Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The 'I hate Villa' thread

Unless that offer worth £35m includes Grealish moving the other way that’s a pretty awful piece of business and I hope things work out as well as they did for Lambert!

And after all that good will they built by being so gracious and hospitable to us when we won the title there. Im starting to think Villa don't actually worry what Norwich fans think after all...

I’ve tried to say is it really much different to Maddison to Leicester....but can’t fool myself.

Villa are an awful club with fans who are completely up their own...

I live in the Midlands and couldn’t be more gutted. Really disappointed in the club, Webber and Buendia himself 

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Vile club to be honest. No, I'm not salty at all and I'm not crying I swear

You're back starting threads again!

I don't like it 

Disappointed that he moved to Villa, but if they offered the cash that was wanted, fair play to them.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Everyone else was making them I felt left out 😭

I feel you. You're in my good books at the minute, so you do you.

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Disappointed that he moved to Villa, but if they offered the cash that was wanted, fair play to them.

Agree 100%. 

And not a very ambitious move frome Emi at all. He will earn more money but they are no bether club to go to then Espaniol ore Brighton 

I don't hate Villa, I hate how much money is in the game and how parity between clubs is a fantasy ..... one of the reasons I love following ice hockey and the NHL.

Easy 6 points for us next season though-just get our players to wind him up so that he gets sent off early in both games 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Wow this is the most sideways move i’ve seen in a while. Honestly don’t see it as a step up at all. Had the potential to really go places. Absolutely livid with this one. 

Same here. If he'd have gone to Arsenal I'd have no issue, and whilst Villa are a bigger club than us, it's not the sort of place I expected him to go. 

• Like 1

Oh wow, this is so disappointing. How is this a good move for Emi? Massively disappointed for him, he's capable of going to a better club, sad, sad day if this is true

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

£35m is the biggest insult to boot. 

Hearing on the grapevine it's 35 million + around 10 million of bonuses with a 'very very large' sell on fee, which does kind of make sense given Villas.. Uh, odds when it comes to relegation. Still boggling though, off all the clubs he goes to Villa..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hearing on the grapevine it's 35 million + around 10 million of bonuses with a 'very very large' sell on fee, which does kind of make sense given Villas.. Uh, odds when it comes to relegation. Still boggling though, off all the clubs he goes to Villa..

He’s obviously been impressed with the plans Villa have, could he be one of many quality signings they make this summer. What a sad day and more to come. 

Besides, if we can buy off Getafe's sell-on clauses, who's to say we could exercise a bit of action on Villa if we need a quick couple of million???

I knew he would go but join the group who don't see this as a marquee event. The money is nice but we have to find a replacement for a player who has gone to a club not too much better than us.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s obviously been impressed with the plans Villa have, could he be one of many quality signings they make this summer. What a sad day and more to come. 

Whatever you do don't say that 'Unlike us Emi saw that Villa have.... Ambition'

🙃

Wonderful piece of business by the club. Ifs and buts but reports had Villa 2nd choice as Baggies Perriera, so if he had gone to Arsenal ...but ive no idea if City are even interested in the Brazilian though.

Shows how far Webber and Co have lifted the transfer sales of City players in last 2 seasons with both Madders and Godfrey going for well over 20 mill and now Emi at 30 mill...possibly even quite a bit higher..none of us really know do we, only that 30 mill was Webbers starting figure.

It means a good slice of transfer money now available..so now for a interesting but i think patient few weeks to come to see who comes thru our doors.

All the best Emi at Villa.

24 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

I think its no secret than Max and him had a Gentlemen’s agreement in place but this was so leftfield. I really hope Daniel isn’t shafted and is given all the funds to rebuild. Atletico i can respect, Arsenal i would begrudingly accept, but Villa?! No words

Agree with this. Felt he'd be perfect at the likes of Liverpool. Would almost enjoy watching him in champs lge. But villa??? Incredibly lucky to get promoted and then to avoid relegation 12 months ago. Yes a good year just gone but Smith is pretty terrible manager imo. Aside from the mess it leaves us in I'm gutted for him. He's so much better than them