Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Calm down guys

8 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

No it is saying £15m won’t replace Emi- so we will be weaker there 

it won’t easily replace skipp - so ditto 

so before we actually improve on last seasons team we have massive gaps to fill and not enough cash to easily fill them. 

How do you know, £1.5m ( rose to £5m ) replaced Maddison and I bet if I look back you told us how selling Maddison would be the end of the club.

38 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I believe they will be at full capacity from August 

No chance, third wave has started. Might be allowed some at Carrow Road but we'll be back to regional lockdowns in no time. 

I'm not convinced football grounds will be at full capacity next season especially over the winter months when the virus is most likely to spread. We will be living with covid as a problem for a few more years to come yet, the vaccine will not eradicate it.

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

From a business point of view what is wrong with that?

don’t get me wrong it hurts that we have sold Emi 

It’s not what sport or supporting a Football club is about is it. It’s what Delia & co have turned us into and many of our fans appear completely brainwashed. 

• Like 1

I am certainly brainwashed then. Football is a team game. So the better group of players means the better league position. That's the principle. Now none of us know what the outcome will be from spending £35 million.

And thats what supporting a club is all about.

I think we have the best ownership and management we have ever had. I will be back at Xmas hoping I am right.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

It’s not what sport or supporting a Football club is about is it. It’s what Delia & co have turned us into and many of our fans appear completely brainwashed. 

Brainwashed.

Nope. Just understand modern football and realise that clubs much bigger and richer than us still have to sell their best players.

2 hours ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

I am certainly brainwashed then. Football is a team game. So the better group of players means the better league position. That's the principle. Now none of us know what the outcome will be from spending £35 million.

And thats what supporting a club is all about.

I think we have the best ownership and management we have ever had. I will be back at Xmas hoping I am right.

I highly doubt we will spend all of the transfer money received from Emi's sale.  And to be honest, I'd rather that than pissing it away on crap loans again - depressing as either option is.

10 hours ago,  Jim Smith said: 

The club don’t care about staying up. They just need to dip into the premier league riches often enough to pay for a few more years of running the club rather than the owners have to put anything in. 

From a business point of view what is wrong with that?

Well, as has been expressed in not so many words previously on PinkUn ....... what is the end game? Endlessly keep yo-yoing, winning a Trophy every other year-upholding the monicker Top 26? If we are unable to secure enough funds either to keep the likes of Emi or replace like-for-like and are doomed for relegation next year, can I at least have something tangible to keep my interest....a Cup Run perhaps? 

Someone once said about failure - ‘Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome’ Maybe we have reached our level ? 

Will Watford sell Sarr, will Brentford sell Tooney, if they did would they accept £33m? Would any club sell its MAIN man to a rival and have its fans accept it. What's the point of life in the premiership? To make a fist of it or just take the money? What a miserable existance... and what will be spent on the first team? Already we are getting the covid black hole story and the money already going on the defence. Are we stronger now, 100% no... also if I am Max and Todd now, I am on the phone today, to my agent asking for a move to a bigger club. And according to a lot of people on here, you can't keep anyone unless they are the happiest player ever. Promotion seems so far long ago... 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Brainwashed.

Nope. Just understand modern football and realise that clubs much bigger and richer than us still have to sell their best players.

So you accept the owners have reach their ceiling and you are happy losing in the top flight week in week out? 

Why bother getting promoted then? Is it just for the money.. is football just existence to you? Maybe the big 6 idea would work for you and no promotion or relegation?

I so wish the owners would pass the batton on to those that could move us forward

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So you accept the owners have reach their ceiling and you are happy losing in the top flight week in week out? 

Why bother getting promoted then? Is it just for the money.. is football just existence to you? Maybe the big 6 idea would work for you and no promotion or relegation?

I so wish the owners would pass the batton on to those that could move us forward

Who are those ready to pick up the batton and take us forward? Just as you said there was no evidence that Emi had been given assurances he could leave this summer should a club of interest to him come along, where is your evidence of all these people ready to take us forward? There isn’t any.

Anyway, if each time we sell one good player and replace them with two, then actually we will continue to move forward. No reason why we have to plateau at all. I suppose it comes down to how much faith you have in Webber and Farke? I’m guessing not much by the tone of your comments and the sky falling in, but I have plenty.

• Like 2

I live in the Midlands and the reports on Emi’s imminent arrival are slightly different with regards the fee. Now I am not saying they are correct but in the Midlands the quotes are ‘ Villa are about to smash their club record signing fee by paying £40 million plus for Norwich’s Emi Bundeia ‘. They also go on to say there are huge sell on fees.

As I say not sure if these reports are accurate, but they certainly tell a different story.

16 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Nope. Because I believe that we still have fantastic owners alongside their excellent recruitment of Webber and the rest of his team, who I think will now spend a decent sum this summer to try and make us more competitive as a team over the whole pitch.

I'm excited for this season, excited to see who we sign and excited to see if we can stay up this season. The promoted sides are always favourite for relegation so the fact we get relegated is hardly a surprise, spending other people's money has no guarantees regardless so im happy to see how this plays out.

But I guess that's cos I'm a NCFC fan.

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Who are those ready to pick up the batton and take us forward? Just as you said there was no evidence that Emi had been given assurances he could leave this summer should a club of interest to him come along, where is your evidence of all these people ready to take us forward? There isn’t any.

Anyway, if each time we sell one good player and replace them with two, then actually we will continue to move forward. No reason why we have to plateau at all. I suppose it comes down to how much faith you have in Webber and Farke? I’m guessing not much by the tone of your comments and the sky falling in, but I have plenty.

So we are the only premiership club in history not attractive to investment? Villa did it in two weeks... its a ridiculous and frankly daft argument. Just admit that the current owners are not interested in selling, so we have to accept we have zero cash flow, needed when in the top flight. Thats 100% the case and I would respect people more if they just admitted that. You are happy with it, I loathe seeing a once in a generation player like Emi leave on the cheap...

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nope. Because I believe that we still have fantastic owners alongside their excellent recruitment of Webber and the rest of his team, who I think will now spend a decent sum this summer to try and make us more competitive as a team over the whole pitch.

I'm excited for this season, excited to see who we sign and excited to see if we can stay up this season. The promoted sides are always favourite for relegation so the fact we get relegated is hardly a surprise, spending other people's money has no guarantees regardless so im happy to see how this plays out.

I would question how any real City fan could be so happy losing our talisman. Strange...

Edited by Kenny Foggo

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Indeed Alex, one of our biggest problems last time was the physicality. Teams like West Ham and even Burnley ( with respect to Burnley ) simply blew us away. Going by the players being linked with ourselves we are looking to put this right.

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

So we are the only premiership club in history not attractive to investment? Villa did it in two weeks... its a ridiculous and frankly daft argument. Just admit that the current owners are not interested in selling, so we have to accept we have zero cash flow, needed when in the top flight. Thats 100% the case and I would respect people more if they just admitted that. You are happy with it, I loathe seeing a once in a generation player like Emi leave on the cheap...

The current owners aren't interested in selling to "just anybody" . Thats the difference. They have a level of care towards this club that most owners don't, because the majority have no emotional attachment.

So we won't sell to a random consortium just because they've got billions of pounds - because we've seen they can destroy a club and leave it for dead.

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

I would question how any real City fan could be so happy losing our talisman. Starnge...

Weird that you're making things up. At what point have I said I'm happy to lose Emi?

Please quote, or else stop talking ****.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I would question how any real City fan could be so happy losing our talisman. Starnge...

I can’t be bothered to look it up but did you say the same when we sold Maddison ? And if you did do you think you were right or wrong ?

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Weird that you're making things up. At what point have I said I'm happy to lose Emi?

Strawmen's all they've got. It's perfectly possible to be irritated at the reality of the sale whilst also accepting that there are good sides to it, such as confirmation of our ability to develop youngsters and financially profit handsomely.

What we've done since Webber and Farke have come in regarding playing good football whilst being financially prudent and developing our facilities has been outstanding work, really.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Brainwashed.

Exactly this, Harry Kane being prime example of this. Unless you're Man City or Chelsea in this country then you're a selling club, we're moving into territory where even Real and Barca are probably going to become one of them too. 

45 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Will Watford sell Sarr, will Brentford sell Tooney, if they did would they accept £33m? Would any club sell its MAIN man to a rival and have its fans accept it. What's the point of life in the premiership? To make a fist of it or just take the money? What a miserable existance... and what will be spent on the first team? Already we are getting the covid black hole story and the money already going on the defence. Are we stronger now, 100% no... also if I am Max and Todd now, I am on the phone today, to my agent asking for a move to a bigger club. And according to a lot of people on here, you can't keep anyone unless they are the happiest player ever. Promotion seems so far long ago... 

So do something about it, organise a protest despite all the moaning over the years the last successful protest was the Worthy Out campaign. 

As fans of a club this size we have to believe in the processes, the only alternative is vocal protests, whinging on social media won't wash. 

If people need to support a club that can compete with the big boys, and isn't under threat of losing the crown jewels consistently, then I'm not sure clubs like Norwich are the club for them. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Apparently I too am also happy to lose Emi, Hogesar! But I guess if we scream loud enough Emi, Aston Villa, and ourselves will all have a change of heart so I suppose it’s worth a go pushing the hysterical button. 

But seriously, perhaps Emi made it a far easier pill to swallow for some of us the moment it was clear he himself wanted out. 

But more importantly, when in the cold light of day, your opinion is that you trust Webber and Farke implicitly to have things in hand then I’m not really bothered if some guys in the US quite frankly found Aston Villa to be a club where as businessmen they felt they could make more money. Because that’s the only thing they’re looking at when deciding what club that want to buy.

Put it this way, I’m pretty sure there actually aren’t any billionaires sat around out there dreaming of taking Norwich to the Champions League final. And haven’t been since the advent of the sheikhs, tycoons, and oligarchs that have bought up the biggest clubs in England today. Harsh, but almost certainly, true.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Obviously it is absolutely gutting to lose a player of Emi's quality, and very odd to sell after a promotion rather than after a relegation.

But I think it is more than obvious that we needed to sell somebody this summer to finance bringing this squad up to Premier League standard.

I would have chosen Aarons to raise the £30m+, but who knows what promises were made to Emi to keep him on board for last season? 

If we promised him a move this summer, in order to keep him to win promotion, then how exactly do you go back on that promise? I've always had a suspicion that this is not only how we got Emi back on board but also Cantwell.

Lets hope that Cantwell can be tempted to pen a new deal, and that this means we get Max for more year?

I think keeping Air Rons could be key, I believe he could be easily converted to a R wing back,he's played that role for England u21's and could act as an Emi replacement. 

32 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed Alex, one of our biggest problems last time was the physicality. Teams like West Ham and even Burnley ( with respect to Burnley ) simply blew us away. Going by the players being linked with ourselves we are looking to put this right.

Out of likes, WBB, but my feeling entirely.

I get people gutted to see Emi go, of course, but we have a whole damn transfer window to come yet! So I don’t get people not at least having the decency to give Webber and Farke the benefit of the doubt regarding knowing exactly what they’re doing. Both guys are incredibly meticulous, as meticulous as I’ve ever known at the club - we will have been planning for this situation for quite some time, that you can guarantee. I’m very calm about it and am looking forward as to how we can strengthen a first 11 and squad for the Premier League rather than just an individual. This could end up working in our favour.

• Like 1

Funny how the "we shall not criticise the owners" brigade dish out the "but we are real City fans".. you give it back and its insult central. Pathetic really... 

1. Since the "model" was instigated has the 1st team improved

2. Who paid for our new training facilities?

3. Are we getting left behind by Leicester, wolves, teams that are 100% the same as us

4. Do you really believe their is no investment out there and do you think Man City fans hate their owners?

I know you hate to see the model criticised but show me were the 1st team is stronger. Thats the plan.

51 minutes ago, hogesar said:

But I guess that's cos I'm a NCFC fan...

As long as you write **** like this you will get it back.

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Funny how the "we shall not criticise the owners" brigade dish out the "but we are real City fans".. you give it back and its insult central. Pathetic really... 

3. Are we getting left behind by Leicester, wolves, teams that are 100% the same as us

4. Do you really believe their is no investment out there and do you think Man City fans hate their owners?

I know you hate to see the model criticised but show me were the 1st team is stronger. Thats the plan.

You tell me. Our first game with this "model":

Gunn; Franke, Zimmermann, Martin; Husband, Vrancic, Reed, Maddison, Wildschut; Jerome, Watkins.

Our 'standard' XI in the second half of this season:

Krul; Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Giannoulis; Skipp, McLean, Buendia, Dowell, Cantwell; Pukki.

Which team do you prefer?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Jeez, you definitely need a cup of green tea, Foggo. I don’t see anyone disagreeing with you in an insulting manner, you are getting wound up and taking things way too personally - in fairness the strongest reaction I saw fired back to you was in response to you perhaps being a little insulting yourself because you don’t like people who have a different viewpoint. 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

You tell me. Our first game with this "model":

Gunn; Franke, Zimmermann, Martin; Husband, Vrancic, Reed, Maddison, Wildschut; Jerome, Watkins.

Our 'standard' XI in the second half of this season:

Krul; Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Giannoulis; Skipp, McLean, Buendia, Dowell, Cantwell; Pukki.

Which team do you prefer?

A very good point well made as per usual, Wolfie 👍