Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Who replaces Alexander-Arnold?

It is interesting, Southgate must have had some logic for taking TAA, although looking at the balance of the squad i would expect another midfielder, surely.  Ward-Prowse seems first in line, definitely not a TAA replacement.

• Like 1

I think it'll be Ben White. Henderson might not make it yet and I'm guessing Southgate was going to use TAA in midfield if at all, so as White came on for Rice the other night I think he's got a shout. But can Ben Godfrey play DCM????? 🤣

• Haha 1

I'd take Jesse Lingard. I suspect Gareth will continue to try for the greatest versatility and take Ben White who played as holding midfielder the other day.

Why not another goalkeeper who can play up front in a three and midfield in a four?

Jack of all trades master of none.

AA is first and foremost a full back. A right one. And we have three more.

Pick a midfield player not White, "who can play there".

Lingard has to be the one.

3 hours ago, Newtopia said:

It is interesting, Southgate must have had some logic for taking TAA, although looking at the balance of the squad i would expect another midfielder, surely.  Ward-Prowse seems first in line, definitely not a TAA replacement.

My guess would be Ward-Prowse too. It surely won't be another right back and could be one of a number of players from several different positions, but we seem relatively well stocked for attacking midfielders and forwards so I'd guess a midfielder, which would be Ward-Prowse.

• Like 2

Lindgard every day of the week, but can imagine they might consider Ward-Prowse - his set pieces could be a reason to have him around

With Henderson having been out long term and Phillips carrying an injury, I'd have thought Ward-Prowse the obvious candidate, especially as we have enough Lingard type players already.

• Like 2

Seems to me his injury has actually solved a selection headache. TAA looked poor, whether he was already carrying an injury I don't know but he had a poor game off the back of a very average season with his club. He can walk away knowing he was selected and GS can pick a right back in form.

On form Lingard should step in, but would you select him in-front of Sterling, Grealish, Foden, Mount?  

If we were up against a 9-0-1 formation set pieces might be our best opportunity - and for that reason JWP gets the nod for me.

The only two logical options are Ward-Prowse or Lingard

In my opinion I would pick Ward-Prowse over Lingard as we actually have better attacking midfielders like Foden, Grealish & Mount that Lingard would be a waste.

34 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

The only two logical options are Ward-Prowse or Lingard

In my opinion I would pick Ward-Prowse over Lingard as we actually have better attacking midfielders like Foden, Grealish & Mount that Lingard would be a waste.

Theres no point in taking Lingard when we have Saka, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Mount, Rashford, Sterling who can all play the positions Lingard does.

I would've taken Lingard over Saka personally in the first place.

With Maguire/Henderson fitness doubts im sure it will be either White, Godfrey or JWP who get the nod.

Saka will win us the Euros 

James Ward Prowse for me although it’s a scandal that Emile smith Rowe never got a look in 

7 hours ago, Yobocop said:

It’s a scandal that Emile smith Rowe never got a look in 

😂😂

No

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Saka will win us the Euros 

James Ward Prowse for me although it’s a scandal that Emile smith Rowe never got a look in 

I’m still angry that Cuthbert Dibble Grubb didn’t get a look in. 😡

Personally don’t give a toss about England or who replaces who. We always qualify for tournaments and come home early 

On form it has to be Lingard, although JWP just for free kicks wouldn't be a bad choice.