Hank shoots Skyler

Emi Buendia - clap or boo?

Emi Buendia - clap or boo?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will you clap or boo seeing Emi Buendia at Carrow Road next season as an Aston Villa player. As I couldn’t decide given the circumstances of the transfer I have also added a third option which is what I will be do - cry

• Clap
    • Boo
    • Cry

Easy, I will clap.

He's provided us with wonderful memories and even when he's mentally checked out briefly, good man-management brought him back onside and he was a committed, effective, and brilliant player for us who developed rapidly - indeed he arguably progressed quicker than the club was.

It'll be a shame not seeing him in our colours again. It was a shame we couldn't give him a proper send off. But as a wonderful example of how our model can make stars if they're willing to work hard, I can't fault it.

• Like 7

Difficult one, appreciate his time here, but like Lambert he’s sold himself to a crap club, he might end up regretting this move. I’ll certainly not be clapping anyone in a Villa shirt I’m afraid.

11 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Easy, I will clap.

He's provided us with wonderful memories and even when he's mentally checked out briefly, good man-management brought him back onside and he was a committed, effective, and brilliant player for us who developed rapidly - indeed he arguably progressed quicker than the club was.

It'll be a shame not seeing him in our colours again. It was a shame we couldn't give him a proper send off. But as a wonderful example of how our model can make stars if they're willing to work hard, I can't fault it.

Good points TGS, I think that’s the line I will take (once I’ve got a more reasonable head on anyway).

There are definite shades of Lambert here though, let’s hope he doesn’t do or say anything unsavoury between now and the next time we see him as that could make things unpleasant for him. If not I’m sure the general response from the crowd will be positive, with a few audible boos also noted....

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Good points TGS, I think that’s the line I will take (once I’ve got a more reasonable head on anyway).

There are definite shades of Lambert here though, let’s hope he doesn’t do or say anything unsavoury between now and the next time we see him as that could make things unpleasant for him. If not I’m sure the general response from the crowd will be positive, with a few audible boos also noted....

As it happened, my father died when I was in the middle of a sandwich year in Germany as part of my university degree and I received a card of condolence from the department I was in at the time with a message that's been engraved in me ever since, and it's wonderfully fitting for all such departures.

"Es waren schöne Zeiten. Weine nicht, dass sie vergangen, sondern lächle, dass sie gewesen".

(They were beautiful times. Don't mourn their passing, but smile that they were around).

• Thanks 1

Clap, he's a double promotion player and he's given us some outstanding moments. Hopefully his legacy is the fee allows us to stay up with a solid squad. 

For gods sake people,get over yourselves!. I will definitely applaud a player who in my honest opinion is the best footballer I have seen in a city shirt in my 50 yrs of supporting them.He could suffer a serious injury at any time and lose his chance of a move and earning a salary which probably three times what he's earning here. We would all do the same.Good luck to him.

• Like 3

With any luck, Villa will be bottom 3 and we'll be flying high, and I'll clap his name when announced but also engage in a round of, "it could've been you..."

8 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

For gods sake people,get over yourselves!. I will definitely applaud a player who in my honest opinion is the best footballer I have seen in a city shirt in my 50 yrs of supporting them.He could suffer a serious injury at any time and lose his chance of a move and earning a salary which probably three times what he's earning here. We would all do the same.Good luck to him.

He didn’t help himself by hinting that he would be quite happy to still be here at the start of the season though, there was no need for that.

I won’t boo or clap him. I’ll be too busy cheering on our own players.

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Anyone saying boo go and give your head a thorough wobbling..... 

Abso bloody lutely this ! 

• Like 1

Another thread that would have fans up and down the land in hysterics. Clap an Aston Villa player!? Only in Norwich. Still happy clappers gonna clap i guess. By the way guys see my thread on half and half shirts, you may be interested.....

All the best. Keith.

It’s a tough one. The poorly advised comments he made upon promotion are so disappointing that I’ve lost some respect.

But then I think about everything he’s given me in the last few seasons and I realise how lucky I’ve been. I was there for the outrageous flick, the touch into the box and smash, the mugging of otamendi etc etc etc.

I most definitely won’t boo and would love to clap. Assuming he treats the club and fans with respect on his return (and doesn’t tarnish his reputation with further ill advised comments) then he deserves some sort of send off for everything he’s done.

He may not even be in their team. I know, he's done great for us, but without Pukki who is probably the best mover off the ball bar none, his skills may not shine so brightly.  We've seen him when he isn't happy or focussed and he isn't half the player then - can Dean Smith get him focussed the same way Farke has? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

He may not even be in their team. I know, he's done great for us, but without Pukki who is probably the best mover off the ball bar none, his skills may not shine so brightly.  We've seen him when he isn't happy or focussed and he isn't half the player then - can Dean Smith get him focussed the same way Farke has? 

I'm more concerned about what Pukki will do without Emi. It's not just the brilliance of Emi we have lost, but the supply line to Pukki. Hugely important we get the right replacement in and fast.

Clap.

That said, I am crossing every finger on my body we will get to belt out a few choruses of "It could have been you" while we send him back into the championship.

1 minute ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Clap.

That said, I am crossing every finger on my body we will get to belt out a few choruses of "It could have been you" while we send him back into the championship.

He could score 3 and the happy clappers will be up for each goal😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

He's their record signing, so I doubt they'll be signing him to sit on the bench.

He has zero integrity, basically lied through his teeth. I hope his career is an huge flop from this point onwards. It may be he’s just weak and under the influence of his agent but even so I’m hugely disappointed in him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He has zero integrity, basically lied through his teeth. I hope his career is an huge flop from this point onwards. It may be he’s just weak and under the influence of his agent but even so I’m hugely disappointed in him.

Did you say the same about Maddison when he left?

I won't do either. He's no longer our player and I no longer think of him as one - I shall admire him as I would any other good footballer playing for a team trying to beat Norwich.

Players move on; they kiss whichever badge they're playing for, it means nothing. I certainly won't hero worship him from afar like some on here - we'll have new heroes; better players hopefully. He's in the all time list like many others who no longer play for us but he's gone so who cares?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

Another thread that would have fans up and down the land in hysterics. Clap an Aston Villa player!? Only in Norwich. Still happy clappers gonna clap i guess. By the way guys see my thread on half and half shirts, you may be interested.....

All the best. Keith.

Sorry, I'm a villa fan. But seriously is that the view. Why do you guys hate us so much? Is it because of Lambert? I never really thought of you guys as hating us. I just kind of thought the Bristol City, Leeds, Baggies, Dingles, Coventry etc fans were a bit mad for being obsessed with us the way they were. 

I get you guys are incredibly disappointed by the figure and you wanted more. But I imagine for you guys the sell on fee is the big one. If he ends up as a success at villa he could easily move on for 60-80 million. And whilst the reported figure is 10% who knows what it really is. But let's say it takes the transfer to 45 mil total. How disappointed would you be then with a fee of that total?

To be honest the signings you have made so far look encouraging and I hope you really give it a go at staying up. I'd much prefer you guys to be in the league than Burnley. 

Sorry this ended up as a bit of a ramble so TLDR: If the fee ends up 45 mil with the sell on clause how disappointed will you be?

Do You really hate us? And Why? 

And then good luck. I hope you invest well so we can have many games to come.

How can anybody boo the lad? He didn't choose villa over arsenal, the club accepted villas offer. And arsenal have done a arsenal, say they're interested and about to buy someone then sh!t themselves. Look what he has done for us since he's been here. If people boo him then they are real tw@s in my book. 

I’d hope that we’d show some class and give him a warm welcome pre-match. He’s been immense for us and, for me personally, one of the most exciting and delightful players I’ve seen don our shirt.

Once the match starts, he’s fair game. He’s trying to help a team beat us. 

If we can get him wound up and do something daft, that’s our job. 

But I’ll always love what he did for us, the lad is a superb player and was a huge part of two title winning sides. Let’s just hope that the cash leads, as the Maddison sale did, to us building something even stronger. 

I’ll miss him terribly though. What a player. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Do You really hate us? And Why? 

And then good luck. I hope you invest well so we can have many games to come.

Leeds hate you because you are a bigger club and city than they are. Those other clubs hate you because you are the big fish in their pond. 

We don’t hate you, we are just annoyed that you block our progress too often. It’s not just about Lambert, it’s also Saunders, that League Cup final, and now taking our best player away. You are a club that like Leeds should never have been relegated from Division 1 to Division 3 in the first place, but you were and it’s frustrating to see your larger resources enabling both of you to overtake us. 

p.s. thanks again for the respect shown at your place when we lifted the Championship trophy

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1