Sign in to follow this  
Adsvilla

Villa Fan in Peace

1 minute ago, corbs said:

Lambert went to Villa. Their fans sang his name as we beat em. The only rational thought I have at this moment is that it is decades overdue for the 2nd City to have a top 5 team. Somehow I doubt they will be and I’ll enjoy beatin em next season. Villa is simply not a step up, as Leicester wasn’t for Eadie. 

Whether people like it or not, Villa are a much bigger club than us, with bags full of cash. 

1 hour ago, Adsvilla said:

The past: im still waffling, and showing my age, but I remember when Norwich sold Kevin Reeves, after he played for England,  to Man City for a whopping 1 million or more back at the start of the 80s. At the time, it went down like a lead balloon with my school pals....but it did pave the way for the river end stand (my former hairdresser once informed me). That 1 million transfer back then embittered fans, but was a stadium game changer to Norwich at that time....and in the long run.

This is post-Reeves but under Chase, when we were in the top flight, it was possible to make up a genuine eleven (from goalkeeper to striker) of players he had sold for what we then vast amounts (millions etc) to clubs in either the English or Scottish (such as Chris Woods) premier leagues.

Like it or not there is a food chain in football, and we are towards the top of it but only towards the top. So players go further up, while we get players from a bit below, such, apparently, as Flynn Clarke. What promoted club then sells a talisman or their great hope for the future upon promotion, I have seen it asked, derisively. Well, not just us is the answer.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

This is post-Reeves but under Chase, when we were in the top flight, it was possible to make up a genuine eleven (from goalkeeper to striker) of players he had sold for what we then vast amounts (millions etc) to clubs in either the English or Scottish (such as Chris Woods) premier leagues.

Like it or not there is a food chain in football, and we are towards the top of it but only towards the top. So players go further up, while we get players from a bit below, such, apparently, as Flynn Clarke. What promoted club then sells a talisman or their great hope for the future upon promotion, I have seen it asked, derisively. Well, not just us is the answer.

Leicester sold Kante when they won the title!

Good post. Articulate and informed. Thank you for being interested in our club. I am unsure whether Emi has achieved a move that reflects his talent and also think that it is little more than a sideway transfer. Villa are bigger than us but are not top 6. Maybe Emi isn't either.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To be fair you've shown up a lot of posters on here by posting articulately with balance and thought.

Please understand the reaction from most of the fans on here is only negative because we are understandably gutted to be losing Emi. Probably the most naturally gifted footballer I've ever watch play for us.

100 percent spot on , nice guy , but as you say , our best player ever.

• Like 1

I suspect Villa hit the magic number first with the offer made and we wanted the deal done quick. I too am surprised he didn't go to a higher placed club but have nothing against villa, so good luck to him.

However, they have bagged an absolute bargain.

Of that, be in no doubt villa fans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

B0ll0cks to balance and thought . Not interested in either . And you most certainly don’t need to be apologising for me . Football is an irrational pastime . If you want sensible go the the ballet or church . Villa can do one . So can Argentina . And Steve Smith - sandpapering tw4t. 

Church. Sensible. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

To be fair you've shown up a lot of posters on here by posting articulately with balance and thought.

Please understand the reaction from most of the fans on here is only negative because we are understandably gutted to be losing Emi. Probably the most naturally gifted footballer I've ever watch play for us.

The Self appointed Norwich PR man has spoken, we can all go to bed happy. You really haven’t been supporting this club for long have you? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

Is it me or is Jack Grealish one of the most overrated footballers of the last decade? 

it would not surprise me at all if he ends up playing for Walsall in a few years time after flopping after his ‘big move’ 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Is it me or is Jack Grealish one of the most overrated footballers of the last decade? 

it would not surprise me at all if he ends up playing for Walsall in a few years time after flopping after his ‘big move’ 

No he is definitely a quality player, but let's himself down by diving about too much ,and generally being a ****. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think it's just those who dislike him as a person and allow it to cloud their judgement.

Indeed. He's a drink driving, hit and running braindead, coke snorting moron. That much is true.

But is he also a very talented, popular, well liked player who is destined for great things? This is also true

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

People will cry at the original post, acting like a family member has died. We move on. 

Exactly this!

I couldn’t care less about the timing of this post, I just want to make my point.

The fact that many of you are less concerned about the fee rather than the destination speaks volumes about your mentality.

You would have rather sold him to a club that are a part of an American led group of greedy bastards that tried to ruin the game by starting a members only club?

Whose owner is an advocate of big game hunting?

A club who sacked loyal staff due to ‘covid cost cutting’ while signing Willian on a bumper pay packet?

Why? Because you want to maintain a status quo of the ‘big 6’? 

If we ever sold Grealish, I would 100% be delighted if he went to a club that wasn’t a part of that disgusting plan that would have crippled your, and our, club.

So yeah, if BURNLEY managed to sign Jack Grealish ahead of Man Utd or Man City, I’d absolutely be like ‘fair play BURNLEY!’

Why anyone would want the ‘big 6’ to continue with their monopoly is beyond me.

Hand on my heart, I would rather Norwich qualify for Europe than Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City. I certainly would not be crying about it like some of you clearly would if we managed to do it.

Also it seems that many of you don’t even understand how the transfer market works.  Arsenal had no intention of meeting your valuation, if they did, they still could. But they won’t.  They would’ve offered £20m.  And waited, unsettled the player knowing full well he’d want to move to only them and kick up a stink.  Then they’d have said we’ll give you £5m a year for the next 5 years. Stop acting like your CEO is stupid.  He obviously went back to Arsenal and said ‘Villa are offering this much..’ and they said ‘we can’t afford it’.

Count yourselves blessed that a club that knows how to do business came in, met your valuation, and got the job done.  You now have a whole summer to spend your money, knowing what to spend it on.  Arsenal would’ve messed you around over £5m until the very last day while they were trying to do other deals, and left you up **** creek.

He was going to leave regardless.  Why you so bitter about where he went??

Goodbye and good luck. And **** the ‘big 6’

Edited by AstonVilla
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Adsvilla said:

Villa fan in peace. Im a long time admirer of Norwich's brand of football. Win, lose or draw...Norwich have an entertaining passing style that I've admired for as long as i can remember. 

Norwich' model: This may divide opinion, and im no expert on it ... but I admire the scouting system and the business model SW et al runs at Norwich. Always rated him at Huddersfield.  By bringing in players like buendia for 1 to 2 million...developing the player, entertaining the fans, winning promotion and a then receiving a richly deserved profit...if they decide to sell...Norwich are proving again and again that they have a formula that works financially for the club. Yes, football is about winning. But its about winning long term realistic battles.  I don't tune into motd to see man citeh win again. It's to see Norwich or Southampton or burnley show that it can be done, all whilst reinvesting and keeping their clubs on a firm financial footing....and winning the hearts and minds of average folk like me.  This is far more difficult, imho, than the gung ho cash lobbing path some clubs have trodden before. I, for one, have seen how, in the wrong hands, clubs like Villa, can face major uncertainty with inept owners and rash buys. 

Buendia:  from what I've seen, in the current money mad market, buendia is worth much more than the 40 million ive seen quoted. He has a lot to his game. His runs into the pockets, his flicks, his intelligence off the ball...it's a rare gift these days. I cant understand why other teams aren't queuing up for him. If he had played for Argentina v Chile the other night, the sum would be different. With some of the dross that is being sold for bananas money these days....Buendia looks like a transfer of the summer for me. I'm not assuming villa will get Buendia. Far from it.  I'm a realist...and he could, and should have his pick of the teams. However, money talks...and I'm sure Norwich will take the best deal for the club. The days of having to sell Eadie to Leicester for 3.5 million  are thankfully long gone for Norwich.

The future: I'd be happy to see Norwich challenging in the upper echelons of the Premier league. But realistically, as with Villa, it's a long way off. It could be worse, and we could go the way of citeh, and lose the real identity and souls of our clubs.

The past: im still waffling, and showing my age, but I remember when Norwich sold Kevin Reeves, after he played for England,  to Man City for a whopping 1 million or more back at the start of the 80s. At the time, it went down like a lead balloon with my school pals....but it did pave the way for the river end stand (my former hairdresser once informed me). That 1 million transfer back then embittered fans, but was a stadium game changer to Norwich at that time....and in the long run.

I remember Villa paid a similar combined sum for Withe, Morley and Bremner around that time...albeit not marquee signings then..but they proved to be key members of the league and European Cup winning side in the following 18 months. 

So i guess the point I'm making is, its about the bigger financial picture. (Trying not to sound condescending). Norwich will use the money they receive for Buendia wisely... bringing in some prospects...maybe some free agents on bigger salaries....whilst building even more financial stability in uncertain times. Let's not forget, there are still some fine players at the club. I'm sure I'll be reading once again how a lump of Spanish/Argentine coal has once again been turned into a Norwich diamond. 
Whatever the outcome on the buendia or even grealish transfer situation,  Good luck next season, and in the future. 

Buendia would have been better off under Bielsa but then again Leeds obviously weren't looking at him. Villa has turned from a one man team to a two man team (as results proved when Grealish was out). 

Unsure why Norwich didn't want to keep him as he is a vital cog in help staying up. 

2 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Buendia would have been better off under Bielsa but then again Leeds obviously weren't looking at him. Villa has turned from a one man team to a two man team (as results proved when Grealish was out). 

Unsure why Norwich didn't want to keep him as he is a vital cog in help staying up. 

I think he'll have wanted to leave to be honest. Up to Webber now to nail his recruitment this time out. He's definitely aware of the gravity of the situation, so let's see who he gets in.

5 hours ago, AstonVilla said:

I couldn’t care less about the timing of this post, I just want to make my point.

The fact that many of you are less concerned about the fee rather than the destination speaks volumes about your mentality.

You would have rather sold him to a club that are a part of an American led group of greedy bastards that tried to ruin the game by starting a members only club?

Whose owner is an advocate of big game hunting?

A club who sacked loyal staff due to ‘covid cost cutting’ while signing Willian on a bumper pay packet?

Why? Because you want to maintain a status quo of the ‘big 6’? 

If we ever sold Grealish, I would 100% be delighted if he went to a club that wasn’t a part of that disgusting plan that would have crippled your, and our, club.

So yeah, if BURNLEY managed to sign Jack Grealish ahead of Man Utd or Man City, I’d absolutely be like ‘fair play BURNLEY!’

Why anyone would want the ‘big 6’ to continue with their monopoly is beyond me.

Hand on my heart, I would rather Norwich qualify for Europe than Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City. I certainly would not be crying about it like some of you clearly would if we managed to do it.

Also it seems that many of you don’t even understand how the transfer market works.  Arsenal had no intention of meeting your valuation, if they did, they still could. But they won’t.  They would’ve offered £20m.  And waited, unsettled the player knowing full well he’d want to move to only them and kick up a stink.  Then they’d have said we’ll give you £5m a year for the next 5 years. Stop acting like your CEO is stupid.  He obviously went back to Arsenal and said ‘Villa are offering this much..’ and they said ‘we can’t afford it’.

Count yourselves blessed that a club that knows how to do business came in, met your valuation, and got the job done.  You now have a whole summer to spend your money, knowing what to spend it on.  Arsenal would’ve messed you around over £5m until the very last day while they were trying to do other deals, and left you up **** creek.

He was going to leave regardless.  Why you so bitter about where he went??

Goodbye and good luck. And **** the ‘big 6

Do me a favour. You're a Villa fan, a club bankrolled by American and Arab money. You cheated your way out of the Championship with cash, would have been investigated by the EFL if you'd not been promoted and only survived in the EPL, despite having an inordinate amount of cash, due to gross incompetence from officials.

The big 6 are sc*m, I can say that as a Norwich fan, you as a Villa fan absolutely cannot.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Adsvilla said:

Villa fan in peace. Im a long time admirer of Norwich's brand of football. Win, lose or draw...Norwich have an entertaining passing style that I've admired for as long as i can remember. 

Norwich' model: This may divide opinion, and im no expert on it ... but I admire the scouting system and the business model SW et al runs at Norwich. Always rated him at Huddersfield.  By bringing in players like buendia for 1 to 2 million...developing the player, entertaining the fans, winning promotion and a then receiving a richly deserved profit...if they decide to sell...Norwich are proving again and again that they have a formula that works financially for the club. Yes, football is about winning. But its about winning long term realistic battles.  I don't tune into motd to see man citeh win again. It's to see Norwich or Southampton or burnley show that it can be done, all whilst reinvesting and keeping their clubs on a firm financial footing....and winning the hearts and minds of average folk like me.  This is far more difficult, imho, than the gung ho cash lobbing path some clubs have trodden before. I, for one, have seen how, in the wrong hands, clubs like Villa, can face major uncertainty with inept owners and rash buys. 

Buendia:  from what I've seen, in the current money mad market, buendia is worth much more than the 40 million ive seen quoted. He has a lot to his game. His runs into the pockets, his flicks, his intelligence off the ball...it's a rare gift these days. I cant understand why other teams aren't queuing up for him. If he had played for Argentina v Chile the other night, the sum would be different. With some of the dross that is being sold for bananas money these days....Buendia looks like a transfer of the summer for me. I'm not assuming villa will get Buendia. Far from it.  I'm a realist...and he could, and should have his pick of the teams. However, money talks...and I'm sure Norwich will take the best deal for the club. The days of having to sell Eadie to Leicester for 3.5 million  are thankfully long gone for Norwich.

The future: I'd be happy to see Norwich challenging in the upper echelons of the Premier league. But realistically, as with Villa, it's a long way off. It could be worse, and we could go the way of citeh, and lose the real identity and souls of our clubs.

I remember Villa paid a similar combined sum for Withe, Morley and Bremner around that time...albeit not marquee signings then..but they proved to be key members of the league and European Cup winning side in the following 18 months. 

So i guess the point I'm making is, its about the bigger financial picture. (Trying not to sound condescending). Norwich will use the money they receive for Buendia wisely... bringing in some prospects...maybe some free agents on bigger salaries....whilst building even more financial stability in uncertain times. Let's not forget, there are still some fine players at the club. I'm sure I'll be reading once again how a lump of Spanish/Argentine coal has once again been turned into a Norwich diamond. 
Whatever the outcome on the buendia or even grealish transfer situation,  Good luck next season, and in the future. 

Good post, you've got yourselves one hell of a fine player. I don't think many in the Prem have more natural talent than Emi. In my opinion, he's the best I've seen in a Norwich shirt, in my lifetime as a fan 

I wish him all the best at Villa. Grealish and Emi in the same team is quite an amazing prospect.

13 hours ago, Adsvilla said:

Let's see how Emi does. He's an emotional character who has loved the last few years in Norfolk, as he has grown up, started a young family, and generally blossomed into a fantastic footballer. Life has been been good and it has showed in his face, his behaviour, and his body language.

But he is driven by emotion. If his partner doesn't settle in the Midlands and his blissful life takes a turn for the worst it will effect his performances and the smile may disappear. He will be a different creature then. Just as he was when trying to establish himself at City, with a few bumps in the road.

His good fortune is that he is now under the wing of another experienced and paternal manager, who will nurture him and be aware of what is going on in his head.

One thing I know for sure - just like Jamal, Emi and in due course Max and Todd, at the end of their careers and realise that City has been and extraordinary place to be over the last three years and they may well strive unsuccessfully to find such contentment again.

I don't know how we managed to keep him for the last year, but the wheel has turned and cannot turn back.  

Edited by Pugin
  • Like 1

Buendia showing ambition. The club getting a decent wedge. The player we have all grown to love joining a bigger team. It's all not like this has come out of the blue. Maybe some surprised with the Villa move, but one he will play every week and their offensive line now looks very decent. I imagine Webber will want to mitigate this loss with a big signing to appease plans imminently. He'd be stupid not to have something lined up to ease the blow

Edited by jaberry2

3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Buendia showing ambition. The club getting a decent wedge. The player we have all grown to love joining a bigger team. It's all not like this has come out of the blue. Maybe some surprised with the Villa move, but one he will play every week and their offensive line now looks very decent. I imagine Webber will want to mitigate this loss with a big signing to appease plans imminently. He'd be stupid not to have something lined up to ease the blow

Far too sensible.

You should be banned😉

• Haha 1

I wish him all the best at Villa. Grealish and Emi in the same team is quite an amazing prospect.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola wants to sign Aston Villa and England midfielder Jack Grealish, 25, this summer. (ESPN)

On 06/06/2021 at 02:50, AstonVilla said:

Count yourselves blessed that a club that knows how to do business came in, met your valuation, and got the job done. 

🤣

thank you so much for taking our best player off of us, we really wanted him gone - indeed, a job very well done, all hail aston villa

odious ****

18 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

🤣

thank you so much for taking our best player off of us, we really wanted him gone - indeed, a job very well done, all hail aston villa

odious ****

You just don’t understand the simple fact that he was going to leave regardless, do you? Let me break it down for you, help you understand a little.

He

Was

Going

To

Leave.

Regardless.

Arsenal wanted to pay you £1 a month in postage stamps for the next 33 million months.

We gave you £33m in crisp £50 notes.

Your club can now go buy players with real money, instead of waiting for Arsenals postage stamps to arrive each month. 

But no.  You’d rather have the postage stamps because you’re too dumb to realise what’s good for your club.  

I’m not saying be grateful you sold your best player.  I’m saying be grateful you DIDN’T sell to Arsenal or not only would you have lost your best player, you would now be trying to buy players in the same way that you sold yours - in monthly instalments.  And guess what? Any CEO worth his salt will tell you to **** off, just like yours just told Arsenal to.

Oh, and in case you haven’t figured it out yet, he was going to leave regardless.

7 minutes ago, AstonVilla said:

You just don’t understand the simple fact that he was going to leave regardless, do you? Let me break it down for you, help you understand a little.

He

Was

Going

To

Leave.

Regardless.

Arsenal wanted to pay you £1 a month in postage stamps for the next 33 million months.

Your club can now go buy players with real money, instead of waiting for Arsenals postage stamps to arrive each month. 

But no.  You’d rather have the postage stamps because you’re too dumb to realise what’s good for your club.  

I’m not saying be grateful you sold your best player.  I’m saying be grateful you DIDN’T sell to Arsenal or not only would you have lost your best player, you would now be trying to buy players in the same way that you sold yours - in monthly instalments.  And guess what? Any CEO worth his salt will tell you to **** off, just like yours just told Arsenal to.

Oh, and in case you haven’t figured it out yet, he was going to leave regardless.

Most people know all this, but you are dropping in on a message board for a team that had a pretty horrific relegation experience and just sold their best player for maybe 30 years. I think the general consensus was that we hoped Atletico Madrid would come in for him, as in the same way it would be for Grealish, its going to be really hard to see him playing against us next season. Especially when we will probably be scraping it out toward the bottom end.

Check back in after we've got a replacement and the future looks a little more exciting for us. Right now we've lost our best player and our shirt sponsor appears to be a creepy asian betting ring. Not a great few days.

Edited by birchfest
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Most people know all this, but you are dropping in on a message board for a team that had a pretty horrific relegation experience and just sold their best player for maybe 30 years. I think the general consensus was that we hoped Atletico Madrid would come in for him, as in the same way it would be for Grealish, its going to be really hard to see him playing against us next season. Especially when we will probably be scraping it out toward the bottom end.

Check back in after we've got a replacement and the future looks a little more exciting for us. Right now we've lost our best player and our shirt sponsor appears to be a creepy asian betting ring. Not a great few days.

Interestingly, there is one report going round that Arsenal woke up and at the last minute offered us more than Villa but we preferred the way the Villa deal was structured. So it might be that patronising Villa fan was right about the way Arsenal do business but wrong to think we weren't smart enough to understand that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AstonVilla said:

He

Was

Going

To

Leave.

Regardless.

You alright sweetheart, you seem to have got your mum's G-string twisted up 🤷🏻‍♂️

If it's uncomfortable just take it off, might help you calm down a little 😉

• Haha 1