Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The 'I hate Villa' thread

Not fuming at Villa. They’ve just landed Buendia for peanuts, who can blame them?

I’m fuming at the club for accepting such a poultry figure for a player who should be playing at the top. I’m fuming that our star player is going to a team that we should be aiming to compete with next season. I’m fuming that we were told we would only sell our players on to the ‘right team’. How the **** is Villa the right club? He’s just going to end up stuck there with an unattainable price tag on his head just like Grealish was and still is. Doesn’t he know this? And yes I’m also fuming that Buendia would even consider going there from us. He could've gone to a top top side, not ****ing Villa.

Absolutely shambolic from the club and the player.

We are just a joke to this league to be honest, this kind of thing just doesn’t happen to anyone else. Face it. Every neutral fan will be questioning every single aspect of this move and absolutely rightly ****ing so. It makes no sense.

Villa though have hit the jackpot here, bet they can’t believe their luck. They get to turn away the absolute pinnacle in this country who want Grealish, yet when they come in for Buendia we bow down to them and allow them to cherry pick our best player for a measly fee? Are we not closer to Villa in the footballing world than they are to the top sides? Clearly not - it’s a bit pathetic!

If we go down again after this I can’t imagine any neutral ever wishing to see Norwich City waste another spot in the premier league again. And who could blame them?

Gutted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ultralk26 said:

losers attitude, no wonder the Norwich board get away with it.

Unfortunately there’s a lot of truth in that and lots on here would have it no other way. 

It's gutting to see our best player move to what were our inferior competitors in recent times. Just goes to show we have our level and its 18th,19th,20th,1st,2nd

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Unfortunately there’s a lot of truth in that and lots on here would have it no other way. 

Next time it will be some other club, people need to see the lack of ambition in my opinion. 

Emi has agreed apparently had medical.

We have been sold short here Webbers passing shot is to shaft City.

11 minutes ago, pete said:

Emi has agreed apparently had medical.

We have been sold short here Webbers passing shot is to shaft City.

He must be on a sales cut! Awful business but not surprise. 

16 minutes ago, pete said:

£30m with no add ons according to BBC 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57371870

Clubs have agreed deal has Emi?

It states £30m initial fee PLUS add-ons and a sell-on fee. I assume the add-ons take it to the £35m “total” fee that pink un is quoting. Depressing either way. Imagine if Aarons goes now too (and who could begrudge him a move after all?). Skipp may come back on loan, but I doubt we’ll know for a long while 

Not sure I get the Villa hate. They were very respectful of us when we won the title there 2 seasons ago. Prefer proper clubs like them, Forest and Wednesday than ones like Bournemouth. 

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

Feel like I did when Pritchard went to Huddersfield. I think Emi could've done alot better.

I'm not sure it's fair to compare villa with Huddersfield. They are a huge club, fantastic history, have rich owners and who's to say they can't be another Leicester. EMI is irreplaceable but maybe we have a better chance staying up with less beautiful football, if we can invest in 4-5 good defensively solid players, we are always likely to nick a goal from Pukki,Cantwell,or dowell

51 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

I'm not sure it's fair to compare villa with Huddersfield. They are a huge club, fantastic history, have rich owners and who's to say they can't be another Leicester. EMI is irreplaceable but maybe we have a better chance staying up with less beautiful football, if we can invest in 4-5 good defensively solid players, we are always likely to nick a goal from Pukki,Cantwell,or dowell

Exactly my thinking. Farke's clearly drilled his team to be technically adept but to be more robust in defence when not in possession. Gibson and Giannoulis were both excellent signings and tbh, I'd be perfectly happy if that was the back four starting the season. I'm more concerned about defensive midfield but another Skipp loan would go a long way.

Makes me think of Lambert and Mings. 

Also John Robson, anyone remember him crippling Billy Steele, a promising young player, think it ended his career at 21.

5 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Not fuming at Villa. They’ve just landed Buendia for peanuts, who can blame them?

I’m fuming at the club for accepting such a poultry figure for a player who should be playing at the top. I’m fuming that our star player is going to a team that we should be aiming to compete with next season. I’m fuming that we were told we would only sell our players on to the ‘right team’. How the **** is Villa the right club? He’s just going to end up stuck there with an unattainable price tag on his head just like Grealish was and still is. Doesn’t he know this? And yes I’m also fuming that Buendia would even consider going there from us. He could've gone to a top top side, not ****ing Villa.

We are just a joke to this league to be honest, this kind of thing just doesn’t happen to anyone else. Face it. Every neutral fan will be questioning every single aspect of this move and absolutely rightly ****ing so. It makes no sense.

Villa though have hit the jackpot here, bet they can’t believe their luck. They get to turn away the absolute pinnacle in this country who want Grealish, yet when they come in for Buendia we bow down to them and allow them to cherry pick our best player for a measly fee? Are we not closer to Villa in the footballing world than they are to the top sides? Clearly not - it’s a bit pathetic!

If we go down again after this I can’t imagine any neutral ever wishing to see Norwich City waste another spot in the premier league again. And who could blame them?

Gutted. 

Absolutely this. 

Especially this:

"I’m fuming that our star player is going to a team that we should be aiming to compete with next season." 

Anyone but ducking Villa. Joke. 

3 minutes ago, interwebme said:

Absolutely this. 

Especially this:

"I’m fuming that our star player is going to a team that we should be aiming to compete with next season." 

Anyone but ducking Villa. Joke. 

Imagine being able to buy any large mansion in Londons finest private communities you want while playing for Arsenal, competing for a trophy and to play in Europe.

Or you could be off to sunny Spain, in the beautiful city of Madrid no doubt, and play in the new wonderful Wanda Metro stadium, the always full 70,000 capacity stadium for a team that just won the league and will be aiming to do the same next season, and will be playing in the Champions Leauge with you..

And yet you would rather move to Birmingham. BIRMINGHAM. For a team thats hoping to avoid relegation.

Did Emi hit his head? Have Villas agents somehow pulled off the biggest footballing trick since Sol Campbell signed for Nots County?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine being able to buy any large mansion in Londons finest private communities you want while playing for Arsenal, competing for a trophy and to play in Europe.

Or you could be off to sunny Spain, in the beautiful city of Madrid no doubt, and play in the new wonderful Wanda Metro stadium, the always full 70,000 capacity stadium for a team that just won the league and will be aiming to do the same next season, and will be playing in the Champions Leauge with you..

And yet you would rather move to Birmingham. BIRMINGHAM. For a team thats hoping to avoid relegation.

Did Emi hit his head? Have Villas agents somehow pulled off the biggest footballing trick since Sol Campbell signed for Nots County?

Don't know where you are getting your news from mate but we are hoping for Europe. Not trying to be antagonistic but that is a fact. We want to be playing in the champions league because that's the only way we will keep Jack. And we will keep putting in money until we do.

There is no chance we are battling relegation next year.

I hope you guys stay up, I don't understand your hatred of Villa but I'd rather have you guys in the league than Watford, Palace or Burnley so Good luck. 

It's posts like this why so many other clubs think we're a bit backward and tinpot..... 😉

13 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Gutted. 

We were labelled as embarrassing by the majority of the PL last time out. This time we’ve given the impression that we’ve thrown in the towel before a ball has been kicked. The only way this sale gets justified is survival next season now

13 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I’m fuming at the club for accepting such a poultry figure

Chicken feed hey!

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

We were labelled as embarrassing by the majority of the PL last time out. This time we’ve given the impression that we’ve thrown in the towel before a ball has been kicked. The only way this sale gets justified is survival next season now

F*** what the majority of the PL thinks. They don't understand anyway. As Webber would say, ignore the noise.

This is such an embarrassing topic for us. There's no reason to hate Villa. Delete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

F*** what the majority of the PL thinks. They don't understand anyway. As Webber would say, ignore the noise.

It’s hard to do that when we finished rock bottom and never once looked capable of staying up. Actions speak louder than words and PL survival must now be the expectation to justify this sale, otherwise what exactly is the point in us ever being here? The rest of the league will look at this as a complete lack of ambition. His job now is to justify it and prove them wrong 

Edited by Virtual reality

19 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

This is such an embarrassing topic for us. There's no reason to hate Villa. Delete.

Yes there is, Paul Lambert, they came here to our final home game and Villa fans were so arrogant about Lambert going to them, pre game we’re arseholes and during the match. The sort of arrogance you’d expect from Leeds fans.

Well that worked out well! Now we’ll see if Buendia can make that transition to a new team without Pukki, possibly with a weight of expectation which he never had here. Good luck to Buendia and he did a fantastic job here, now he’s just a Villa player so no great love from me.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yes there is, Paul Lambert, they came here to our final home game and Villa fans were so arrogant about Lambert going to them, pre game we’re arseholes and during the match. The sort of arrogance you’d expect from Leeds fans.

Well that worked out well! Now we’ll see if Buendia can make that transition to a new team without Pukki, possibly with a weight of expectation which he never had here. Good luck to Buendia and he did a fantastic job here, now he’s just a Villa player so no great love from me.

Diddums, you can't handle a bit of banter, enjoy your hatred. 

I wish Emi all the best. He's a Canary legend

6 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Diddums, you can't handle a bit of banter, enjoy your hatred. 

I wish Emi all the best. He's a Canary legend

Banter! Definitely, blind arrogance no great lover off, I suppose you love Leeds fans banter too! 

As for Buendia, like I said good luck to the lad was fantastic for us, but he’s now in a Villa shirt, so I’ve got no great love for him anymore, the same as others who move on, will always appreciate their efforts here, but they don’t wear our shirt and support should be given to our own.

Edited by Indy