Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Daniel’s private thoughts on Emi departure

A beautiful honest manager but what must he be thinking. He’s stock must be fairly high for wannabe suitors and many should be looking. Every quality player he works with here is sold as soon as the deemed offer comes in. 

Seriously how can you work under this kind of regime, it must be soul destroying. The man deserves better but I’m sure he’s wise enough to look after his own interests and who could ever blame him. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

I doubt very much that this has happened without DF knowing full well. I hope he would have used the opportunity of letting SW know exactly the positions he needs to strengthen with the cash.

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

But, he's known from day one what the philosophy is ... and has explained it himself time and time again.

True, but long term he’s flogging a dead horse here. Norwich are treating him with contempt but that’s just my personal opinion. 

No, can't agree. In fact, his previous positions with smaller clubs in Lippstadt, and then as a reserve team manager at Dortmund, mean he's probably better suited to this kind of model as it puts such emphasis on development. I don't think we've had a manager here who is so damned good at judging when youngsters are ready.

Farke surely knows what his job is and where the club is at so that doesn’t worry be so much - though he must be thinking in general that he has nearly taken us as far as he can.

However I think it’s more the other players still here. What will Pukki be thinking right now at the prospect of losing his main creator? What do Cantwell and Aarons think? Do they want to stay and try to establish NCFC in the prem or will they jump at the first chance they get for somewhere with a bit more ambition financial clout?

We talk about the long-term damaging impact on the squad for NOT letting players go when the time is right - and the message that sends, but what about the damage and disharmony caused by the transfer itself? Does that not send a message too?

A transfer such as this of a star player - from a newly promoted club - to a mere medium sized prem club, is completely unprecedented. What must our players be thinking?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

No, can't agree. In fact, his previous positions with smaller clubs in Lippstadt, and then as a reserve team manager at Dortmund, mean he's probably better suited to this kind of model as it puts such emphasis on development. I don't think we've had a manager here who is so damned good at judging when youngsters are ready.

Just imagine what he could achieve when he’s able to sign ready made quality instead of selling it. 

I suspect Farke will eventually get fed up with the spectacular lack of ambition I just hope it isn’t now! 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I suspect Farke will eventually get fed up with the spectacular lack of ambition I just hope it isn’t now! 

Who could blame him to move on to better things, all the top players do. 

Farke bought into this philosophy and he is part of it. He is fully aware of our model and openly supports it. He knows his stock is growing with every transfer of our quality players who he has worked with and coached to the level they are. He will be here for as long as he wants.If he does go,it should be with our blessing and thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Farke bought into this philosophy and he is part of it. He is fully aware of our model and openly supports it. He knows his stock is growing with every transfer of our quality players who he has worked with and coached to the level they are. He will be here for as long as he wants.If he does go,it should be with our blessing and thanks.

Exactly this. The more gems we sell, the better he looks - ultimately he's the man who polished them.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly this. The more gems we sell, the better he looks - ultimately he's the man who polished them.

Yep, exactly that. Let's see what the squad looks like in six weeks; that will be a truer picture of the ambition (or lack of) that we've shown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Webber owes the fans or club anything as he's basically overseen two promotions and drastically improved every area of the club. But he damn well owes Daniel Farke something not just after this but also all the other sales. He has to make sure he is fully supported this window and lands his top targets and gives him a team he can compete with. We all know how much Farke loves Skipp, getting him back even if we overpay is the first step to paying him back, then after that we need to have a blinding window and that means even if we have to go over budget by a bit. This is our last chance to back Farke, if it doesn't work and we get relegated again with a 10-15m hole in our finances then so be it, we can rebuild again.

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Whatever he is Farke is certainly ambitious, he’s not going to appreciate the money not being invested back into the squad, certainly not this year. 
I’m sure that Buendia and Aarons were promised the door this summer with promotion and the right offer. Good luck to them. So I’m also sure there are replacements already in talks with our club, if not then as I’ve said criticism will be justified given the previous good will by the fans for the lack of investment our last premiership season. I wouldn’t be surprised if Farke doesn’t sign a new contract but rather see this season out and walk away to a new challenge knowing he’ll be in demand by bigger clubs then ours.

Edited by Indy

Farke will leave to manage a side that can more readily hold on to their top assets because, like Maddison, Godrey and Buendia, as an individual he will have out grown how good a self funded club at the start of its voyage can be. Not because he's angry about players being sold that he always knew would be sold!

What intrigues me is where we are if we end up relegated and minus Emi, Farke, Webber and Max ... 

Watch him sign a new contract in the next month and make Midlands look like an idiot.

• Like 3

Far too many negatives on here. Emi was always going to leave for more money. Yes sad it's only Villa but so what. We now have a significant war chest to start to build an even better team.

The King is dead. Long live the new King (whoever thst may be).

• Like 3

It’s not as if Buendia kept us up last time is it ? He was rolling around slapping the floor like the rest of ‘em. 
Grealish off . Emi in. Tough act to follow . Not exactly Captain  Sensible when the pressure is on is he ? 

• Like 2

Jesus H Christ, we have sold a player, I know he is a special talent, but after all is said and done he was just that, ONE player.

I would be far more worried if DF was to leave, that's for bloody sure. But getting back to Emi, it was evident after a fairly short period of time he was destined to move on, after all, they are ALL hired guns, mercenaries, soldiers of fortune if you like, maybe some are more loyal, maybe some never give a toss about the club or it's fans.

But my take on Emi is that he could have gone 12 or 18 months ago, and for a whole lot less than £35M, and if he had, it's quite likely that we may not have been promoted. 

I cannot affect the outcome in any significant way so I will reconcile it with the thought that we have PL football look forward to with a great coach, a solid team spirit and in Webber a very astute Sporting Director.

As a Post Script, all those wailing that £35M is not enough, I'm sure all us lesser mortals will be looking forward to your tenure as Director of Billion pound transfer fantasies, until then I'll be following Club announcements.

• Like 1

Just now, Daz Sparks said:

Jesus H Christ, we have sold a player, I know he is a special talent, but after all is said and done he was just that, ONE player.

I would be far more worried if DF was to leave, that's for bloody sure. But getting back to Emi, it was evident after a fairly short period of time he was destined to move on, after all, they are ALL hired guns, mercenaries, soldiers of fortune if you like, maybe some are more loyal, maybe some never give a toss about the club or it's fans.

But my take on Emi is that he could have gone 12 or 18 months ago, and for a whole lot less than £35M, and if he had, it's quite likely that we may not have been promoted. 

I cannot affect the outcome in any significant way so I will reconcile it with the thought that we have PL football look forward to with a great coach, a solid team spirit and in Webber a very astute Sporting Director.

As a Post Script, all those wailing that £35M is not enough, I'm sure all us lesser mortals will be looking forward to your tenure as Director of Billion pound transfer fantasies, until then I'll be following Club announcements.

That's the only departure that would unnerve me, unless we had the fortune to find a manager who also had established a fine reputation for youth development so he could slot in. Farke really has done a magnificent job in this regard.

Can anyone else remember a manager who has had such a sure touch with getting youngsters through?

As much as it might not be ideal for everyone to hear, none of Maddison, Godfrey, Aarons, Lewis, Cantwell, Buendia, Idah, were signed or developed to play for us as an established PL side.

The purpose of these players was to beat the path. 

35 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Watch him sign a new contract in the next month and make Midlands look like an idiot.

Have I said he’ll walk? I’ve intimated we can never fulfil his ambition. I’d rather have my own opinions though than constantly kiss backside like you always do. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Have I said he’ll walk? I’ve intimated we can never fulfil his ambition. I’d rather have my own opinions though than constantly kiss backside like you always do. 

If we can't fulfil his ambition he won't sign a new contract. That's the logical conclusion. Kiss who's backside, out of interest?

39 minutes ago, hogesar said:

....that's hardly difficult is it ? 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

True, but long term he’s flogging a dead horse here. Norwich are treating him with contempt but that’s just my personal opinion. 

If I was him I would look for a club that can give him the tools to be successful at the highest level. He won't get that here. Like Emi he has out grown the club...

• Thanks 1

Just now, hogesar said:

If we can't fulfil his ambition he won't sign a new contract. That's the logical conclusion. Kiss who's backside, out of interest?

Come on teaser! You know who. 

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If I was him I would look for a club that can give him the tools to be successful at the highest level. He won't get that here. Like Emi he has out grown the club...

Bang on the money again Kenny. Imagine what this genius will achieve when that happens. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Maybe you could let Farke decide that for himself rather than you decide for him. Can't wait for him to sign a new contract this month and commit his future to this fantastical club.

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Oh I dunno Kenny, plenty of NCFC tools on here for him to chose from! 😉