Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The 'I hate Villa' thread

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Banter! Definitely, blind arrogance no great lover off, I suppose you love Leeds fans banter too! 

I'm not bothered about Leeds fans one way or the other. All fans give it the same. We're no better or worse. 

24 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

😆 Obviously I had food on the mind. Sadly I’m too hungry to think of another food related pun 

There's no point scratching around for a joke. Have a boiled egg and think about it.

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Vile club to be honest. No, I'm not 'salty' at all and I'm not crying I swear

😭

Vile?? I understand why you're upset but that's just bizarre. Why? What have they done?

I've seen a lot of posts on here recently like this. Every time we have even the smallest issue with a club suddenly their club/fans/owners are all c*nts.

You're making us look like stereotypical small club yokels. 

OTBC

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Vile?? I understand why you're upset but that's just bizarre. Why? What have they done?

I've seen a lot of posts on here recently like this. Every time we have even the smallest issue with a club suddenly their club/fans/owners are all c*nts.

OTBC

👏👏👏👏

23 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

Spot on

I don’t hate Villa (although having lived in Brum much prefer the Blues fans as Villa fans are a right bunch of moaners) but I am envious of them as they have seized on their chance having got back to the top level in a way we simply won’t do. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

I don’t hate Villa (although having lived in Brum much prefer the Blues fans as Villa fans are a right bunch of moaners) but I am envious of them as they have seized on their chance having got back to the top level in a way we simply won’t do. 

😂

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

It’s hard to do that when we finished rock bottom and never once looked capable of staying up. Actions speak louder than words and PL survival must now be the expectation to justify this sale, otherwise what exactly is the point in us ever being here? The rest of the league will look at this as a complete lack of ambition. His job now is to justify it and prove them wrong 

Mainly as we had three centre-halves out of four missing for at least half of it.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Mainly as we had three centre-halves out of four missing for at least half of it.

That certainly didn’t help what was already an incredibly hard task. But there can be no doubt that this sale has sent a signal of our intentions to the rest of the league and it’s a clear sign that Aarons is also available. 

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

That certainly didn’t help what was already an incredibly hard task. But there can be no doubt that this sale has sent a signal of our intentions to the rest of the league and it’s a clear sign that Aarons is also available. 

If a good bid comes in at a time where we also have time to strengthen, all our crown jewels are available, so Aarons is always available. That's precisely how this works. Our success depends on our ability to polish youngsters up, our ability to keep a stream of them coming through, and our scouting to find these and players of better, more proven ability at relatively low cost.

Several German clubs, the most high-profile being Dortmund, essentially work on the same model. Buy promising, polish up, sell and buy better. That reputation for development is why they're at the stage where they have Sancho, Bellingham, and Haaland right now. Reckon their fans were pissed when Aubameyang and Lewandowski went? Probably! Not to mention, Lewandowski went on a Bosman, so didn't even get a fee.

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

I don’t think a thread makes us look like the stereotypical small club, selling our best assets to survive does that! We all accept the model we have and agree that self funded means we stay at this small club level allowing our best players to be picked off by a club just above our level!

Until we actually start to invest any additional funds available back into our first team squad strengthening our standing we will always be regarded by others as that plucky little yo yo club by others. That’s just how it is. 

There’s plenty of other clubs which we will do the same too below us. In the premiership terms we are a small club, in the championship we’re a big club! Funny how one league makes such big difference….😂🤔

Edited by Indy

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine being able to buy any large mansion in Londons finest private communities you want while playing for Arsenal, competing for a trophy and to play in Europe.

Or you could be off to sunny Spain, in the beautiful city of Madrid no doubt, and play in the new wonderful Wanda Metro stadium, the always full 70,000 capacity stadium for a team that just won the league and will be aiming to do the same next season, and will be playing in the Champions Leauge with you..

And yet you would rather move to Birmingham. BIRMINGHAM. For a team thats hoping to avoid relegation.

Did Emi hit his head? Have Villas agents somehow pulled off the biggest footballing trick since Sol Campbell signed for Nots County?

I understand the fact that Villa were our equal competitors recently. Nevertheless the only really surprising aspect of the English game for me in recent decades (in terms of trophies) has been the lack of success in the 2nd City. Success always resides in London Manchester and Merseyside (with an outsider allowed in once in a while, a la Leicester). So to me Villa are the obvious club to be in the top 5. Personally I would of preferred EMI to go abroad, don’t fancy playing against him, but selfishly I’m quite pleased it wasn’t Arsenal.

He joins a long list of players who it’s been painful to see go, (No Reeves No Future) but I cannot remember one who appeared quite so irreplaceable. 
I’m no fan of the premiership but will approach it with extra trepidation this time, but what do I know, I predicted 8th last season!

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

If a good bid comes in at a time where we also have time to strengthen, all our crown jewels are available, so Aarons is always available. That's precisely how this works. Our success depends on our ability to polish youngsters up, our ability to keep a stream of them coming through, and our scouting to find these and players of better, more proven ability at relatively low cost.

Several German clubs, the most high-profile being Dortmund, essentially work on the same model. Buy promising, polish up, sell and buy better. That reputation for development is why they're at the stage where they have Sancho, Bellingham, and Haaland right now. Reckon their fans were pissed when Aubameyang and Lewandowski went? Probably! Not to mention, Lewandowski went on a Bosman, so didn't even get a fee.

Hard to continually strengthen with inferior players though

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Hard to continually strengthen with inferior players though

Yeah, as Buendia was inferior to Maddison, but probably has improved to a point where he's past him (this season will tell us more). Giannoulis now is better than Lewis then, Gibson now better than Godfrey then. Going further back, Gunn did fine, but Krul was eventually an improvement after a shaky start with us.

Not to mention there are always cases of weak players playing beyond their level as the manager's tactics suit them so well, and cases of strong players not quite fitting for similar purposes. The fact we went up having scored a record Championship points tally indicate that the ability to create a team out of disparate players is very much present.