Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Daniel’s private thoughts on Emi departure

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

A beautiful honest manager but what must he be thinking. He’s stock must be fairly high for wannabe suitors and many should be looking. Every quality player he works with here is sold as soon as the deemed offer comes in. 

Seriously how can you work under this kind of regime, it must be soul destroying. The man deserves better but I’m sure he’s wise enough to look after his own interests and who could ever blame him. 

How can anyone not read recent articles where both Webber and Farke say they know we are likely to lose one of our top stars but that it will hopefully mean a bigger pot of money with which to improve the squad with?

If you go back and re-watch/read them, as I have, it makes you think that this may have been a bit longer in the planning than it might seem.

I suspect this could go back as far as the start of last season even, when we first heard that Buendia had lost focus and was dropped. That was following an injury too. I think there is likely to be a bit more to all of this than just the last couple of weeks. Not to mention Buendia himself had made several comments to various media outlets saying how flattered he was to be linked to other clubs.