Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Who should be sacked??

If Worthy is sacked would you want to see Livermore, Foley, Carolan and Webb go too or some of them?? I think the coaches should be sacked too personally beacuse they have had an influence on the team performances etc!!

Livermore and Foley definitely. I see no merit whatsover in reatining them as the new management team if Worthy walked / got pushed.

As for Webb I have always been amazed how he got such a relatively high profile role in the first place. He used to work for the club in the Box Office! Having seen several reserve matches the ''up and under'' style is just a much a feature of their play as it is the first team, unfortunately.

A new man is required with the mandate to appoint his own staff (not have them imposed on him as when Bruce Rioch had to work with Hamilton as a condition of taking the managers role in ''98 - IMO of course I must add!).  

I agree it should be the 3 wise monkeys - equally culpable in my eyes.

Yep the whole lot should go. Although you know what will probably happen,one of them will be installed as caretaker manager,win a few games in a row & end up being offered the job!

As well as the terrible trio, there needs to be change in our scouting system, which is horribly wrong. This particularly applies to decent lower league and foreign players - how come other Clubs can spot the good ones, yet we end up with the likes of Etuhu and Captain Clappy?

I spoke to Steve Foley on tuesday night. I asked him if the boys had been given a tough time in training, and he assured me that they have. He also told me that at Colney, "they look different class", I told him that it''s a huge shame that they can''t carry it over to a match day.

He agreed and said "it''s a bloody nightmare, which will cost us our jobs"

Make of it what you will, but I appreciate him being totally honest with me, because some club officials whom I have had tired to have conversatins with, have skirted around footballing issues.

Maybe he knows that they only have a certain number of games left, who knows. One thing I can say for certain is, he''s looking very well considering his health issues in the summer.

Not sure about the scouts - do they recommend other players yet the management team turn them down?     It is still the managers fnal say so over where we sign them or not too.

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]Definitely.  Sack the whole coaching staff.  Let the new guy pick his own staff and do it his own way[/quote]

That is never gonna happen, all that Munby et al with think about is the Money! If Worthy does leave, i''d expect one or two of the staff to go but I do agree we need a major change! Physio''s who let player get injuryed so much must Leave!

Another thing, why are people saying about sacking the coaching staff? Didn''t know if they''d done anything, expect for ruin the squad.

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]I disagree Tom.  When a new manager comes in he invariably brings his own assistant and coches from whichever club he was at last.  I can''t imagine Livermore et al working under a different guy[/quote]

Was any of the Worthy''s current Nrowich staff (Livermore, Foley etc) at Blackpool when he was manager there?

[quote user="Tom_NCFC"]

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]I disagree Tom.  When a new manager comes in he invariably brings his own assistant and coches from whichever club he was at last.  I can''t imagine Livermore et al working under a different guy[/quote]

Was any of the Worthy''s current Nrowich staff (Livermore, Foley etc) at Blackpool when he was manager there?

[/quote]

yeah but worthy was promoted from assistant here wasnt he....

Worthington must be joined on the way out by livermore, foley and webb. The entire main coaching staff are defensive minded cluless, passionless muppets who dont deserve their pay. I would love to see D. Williams stay in a 1st coaching role but of worthy stays i reckon he could be another adie boothroyd.

Re: WHO SHOULD BE SACKED?

Anyone who has underachieved, failed in their role/duty, underperformed, stole, shirked responsibility, gone missing when the going got tough, blamed others, were lazy, ignorant, apathetic, naive, misinformed others, economic with the truth, arrogant, under the influence of drink, unfit, egotistical, disloyal, miserable, humourless, vindictive, greedy, talentless, feigned injury, immature, unambitious, intimidated others, talentless, clueless, unqualified, double standards, complacent etc, etc.........

Well, I should have been sacked long ago, as all the above relate to "li''l ole me!" ;~) (and I''m not even an MP!)

If the manager goes...........so should the other two.......but I certainly wouldn''t stop there! OTBC!

Are Mello, I''m so glad your''e not an MP, I bet you would have been involved in something pretty unsavoury by now if you were   [;)]

As for the sackings...... Does that mean only the fans will be left?  Pretty ruthless aren''t you. 

[quote user="Northern Canary"]i want to see a new coach before a new manager   [/quote] Why?? At the end of the day it is the manager that signs the players and decides on the line up/style of play!! Look at the coach who''s taken over from Holloway at QPR - he''s straight away said that the style of play will change over night - not all coaches agree with the style of football the manager wants. Sometimes they have no choice - agree or be sacked!! Saying that I think the coaches should be replaced too. However I''d 100% prefer Worthy to go and the rest to stay than Worthy to stay and the others to go!!!