Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Here's the silver lining, guys.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Valid point, KC - assuming that house in the photo belongs to someone from The Body Centre then? 

Either that or he did live there and figured he'd drop a key back when he came to collect his car.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Either that or he did live there and figured he'd drop a key back when he came to collect his car.

That is plausible, I guess. The house where the picture was taken is definitely available for rent - the rightmove link was posted on here previously.

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Would make equal sense, I can see that, KC. I guess we’ll all find out in the fullness of time!

24 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If Skipp was available for, let's say, £20m (or anything in our price range) then wouldn't you think several other Premier League clubs would be interested?

As good as he is I think part of what made him look so great is that he's a perfect fit for us. Teams like Burnley and Palace or other lower PL teams look for a different profile of CM with more size and experience and he's probably not quite good enough yet for the footballing teams to justify spending 20m on. 

Don't get me wrong I'm sure clubs like Southampton, Everton or Villa would have him, but I don't think he's better than what they already have and wouldn't spend that kind of money on competition. For us however I think he would be worth an investment. Not 20m though, more like 12 rising to 15 with a buy back option for Spurs and a relegation cut price sale clause

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah but can he get passed 10mph in the city centre with it?

I blame the pedestrianisation.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If Skipp was available for, let's say, £20m (or anything in our price range) then wouldn't you think several other Premier League clubs would be interested?

I can't imagine Levy would cash in on a talented young English player who is a Spurs fan, it just makes no sense.

I'm aware that I've taken a bit of a leap of faith in sharing this, and I probably shouldn't have (even though, as I said, I can vouch 100% for the person who took the photo).

I'm still optimistic that he was being shown around the place with a view to renting it next year. Makes sense that he'd sort his car out while he was house hunting, just can't see why he'd have to turn up in his protective boot, with his partner, just to hand the keys back on a rental property that was organised through the club.

It could well be that, for example, he spoke to Levy and said that given the uncertainty with the new manager and the experienced players ahead of him in the pecking order, he thinks it'd best serve his interests to come back to Norwich for another season to play PL football with team-mates, coaching staff and tactics he's familiar with. Norwich would obviously have been desperate to make it happen, so I really don't think it's that much of a stretch.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I can't imagine Levy would cash in on a talented young English player who is a Spurs fan, it just makes no sense.

I'm aware that I've taken a bit of a leap of faith in sharing this, and I probably shouldn't have (even though, as I said, I can vouch 100% for the person who took the photo).

I'm still optimistic that he was being shown around the place with a view to renting it next year. Makes sense that he'd sort his car out while he was house hunting, just can't see why he'd have to turn up in his protective boot, with his partner, just to hand the keys back on a rental property that was organised through the club.

It could well be that, for example, he spoke to Levy and said that given the uncertainty with the new manager and the experienced players ahead of him in the pecking order, he thinks it'd best serve his interests to come back to Norwich for another season to play PL football with team-mates, coaching staff and tactics he's familiar with. Norwich would obviously have been desperate to make it happen, so I really don't think it's that much of a stretch.

Certainly possible, especially as Skipp was proactive in getting his loan in the first place. Why wouldn't he be proactively seeking assurances that he could get the big game time he's after in a Spurs shirt? Furthermore, if it is still up in the air due to the lack of a manager, why wouldn't he take a look again at Norwich knowing he's settled as you said?

Like Webber, he looks like he wants his business sorted quickly so he can get on with what he does best.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Certainly possible, especially as Skipp was proactive in getting his loan in the first place. Why wouldn't he be proactively seeking assurances that he could get the big game time he's after in a Spurs shirt? Furthermore, if it is still up in the air due to the lack of a manager, why wouldn't he take a look again at Norwich knowing he's settled as you said?

Like Webber, he looks like he wants his business sorted quickly so he can get on with what he does best.

Especially in the light of what's happened in the last 24 hours, I think we'd all like me to be right, wouldn't we? 😉

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I agree completely, and intimated as much earlier in the thread.

I'm just speaking hypothetically- if Skipp was available for sale, we'd have a lot of competition for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I agree completely, and intimated as much earlier in the thread.

I'm just speaking hypothetically- if Skipp was available for sale, we'd have a lot of competition for him.

Off the top of my head, and depending what formation the new manager plays, he'd be competing with Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Dier, Sissoko and Alli for a maximum of three midfield places. I wouldn't blame him for thinking his best chance of breaking into the Spurs team is by performing well with us in the PL.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Off the top of my head, and depending what formation the new manager plays, he'd be competing with Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Dier, Sissoko and Alli for a maximum of three midfield places. I wouldn't blame him for thinking his best chance of breaking into the Spurs team is by performing well with us in the PL.

Yep, I agree with you there too about the competition for places, although Dier has been used almost exclusively as a centre back for a couple of years now. You could also argue that Alli and Lo Celso are attacking midfielders, but even competing with the other four for two places, it's going to be tough to jump ahead of them.

Although saying that, Spurs' pool of central midfielders doesn't excite me, so if I were Spurs I'd consider selling two of them, investing the money raised (plus some of the Kane money?) in a top midfielder and then adding Skipp to the first team as he wouldn't cost anything.

I’m guessing Spurs will see the Euro Conference League as the perfect competition to bed in some of their younger players like Skipp and maybe even Parrott. Get them regular minutes in that competition, along with league and FA Cup to build them up to being first team players. 

It’s a big summer for Spurs and hard to know how it will pan out. Things might open up for Skipp or they could end up with him being pushed out. Personally, I think it is unlikely he’ll go out on loan - Spurs will probably want a biggish squad to deal with the League and Europe campaign - Skipp is young enough that he can get into both squads without taking up a registration spot which will be very attractive to Tottenham. 

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’m guessing Spurs will see the Euro Conference League as the perfect competition to bed in some of their younger players like Skipp and maybe even Parrott. Get them regular minutes in that competition, along with league and FA Cup to build them up to being first team players. 

It’s a big summer for Spurs and hard to know how it will pan out. Things might open up for Skipp or they could end up with him being pushed out. Personally, I think it is unlikely he’ll go out on loan - Spurs will probably want a biggish squad to deal with the League and Europe campaign - Skipp is young enough that he can get into both squads without taking up a registration spot which will be very attractive to Tottenham. 

Insightful, logical and well-thought-out as ever, Bethnal.

Still hope you're wrong, though 🙂

On 05/06/2021 at 22:38, CANARYKING said:

Isn't it amazing that buendia, according to most, wanted to go allegedly sothe club just had to sell. 

Yet the same people are happy to say levy wouldn't sell skipp to us, regardless of what skipp himself wanted. 

Perhaps our club just has no guts, hence the absolute state of people getting upset about a few sponsors videos. 

Edited by Wrathofthefarkely

11 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Isn't it amazing that buendia, according to most, wanted to go allegedly sothe club just had to sell. 

Yet the same people are happy to say levy wouldn't sell skipp to us, regardless of what skipp himself wanted. 

Perhaps our club just has no guts, hence the absolute state of people getting upset about a few sponsors videos. 

I'm saying Levy wouldn't sell Skipp to us precisely because of what Skipp himself wants. He is a Spurs fan and has stated many times his desire to play for Spurs in the long term.

As for the videos, it takes more guts to stand up against objectivisation of women than it does to say "ah it's only a bit of harmless banter". If you came home and found your ten-year-old daughter watching 'that' hotdog video, would that just be a bit of a laugh to you?

43 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

just can't see why he'd have to turn up in his protective boot, with his partner, just to hand the keys back on a rental property that was organised through the club.

It also begs the question, do you return the key to the property or the agent's office? I am sure the club would have sorted those details wouldn't they?

Just now, Daz Sparks said:

It also begs the question, do you return the key to the property or the agent's office? I am sure the club would have sorted those details wouldn't they?

Even when I was renting digs in Norwich in my 20s, you just handed the keys back to the office along with an inventory form, and they either returned or didn't return your damage deposit based on what they found when they went round there. Saves their agents having to make a trip to the property when the tenant could just drop it into them at the office.

23 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Do you think that would be more preferable to Spurs than him playing every week in the PL? I can kind of see if both ways.

I do wonder what Skipp would prefer.

20 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Do you think that would be more preferable to Spurs than him playing every week in the PL? I can kind of see if both ways.

I do wonder what Skipp would prefer.

There is an argument that sending him to a Championship club that is trying to win every week is better than a PL club battling relegation. Tottenham certainly referenced the pressure to win at Norwich being appealing when they looked for loans last season, I believe there was at least one Prem club in for him last season but they wanted him more for the squad than first team. 

With Euro League and cups as well as occasional games in the league for Spurs he could probably get circa 1500min for them. They may consider that more valuable than minutes in a different team that plays a different system. 

33 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Even when I was renting digs in Norwich in my 20s, you just handed the keys back to the office along with an inventory form, and they either returned or didn't return your damage deposit based on what they found when they went round there. Saves their agents having to make a trip to the property when the tenant could just drop it into them at the office.

I still think you might be on to something, Wolfie. If Skipp’s coming back then it won’t be at the tail end of the window. Webber won’t be signing such crucial players to fit in after we’ve played most or all of our preseason games. He’ll want them in ASAP. Whether that suits Spurs I don’t know, but as none of us know what they’re thinking then there’s every chance that they’ll be happy for him to play for us next season. Not just a few European games here or there before they invariably get knocked out, I mean a full Premier League season which is likely exactly what he’d get here. 

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Hmm, not sure. A couple maybe. But he has really only had one season in the Champs. And while he was very good in a lot of games he wasn't always as effective against the better sides in the league.

52 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I still think you might be on to something, Wolfie. If Skipp’s coming back then it won’t be at the tail end of the window. Webber won’t be signing such crucial players to fit in after we’ve played most or all of our preseason games. He’ll want them in ASAP. Whether that suits Spurs I don’t know, but as none of us know what they’re thinking then there’s every chance that they’ll be happy for him to play for us next season. Not just a few European games here or there before they invariably get knocked out, I mean a full Premier League season which is likely exactly what he’d get here. 

Remember we signed Krul relatively early on in the window because Webber wasn't prepared to wait around to see if Angus Gunn would be available again.

Paddy Davitt or the young lad reported that Webber said we'd sign Skipp on the last hour of the window if that's what needed to happen. We'd still sign others and just take the risk of being overloaded in the middle a bit.

16 minutes ago, GJP said:

Hmm, not sure. A couple maybe. But he has really only had one season in the Champs. And while he was very good in a lot of games he wasn't always as effective against the better sides in the league.

But he was a key player for England U21s in the latest cycle and one of the top young players in the Championship last season. He'd certainly have Premier League suitors.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Remember we signed Krul relatively early on in the window because Webber wasn't prepared to wait around to see if Angus Gunn would be available again.

Yep, this is why I don’t expect Nyland to be coming back.

And as I’m on the subject - how the HELL did he pick up a winners medal?! 

21 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He's a goalie. Good hands, innit.

51 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

' how the HELL did he pick up a winners medal'

By being on the team sheet as the trophy and medals were handed out. If it makes you feel better he gave his medal to someone else, I think one of the youth players.