa project

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes I do. They change the story every time they are asked. The Times interview was a window to the truth. The only time I believe they have genuinely been open to it was many years ago when they asked that London based guy to look for investors but even then I bet the criteria was pretty tight. 

I think you're confusing Delia with Boris Johnson.

5 hours ago, king canary said:

The whole who is bigger is a red herring. Emi doesn't care that the club he's signing for wpn a few cups in the 70's and 80's. Its about what the respective clubs can offer him now. Personally I don't think the lure of working with Dean Smith at a club that finished 11th last season and 17th the season before is all that but what they clearly can offer him is ambition and money. Two things sorely lacking here.

Of course they can offer him more money.

More ambition? I think Webber and Farke are ambitious people. Villa are a bigger club with more money with obviously a better chance of staying up as they spent 120m last season to scrape it and are going to spend big again.

I dont think spending money necessarily equates to ambition.

14 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Let's not forget their "project" (aka letting a billionaire throw money at them) is only alive because some incompetent didn't turn on the goal line technology. 

This is such a silly argument. Had that incident happened in the first game of the season, nobody would make such ridiculous claims. You stay up due to your performance over the course of a whole season. You could look at any team and pick out examples where results were impacted by good and bad luck.

3 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

This is such a silly argument. Had that incident happened in the first game of the season, nobody would make such ridiculous claims. You stay up due to your performance over the course of a whole season. You could look at any team and pick out examples where results were impacted by good and bad luck.

Do **** off. 

• Haha 1