Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Here's the silver lining, guys.

9 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I get the impression that if Skipp were available to buy, a bigger club than us would muscle in and outbid us. 

And then Skipp risks putting himself in the same boat at Spurs. 

Sensible people will be talking to Skipp and telling him this is his chance to play week in week out in the EPL. Not many clubs can guarantee that, and none that require zero time to settle and integrate. He'll also look at Buendia, Godfrey etc, and know his route to the top won't be blocked, and in truth probably improved. He's only 20 remember, he has plenty of time to reach the top. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Skipp sign in a heavily structured deal, one that probably allows Spurs to sign him back if they wish. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

12 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Still think it’s not him

It blatantly is. 

How many young men with footballers legs, identical hair and profile and boot on the right foot are looking at properties today. Get a grip lol. 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

And then Skipp risks putting himself in the same boat at Spurs. 

Sensible people will be talking to Skipp and telling him this is his chance to play week in week out in the EPL. Not many clubs can guarantee that, and none that require zero time to settle and integrate. He'll also look at Buendia, Godfrey etc, and know his route to the top won't be blocked, and in truth probably improved. He's only 20 remember, he has plenty of time to reach the top. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Skipp sign in a heavily structured deal, one that probably allows Spurs to sign him back if they wish. 

Fair point. Could be a classic "buy for £10m and you have a clause to buy him back for £25m" at any time case. Obviously, those numbers were just hurled at random but the basic principle is not completely out of the question, and Spurs probably need some cash to get a chest of their own to keep Kane happy.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fair point. Could be a classic "buy for £10m and you have a clause to buy him back for £25m" at any time case. Obviously, those numbers were just hurled at random but the basic principle is not completely out of the question, and Spurs probably need some cash to get a chest of their own to keep Kane happy.

They certainly need to spend big, that’s for sure, and every bit will help - especially for a player who is not guaranteed to make their starting 11 

The morning after the day before.

May be an image of brick wall and door

I was in the city this morning and took this photo of 32 & 34 Duke Street directly opposite The Golden Star PH @Feedthewolf'.

Behind these doors are two rental properties as identified earlier on this thread by @canarydan23

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was in the city this morning and took this photo of 32 & 34 Duke Street directly opposite The Golden Star PH @Feedthewolf'.

Behind these doors are two rental properties as identified earlier on this thread by @canarydan23

Yep. My friend also said that an ex-NCFC player had lived there in the past when he was playing for us (he didn't say who, though). That should hopefully assuage any remaining doubters.

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Get any prints on the door handle? Any witnesses? Did it still smell like Oliver Skipp?

• Haha 2

On 05/06/2021 at 23:22, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I get the impression that if Skipp were available to buy, a bigger club than us would muscle in and outbid us. 

Such as?

On 05/06/2021 at 18:58, Feedthewolf said:

Skippy will be back next season. 

https://twitter.com/knowleb/status/1401236473710514181/photo/1

Whether permanent or loan I'm not sure, but I can guarantee 100% that this photo was taken in Norwich today and it's definitely Oliver Skipp (look at the protective boot).

This is some grade A doxxing.

There is no chance Norwich have agreed a deal with Tottenham for Skipp (loan or permanent) as they don't even have a manager in place. Not to add the fact that Levy has gone public with the club's intention to build around its youth players - if Skipp is allowed to go on loan again I can't see it happening until the very end of the window when the new manager has had a chance to assess his squad. Skipp's injury means he won't likely be in training until August so will delay that process.

Skipp was probably in Norwich to return the keys on the house he was renting for the previous season. 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

There is no chance Norwich have agreed a deal with Tottenham for Skipp (loan or permanent) as they don't even have a manager in place. Not to add the fact that Levy has gone public with the club's intention to build around its youth players - if Skipp is allowed to go on loan again I can't see it happening until the very end of the window when the new manager has had a chance to assess his squad. Skipp's injury means he won't likely be in training until August so will delay that process.

Skipp was probably in Norwich to return the keys on the house he was renting for the previous season. 

😢

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Agree with the first two paragraphs but the third seems a bit of a guess. 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Agree with the first two paragraphs but the third seems a bit of a guess. 

It definitely is a guess, but to me the most logical reason why he'd be outside a rented accomodation in Norwich right now. 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It definitely is a guess, but to me the most logical reason why he'd be outside a rented accomodation in Norwich right now. 

Wouldn't he just Courier the keys back?

50 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Wouldn't he just Courier the keys back?

Yeah. Why drive from London to return keys? Even I would rather pay to send them back than to do it in person and my disposable income is not quite at his level. No chance he'd come back specifically for this (if he is already in the area, then, that's a different thing).

Edited by All the Germans

5 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Yeah. Why drive from London to return keys? Even I would rather pay to send them back than to do it in person and my disposable income is not quite at his level. No chance he'd come back specifically for this (if he is already in the area, then, that's a different thing).

I believe that the club deals with the rental properties itself, as in it has a portfolio of properties available for players to loan. I find it highly unlikely that both Skipp and his partner would need to be there in person just to return the keys to a property that the club has provided for one of its players.

I am still confident that he was looking at this house rather than handing back his keys, which leads me to be confident that he's looking to rent in Norwich for next season.

If it does turn out that I have the wrong end of the stick, I will be both surprised and extremely apologetic. I was simply trying to provide a possible ray of light to fans at a difficult time, and if it ends up backfiring spectacularly then naturally I will have learnt my lesson and face whatever flak comes my way.

I highly doubt it's him returning anything, or inspecting the property after renting it out.  The club surely have people who look after that for players.

I wonder whether it's more likely that Skipp is just investing some money and looking to buy a few properties in the city.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I believe that the club deals with the rental properties itself, as in it has a portfolio of properties available for players to loan. I find it highly unlikely that both Skipp and his partner would need to be there in person just to return the keys to a property that the club has provided for one of its players.

I am still confident that he was looking at this house rather than handing back his keys, which leads me to be confident that he's looking to rent in Norwich for next season.

If it does turn out that I have the wrong end of the stick, I will be both surprised and extremely apologetic. I was simply trying to provide a possible ray of light to fans at a difficult time, and if it ends up backfiring spectacularly then naturally I will have learnt my lesson and face whatever flak comes my way.

There would be no need to apologise and you should receive no flak for it. That doesn't mean you won't, but you shouldn't...

On the Phil Lythgoe AIY podcast, he indicates that some players need the club to hold their hands in everything when they move, and others only want a hello at Colney before going off and handling it all themselves.

Could see Skipp being one of the latter.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

No need to apologise whatever happens, Wolfie.

But let’s be honest, who honestly thinks Oliver Skipp has travelled up from London just to hand some keys back!

I see absolutely no reason why Skipp, Tottenham, and ourselves can’t have concluded a deal already. The fact they don’t have a manager doesn’t mean the world will stand still for them, and regardless, it’s hardly loaning out Harry Kane is it? 

27 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I highly doubt it's him returning anything, or inspecting the property after renting it out.  The club surely have people who look after that for players.

I wonder whether it's more likely that Skipp is just investing some money and looking to buy a few properties in the city.

No, the property he was looking at (or not!) is only available for rent. It was posted on here and verified over the weekend, but I don't want to dredge it all up again as I'm already feeling a bit silly for having posted it in the first place.

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

No, the property he was looking at (or not!) is only available for rent. It was posted on here and verified over the weekend, but I don't want to dredge it all up again as I'm already feeling a bit silly for having posted it in the first place.

Meh, the intent was kind. Don't sweat it.

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You have nothing to feel silly about, Wolfie. It’s created a great talking point around all the morbidity of Emi actually, so thank you. We shall see what happens anyway, but as there’s no confirmation on Skipp’s future yet, you could still well prove to be right.

39 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The guy who works on lot of Norwich players’ cars had the following to say on the picture when Talk Norwich City posted it.

F7538CC3-2F73-4BEA-A6FD-F280639C6EDE.thumb.jpeg.32c328f7ab520ff3666135b3fc66993e.jpeg

Likely because of the lack of a coach at Spurs rather than a desire to come back to us.

49 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The guy who works on lot of Norwich players’ cars had the following to say on the picture when Talk Norwich City posted it.

F7538CC3-2F73-4BEA-A6FD-F280639C6EDE.thumb.jpeg.32c328f7ab520ff3666135b3fc66993e.jpeg

Even if he did know otherwise, I would highly doubt Oliver Skipp would be so silly as to say anything else to be honest, Bethnal - that Instagram post doesn’t mean anything either way with the greatest of respect. 

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Even if he did know otherwise, I would highly doubt Oliver Skipp would be so silly as to say anything else to be honest, Bethnal - that Instagram post doesn’t mean anything either way with the greatest of respect. 

No but it does give a reason why he was in Norwich when the photo was taken.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

No but it does give a reason why he was in Norwich when the photo was taken.

Valid point, KC - assuming that house in the photo belongs to someone from The Body Centre then?