Definitely right up there with my favourite Norwich players after this season, in the top 5 definitely.

Arguing about whether you are the most talented or not is pointless, different era's etc.

Thanks for coming on board for the one more season to get us back up, I think you could have held out for a better move but oh well, thanks for four fantastic seasons and good luck to you - been a pleasure and a shame we couldn't all witness you tearing the Championship a new one every week last season, or give you a proper goodbye.

Hall of Fame status definitely sealed, important part in our history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yes, thanks for not wanting to hang around....I suppose we can’t blame him in this day and age.  Villa isn’t quite the ‘big step up’ we had in mind, though.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Confused 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Yes, thanks for not wanting to hang around....

Oh give it up, do you write that in leaving cards at your place of work then?  

I normally just write "good luck in your new role, all the best". 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Definitely right up there with my favourite Norwich players after this season, in the top 5 definitely.

Arguing about whether you are the most talented or not is pointless, different era's etc.

Thanks for coming on board for the one more season to get us back up, I think you could have held out for a better move but oh well, thanks for four fantastic seasons and good luck to you - been a pleasure and a shame we couldn't all witness you tearing the Championship a new one every week last season, or give you a proper goodbye.

Probably the greatest success story of Webber and Farke's tenure. Nobody had heard of him when we signed him for peanuts, much like Maddison and Godfrey. It was an absolute joy to watch him play and I'm going to miss him hugely.

It's always been Webber's way to get as much business as possible done as early as possible. It's weird that he's going to Villa, but there's a much better chance of a hefty sell-on in a year or two than if he went to a really big club.

Now let's wait and see what our squad looks like in six weeks' time; until then, knee-jerk reactions are inevitable, and we need to remind ourselves that we're all Norwich fans and not return to the absurdly polarised slanging matches that have come before. OTBC.

• Like 1

In my top 1 players of all time for Norwich City.

Maybe we can spend well enough to get a stronger squad for next season, but one thing for certain is we won’t be getting a seeing a better assist-making, skilful, breathtaking, and hard-working individual to replace him. 👎

• Like 1

Thanks for the memories Emi. All the best for the future and I hope you become a world great player we hoped you’d become.

Losing a player of such class was always going to cause a degree of anger and hurt amongst fans regardless of the effectiveness of our model, simply as Emi provided some of the most sumptuous moments we've seen in yellow and green in years. He took a little bit of time to get going, but when he did during that first Championship winning season he danced his way around players and we just rejoiced in his creativity and vision. Dare I say it, we probably liked him a little bit more because of that spiky streak, that impetuosity - there were still flaws in there. Or indeed his occasional propensity to give a penalty away after chasing back so eagerly during that season too.

He stepped up to the Premier with aplomb along with Cantwell, but we failed for other reasons. The chances created alone show that Buendia could largely leave the Premier with his head held high. And to be fair, he could have gone then. We don't know what happened but he could have downed tools for good, but some excellent man-management by Farke and probably others refocused him, and he produced a wonderful season to finish on. It's a shame we couldn't watch it live. And he's got himself into contention to play for his country in a dearly held ambition of his so in many ways he has left on a high note with us, and we've got ourselves back into the top flight.

We got a good price for him early, although I'd accept we could have had more if we'd waited, but we'd also have shot our chances of getting quality in early if we did. And we've got a nice sell-on clause for when he almost inevitably makes a move to a top side (or if the worst comes to the worst, we could always ask Villa to buy it out).

He'll be extremely fondly remembered over time, once the pain of the transfer fades. We'll appreciate in a little while that he probably was the most technically refined and polished player ever to don our yellow and green.

13 minutes ago, Ultralk26 said:

Thanks for being a traitor and helping a rival team.

Hate to say it but if Villa keep hold of Grealish, then an attack of Traore, Grealish, Watkins, and Buendia leaves them being rivals of the likes of Spurs for European places, not the likes of us.

The gulf between Villa and Norwich in terms of quality is currently huge.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hate to say it but if Villa keep hold of Grealish, then an attack of Traore, Grealish, Watkins, and Buendia leaves them being rivals of the likes of Spurs for European places, not the likes of us.

The gulf between Villa and Norwich in terms of quality is currently huge.

Norwich will never have the ambition of Aston Villa, down again soon.

Will be fascinating to see if Emi is as effective a player at Villa as he was for us. Villa to me are not a great club, don't have a great head coach, have a history of underachievement in recent years and in those circumstances he may not be the player there he was for us. Villa may have more money than us, but he could have done better imo. 

Jesus wept, the state of this thread sums up our fanbase! Wishing him luck at Aston Villa! No wonder we are such a tinpot oufit. Fans up and down the land would be laughing at this. Embarrassing. Personally hope he breaks his leg first game, never plays for Villa again, and they get relegated. But then I'm not NFN.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keith Scott said:

Jesus wept, the state of this thread sums up our fanbase! Wishing him luck at Aston Villa! No wonder we are such a tinpot oufit. Fans up and down the land would be laughing at this. Embarrassing. Personally hope he breaks his leg first game, never plays for Villa again, and they get relegated. But then I'm not NFN.

Yep can only agree you are not normal, probably for anywhere.

Just what sort of person wishes that sort of ill on any footballer, let alone one that has given so much to NCFC and its supporters.

Put simply it is in Norwich’s interests for him to succeed as it will trigger add ons and sell ons. So wishing ill on Emi you are wishing ill on the club you claim to support.

I think most supporters knew he would be sold. It is a necessary part of our financial model. Develop, sell at a profit ( in this case huge), and reinvest with the aim of getting stronger.

OK you may not like Villa, but acknowledge what he has done for Norwich and yes that does mean wishing him well whilst hoping he has developed a little green and yellow blood during his time here.

• Like 1

How lucky have we been to watch Hoolahan - Maddison - Buendia... even that year of Pritchard in his pomp. Ok, mainly at Championship level, but we've enjoyed watching Norwich taking sides to pieces, with opposition supporters (100% Ipswich) wishing they had similar players and played like we do. 

We've had some wonderfully gifted footballers in the last decade or so, and hopefully many more to come! 

13 hours ago, Ultralk26 said:

Thanks for being a traitor and helping a rival team.

You're either an Ipswich fan or a crappy fan, both equally lame, spending your free time on a forum spewing bile and hate. Get a new hobby, get healthy.

Edited by Wardogz

Just now, Wardogz said:

You're either an Ipswich fan or a crappy fan, both equally lame, spending your free time hating on a club. Get a new hobby, get healthy.

No light without darkness, people like you are the reason Norwich are lacking ambition.

Personally hope he breaks his leg first game, never plays for Villa again,

There's something wrong with you.

• Like 1

One of the finest players to wear our shirt, a magical player who I'll never forget. Thanks for all the amazing memories Emi. A club legend.

13 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

Personally hope he breaks his leg first game, never plays for Villa again, and they get relegated. 

Pathetic. 

Let me guess, you also read the Daily Express, go to the Costa Del Sol and complain that some people are speaking Spanish, are on your third party wall dispute (having driven away two sets of next door neighbours) and your main hobby is standing outside your local pubs with a decibel metre to see if you can submit a complaint to environmental health as you don't like the idea of other people having friends. 

Its a special kind of bitterness to wish that a professional football player breaks their leg for something as trivial as changing employers, not least one who just won us the league and the associated £100m to £120m in revenue on top of £30m in profit from the transfer fee, you complete pillock. Loser. Scum even. 

I'm glad that Norwich fans like you are in a very small minority. Do us all a favour and buy a Man Utd shirt, 98% of us don't want you.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pathetic. 

Let me guess, you also read the Daily Express, go to the Costa Del Sol and complain that some people are speaking Spanish, are on your third party wall dispute (having driven away two sets of next door neighbours) and your main hobby is standing outside your local pubs with a decibel metre to see if you can submit a complaint to environmental health as you don't like the idea of other people having friends. 

Its a special kind of bitterness to wish that a professional football player breaks their leg for something as trivial as changing employers, not least one who just won us the league and the associated £100m to £120m in revenue on top of £30m in profit from the transfer fee, you complete pillock. Loser. Scum even. 

I'm glad that Norwich fans like you are in a very small minority. Do us all a favour and buy a Man Utd shirt, 98% of us don't want you.

I very much agree with all of that.

• Like 1

Good luck to the lad, has given me some of the best memories I have seen of Norwich in full flowing football mode.

I wish him all the best (except against us) and hope that he goes on to represent his country.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He’s not a Norwich player any more and the way he has jumped ship leaves a sour taste in the mouth. I hope his career flops from now on to be honest. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pathetic. 

Let me guess your one of those guardian readers who moan about the state of the environment but drive a Range Rover and have the heating on always. Moan about capitalism and pushes marxist politics even though your life is built on the back of hard working people in the country. Do one and go live in Venezuela.

• Like 1