Sign in to follow this  
Adsvilla

Villa Fan in Peace

Villa fan in peace. Im a long time admirer of Norwich's brand of football. Win, lose or draw...Norwich have an entertaining passing style that I've admired for as long as i can remember. 

Norwich' model: This may divide opinion, and im no expert on it ... but I admire the scouting system and the business model SW et al runs at Norwich. Always rated him at Huddersfield.  By bringing in players like buendia for 1 to 2 million...developing the player, entertaining the fans, winning promotion and a then receiving a richly deserved profit...if they decide to sell...Norwich are proving again and again that they have a formula that works financially for the club. Yes, football is about winning. But its about winning long term realistic battles.  I don't tune into motd to see man citeh win again. It's to see Norwich or Southampton or burnley show that it can be done, all whilst reinvesting and keeping their clubs on a firm financial footing....and winning the hearts and minds of average folk like me.  This is far more difficult, imho, than the gung ho cash lobbing path some clubs have trodden before. I, for one, have seen how, in the wrong hands, clubs like Villa, can face major uncertainty with inept owners and rash buys. 

Buendia:  from what I've seen, in the current money mad market, buendia is worth much more than the 40 million ive seen quoted. He has a lot to his game. His runs into the pockets, his flicks, his intelligence off the ball...it's a rare gift these days. I cant understand why other teams aren't queuing up for him. If he had played for Argentina v Chile the other night, the sum would be different. With some of the dross that is being sold for bananas money these days....Buendia looks like a transfer of the summer for me. I'm not assuming villa will get Buendia. Far from it.  I'm a realist...and he could, and should have his pick of the teams. However, money talks...and I'm sure Norwich will take the best deal for the club. The days of having to sell Eadie to Leicester for 3.5 million  are thankfully long gone for Norwich.

The future: I'd be happy to see Norwich challenging in the upper echelons of the Premier league. But realistically, as with Villa, it's a long way off. It could be worse, and we could go the way of citeh, and lose the real identity and souls of our clubs.

The past: im still waffling, and showing my age, but I remember when Norwich sold Kevin Reeves, after he played for England,  to Man City for a whopping 1 million or more back at the start of the 80s. At the time, it went down like a lead balloon with my school pals....but it did pave the way for the river end stand (my former hairdresser once informed me). That 1 million transfer back then embittered fans, but was a stadium game changer to Norwich at that time....and in the long run.

I remember Villa paid a similar combined sum for Withe, Morley and Bremner around that time...albeit not marquee signings then..but they proved to be key members of the league and European Cup winning side in the following 18 months. 

So i guess the point I'm making is, its about the bigger financial picture. (Trying not to sound condescending). Norwich will use the money they receive for Buendia wisely... bringing in some prospects...maybe some free agents on bigger salaries....whilst building even more financial stability in uncertain times. Let's not forget, there are still some fine players at the club. I'm sure I'll be reading once again how a lump of Spanish/Argentine coal has once again been turned into a Norwich diamond. 
Whatever the outcome on the buendia or even grealish transfer situation,  Good luck next season, and in the future. 
  • Like 15

Fair play, and best of luck next season, although it sorta pains to say it now. A Villa-supporting contact of mine was saying you guys were looking at Saint-Maximin too.

Get him in and keep Grealish, and I think Europe's very much on if they click relatively quickly.

I nice post but honestly the reaction isn't going to be pleasant, imagine how you'd be feeling if you sold Grealish to say, Spurs for example, for 50 million. You'd be a little put out.

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Not really the time pal.

Exactly i dont really want to be patronized by a bloody Villa fan at this time 

God , anyone but Villa… Lambert, Mings, couldn’t even pay their tax bill 3 years ago, and but for an appallingly incorrect decision they’d have been back down with us after spending £120 million last year. So many reasons to not like them. And I can’t help but feel we’ve sold them our finest ever player far too cheaply.

Really bad timing, let the dust settle.

Imagine Villa selling Grealish tomorrow, and Norwich fans on VillaTalk within an hour praising the Villa academy.

Enough said.

Also, we paid £5m for Emi as we had to pay £3.5m to Getafe after our last promotion, not the £1.5m mooted.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

30 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

With the greatest of respect.

**** off.

If you'd actually bothered to read it I would suggest it's a very sensible, well researched and friendly post. Pity you can't see that. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

If you'd actually bothered to read it I would suggest it's a very sensible, well researched and friendly post. Pity you can't see that. 

With the greatest of respect.

**** off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Fair enough. I was writing it before the transfer went through. I should have gone online and checked. Timing wasn't great to say the least.   I understand the anger. My post was about Norwich and what they are doing well as a club...but green and yellow runs through your veins, and I respect your passion for your club. Take care everybody. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

It is far too soon.

How would it go down on VillaTalk if they sold Grealish to Man Utd and then had Man Utd fans posting about how good the Villa academy is?

2 minutes ago, Adsvilla said:

Fair enough. I was writing it before the transfer went through. I should have gone online and checked. Timing wasn't great to say the least.   I understand the anger. My post was about Norwich and what they are doing well as a club...but green and yellow runs through your veins, and I respect your passion for your club. Take care everybody. 

Apologies for my less than welcoming nature. Come back in a week or so, I'm sure we'll be much more receptive then 👍

7 minutes ago, Adsvilla said:

Yeah if you sold Grealish to I don't know, Brighton for 30 million then you might start understanding how we feel.

Come back in a week or two and we might be in a better mood

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Adsvilla said:

Villa fan in peace. Im a long time admirer of Norwich's brand of football. Win, lose or draw...Norwich have an entertaining passing style that I've admired for as long as i can remember. 

Norwich' model: This may divide opinion, and im no expert on it ... but I admire the scouting system and the business model SW et al runs at Norwich. Always rated him at Huddersfield.  By bringing in players like buendia for 1 to 2 million...developing the player, entertaining the fans, winning promotion and a then receiving a richly deserved profit...if they decide to sell...Norwich are proving again and again that they have a formula that works financially for the club. Yes, football is about winning. But its about winning long term realistic battles.  I don't tune into motd to see man citeh win again. It's to see Norwich or Southampton or burnley show that it can be done, all whilst reinvesting and keeping their clubs on a firm financial footing....and winning the hearts and minds of average folk like me.  This is far more difficult, imho, than the gung ho cash lobbing path some clubs have trodden before. I, for one, have seen how, in the wrong hands, clubs like Villa, can face major uncertainty with inept owners and rash buys. 

Buendia:  from what I've seen, in the current money mad market, buendia is worth much more than the 40 million ive seen quoted. He has a lot to his game. His runs into the pockets, his flicks, his intelligence off the ball...it's a rare gift these days. I cant understand why other teams aren't queuing up for him. If he had played for Argentina v Chile the other night, the sum would be different. With some of the dross that is being sold for bananas money these days....Buendia looks like a transfer of the summer for me. I'm not assuming villa will get Buendia. Far from it.  I'm a realist...and he could, and should have his pick of the teams. However, money talks...and I'm sure Norwich will take the best deal for the club. The days of having to sell Eadie to Leicester for 3.5 million  are thankfully long gone for Norwich.

The future: I'd be happy to see Norwich challenging in the upper echelons of the Premier league. But realistically, as with Villa, it's a long way off. It could be worse, and we could go the way of citeh, and lose the real identity and souls of our clubs.

The past: im still waffling, and showing my age, but I remember when Norwich sold Kevin Reeves, after he played for England,  to Man City for a whopping 1 million or more back at the start of the 80s. At the time, it went down like a lead balloon with my school pals....but it did pave the way for the river end stand (my former hairdresser once informed me). That 1 million transfer back then embittered fans, but was a stadium game changer to Norwich at that time....and in the long run.

I remember Villa paid a similar combined sum for Withe, Morley and Bremner around that time...albeit not marquee signings then..but they proved to be key members of the league and European Cup winning side in the following 18 months. 

So i guess the point I'm making is, its about the bigger financial picture. (Trying not to sound condescending). Norwich will use the money they receive for Buendia wisely... bringing in some prospects...maybe some free agents on bigger salaries....whilst building even more financial stability in uncertain times. Let's not forget, there are still some fine players at the club. I'm sure I'll be reading once again how a lump of Spanish/Argentine coal has once again been turned into a Norwich diamond. 
Whatever the outcome on the buendia or even grealish transfer situation,  Good luck next season, and in the future. 

Thanks and apologies for the childish replies. 

I think we all agree that he is worth more than 40M so a lot of us are in shock why the deal was done so soon when, as you say, he could have played for Argentina and his stock would have risen. Also we have worked so hard to keep him during previous windows. 

Villa and Norwich have had a history of promotion/relegation together and, but for a diabolical decision last season, you could have been relegated with us. Things would be a lot different now if not for your stroke of luck. Let's hope we get some next season. 

• Like 2

People will cry at the original post, acting like a family member has died. We move on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adsvilla said:

Go away

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Adsvilla said:

To be fair you've shown up a lot of posters on here by posting articulately with balance and thought.

Please understand the reaction from most of the fans on here is only negative because we are understandably gutted to be losing Emi. Probably the most naturally gifted footballer I've ever watch play for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

To be fair you've shown up a lot of posters on here by posting articulately with balance and thought.

Please understand the reaction from most of the fans on here is only negative because we are understandably gutted to be losing Emi. Probably the most naturally gifted footballer I've ever watch play for us.

B0ll0cks to balance and thought . Not interested in either . And you most certainly don’t need to be apologising for me . Football is an irrational pastime . If you want sensible go the the ballet or church . Villa can do one . So can Argentina . And Steve Smith - sandpapering tw4t. 

16 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

People will cry at the original post, acting like a family member has died. We move on. 

With respect, I don't come on here and post about football if a family member has died. Don't be that condescending muppet. 

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

With respect, I don't come on here and post about football if a family member has died. Don't be that condescending muppet. 

My point is, people need to just be a little more realistic. I appreciate the disappointment of many and he'll be a big miss, but it's football, we're a selling club and it's hardly like we didn't see this coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adsvilla said:

You must be laughing your head and with a lot of  the responses to this. Some are probably ordering Norwich /Villa half scarfs right now. 

• Haha 1

Lambert went to Villa. Their fans sang his name as we beat em. The only rational thought I have at this moment is that it is decades overdue for the 2nd City to have a top 5 team. Somehow I doubt they will be and I’ll enjoy beatin em next season. Villa is simply not a step up, as Leicester wasn’t for Eadie.