I know there's a transfer rumours page but felt this will be better discussed here...

Arsenal offered £30m with no bonuses or add ons yesterday which was rejected immediately. Today they've come back with £30m+ and bonuses so it been reported a lot online. Unfortunately Vile are in for him too. Would like to see him go to arsenal and take them into Europe and show his class throughout the world. 

What would you take from arsenal upfront payment, bonuses, player swap?

Edited by Ward 3

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

I know there's a transfer rumours page but felt this will be better discussed here...

Arsenal offered £30m with no bonuses or add ons yesterday which was rejected immediately. Today they've come back with £30m+ and bonuses so it been reported a lot online. Unfortunately Vile are in for him too. Would like to see him go to arsenal and take them into Europe and show his class throughout the world. 

Arsenal's owner has been talking up their ability and desire to invest. £40m up front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

If we are to stay up he has to stay. I would not sell him. Full stop.

• Like 5

£40 million is a bargain for him. It really is. 

Players of this ability are rare. I'm not sure of Beundia's mindset but I'd be hard pushed to sell at 50 million. 

We are talking world class talent right at the top. 

• Like 2

seems inevitable that we're gonna lose him now really. Can't see us having any hope of surviving if we let him go though, gonna be hard to get excited for next season unless Webber pulls some minor miracle out of the bag. Just hope we beat Derby's 11 points.

Money wins every time in football sadly and we don't have enough.

26 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If only football worked that way. Unfortunately player power alongside the entire thesis and philosophy that allowed us to sign Emi in the first place dictates otherwise.

This is ridiculous, we should keep him to have any chance of staying up.

This would be like Brentford cashing in on Toney now they've got promotion. Exactly, that isn't going to happen.

It needs to be silly money, and I think he's worth a lot more than £30m, as a player but worth even more to us and our chances.

• Like 4

I think Emi is worth more to Norwich than (nearly) any transfer fee.

Regardless of whether Norwich stay up or get relegated (again), I think Emi's value would have increased.
If Norwich go down, then sell. If Norwich stay up... then see what offers come in and what is available as a (kind of) replacement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

This would be like Brentford cashing in on Toney now they've got promotion. Exactly, that isn't going to happen.

It needs to be silly money, and I think he's worth a lot more than £30m, as a player but worth even more to us and our chances.

Something tells me if Arsenal offered £50m for Toney he'd be driving up there tonight to get it sorted.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Is anyone else sad? 

Unlike some others I'm sadly accepting that he's pretty much all but already gone. Not going to deny reality.

It's a tough one. We tell anyone after him to get lost, we lose our biggest ever transfer and much needed money due to the Corona situation, and we then anger Emi and his agent from denying him a big money dream move and thus he no doubt hates us for the rest of the season, and possibly causes drama and such. (Like we saw with Cantwell and Leeds.. Thankfuly Cantwell got his head straight in the end mind)

With arsenal not in Europe and villa not going to be challenging then why can't Emi stay one more year, enjoy farkeball on the gentleman's agreement that next season, if he still wishes he can leave. By which point arsenal will likely have European football. As well as others who may come in for him.

£50m is a good price considering. I hope for once we play hard ball and say fifty or walk away.

14 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Well we’ve been telling anyone who will listen we will sell off the offer is right for weeks so clearly clubs will be encouraged to bid.

should have said from the off we won’t listen to offers this summer but seems not listening to offers only applies when it’s prospective new owners. Every player seems to have a price at any time with our fantastic model. 

I know it's just the way football works and not shooting at the board (who I've precise in the past but have to take my hat off about how excellent they have been in last 4/5years) but why oh why, are we selling our assets when we are on the way up.

Like someone said above, would Brentford sell Toney now? Likely not. Surely keeping in the league would exceed any likely transfer fee? 

From memory can anyone think of a promoted team selling their tailsman (regardless of fee or contact status) after only just coming (ie the trajectory of said club is on the up)

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just a matter of time now you fear, Max next and it wouldn’t be the biggest shock if all three are gone before a ball is kicked. 

I guess also you have to think of the effect on everyone else if we sell Emi. Why would max or Todd wish to stay if that's the vibe? As in, the chances of survival would seemingly be slashed before we have had a go. Plus they themselves may think it's time to jump ship if Emi is too  They will wish to go to. What does that look like to potential players coming in? Sure, the unearthed gems as such will still come but the established, ready to go ones may think twice, or ask for bigger wages.

Before anyone says, I'm not downing the club, i get it. But it's just sad. Has gefate have any sell on percentage involved?

Why would Arsenal want to buy a player they rate at only 30M? 

Seems like both clubs have been promoted by Webber's statement which was probably a misquote.

What is the point of getting promoted if you straight away sell your best player so have zero chance of staying up, if we hadn’t already paid for next season there would be rioting on the streets. We’re going to get slated once again for having no ambition and certainly no balls either.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Theoretically fantastic. Reality wise though, wishful thinking.

We have to remember that he had his head turned at the start of last season and lost focus. We don't know what was said at the time to get him to knuckle down, but what we do know is that it would not be a surprise for the same thing to happen again.

The only thing worse than selling one of your best players would be keeping them and their attitude turning rotten with them no longer providing you with the quality they once did and upsetting the dressing room.

I'd prefer to sell him abroad if we had to. I'd call Atletico and say - "if you have interest in him, this is what Arsenal have offered, make an offer". Selling him to a foreign league could be worth more money in the long run.

I think sadly that the fact he stayed last season after relegation and then played a huge part in getting promoted, earns him the goodwill to get the big move. He probably could have moved on then (for less money most likely) but stayed and knuckled down. 

Agree though that even 40million seems cheap. He provides so much to the team. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I know it's just the way football works and not shooting at the board (who I've precise in the past but have to take my hat off about how excellent they have been in last 4/5years) but why oh why, are we selling our assets when we are on the way up.

Like someone said above, would Brentford sell Toney now? Likely not. Surely keeping in the league would exceed any likely transfer fee? 

From memory can anyone think of a promoted team selling their tailsman (regardless of fee or contact status) after only just coming (ie the trajectory of said club is on the up)

To quote a manager in a recent Athletic article:

“If you keep players against their wishes, they down tools. The only time I had anything any good out of that player was the November, when he’d stopped sulking. And by the time the end of that month came he was thinking about moving in January, so you’re back to the same thing.

“With a player like that — someone who is an important player — from the moment they say that they want to leave, we’re ****ed as managers. They’re not going to give you commitment and they can be a bad influence in the changing room.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

What is the point of getting promoted if you straight away sell your best player so have zero chance of staying up, if we hadn’t already paid for next season there would be rioting on the streets. We’re going to get slated once again for having no ambition and certainly no balls either.

Nope. Not at all.

I've said elsewhere that it has nothing to do with ambition or balls. We've kept held of all three players for at least two seasons.

People identified upon promotion last time round that hanging on to Lewis, Godfrey, Aarons, Cantwell, Buendia, Krul and Pukki would be the most important bit of business we could do. We did that and we have kept them for two more seasons.

Football isn't about stamping your feet at players anymore. They either want to play for you or they don't and the best a club can do is set their stall out and hold tight to their valuation. Whether someone is willing to pay it or not is another thing. But it is a players market these days. A good case in point is Naismith who had a nice little number with us and of course didn't want to walk out on such a lucrative contract with contributed to having us teetering on the brink of financial disaster. 

• Like 1

It's going to be gutting to see Emi leave, especially if it's to another side in the Prem. However from recent press it seems City are trying to sell him, and early on in the window to get the cash in to strengthen the squad. Happy to reserve judgement until the window is closed and see what they come up with. If it works out and we end up staying up it will prove to be the right strategy, that's a big 'if' though.

I really hope they have somebody lined up to replace him, it'll be the achievement of Webber's career if he manages to replace Emi.

6 minutes ago, Argos said:

It's going to be gutting to see Emi leave, especially if it's to another side in the Prem. However from recent press it seems City are trying to sell him, and early on in the window to get the cash in to strengthen the squad. Happy to reserve judgement until the window is closed and see what they come up with. If it works out and we end up staying up it will prove to be the right strategy, that's a big 'if' though.

I really hope they have somebody lined up to replace him, it'll be the achievement of Webber's career if he manages to replace Emi.

Honestly don't think there will ever be a winger that we can buy that will be as good as Emi- but I just hope that we do try and find one at the very least regardless

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Unlike some others I'm sadly accepting that he's pretty much all but already gone. Not going to deny reality.

I thought I was too, but seeing all the hype about the bids etc has really made it hit home. Such a shame we didn’t get to watch him in person this season, though we were blessed he even stayed an extra 12 months!

14 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I guess also you have to think of the effect on everyone else if we sell Emi. Why would max or Todd wish to stay if that's the vibe? As in, the chances of survival would seemingly be slashed before we have had a go. Plus they themselves may think it's time to jump ship if Emi is too  They will wish to go to. What does that look like to potential players coming in? Sure, the unearthed gems as such will still come but the established, ready to go ones may think twice, or ask for bigger wages.

Before anyone says, I'm not downing the club, i get it. But it's just sad. Has gefate have any sell on percentage involved?

20% apparently, Emi is probably the best any of us have seen playing in yellow. A very sad time indeed. 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, if Arsenal put in a big bid of around £40m then Buendia will want to go and you could understand why. It's a big move for him in terms of his career to a top club (yes, I know they finished eighth this season) and would probably triple his wages so I certainly wouldn't begrudge him the move.

Also, we've done well to keep hold of him as long as we have done because I was expecting him to go last summer. If the deal struck with him was that he stays one more season and can go if a big club comes in, then I'm sure we'd all have taken that at the time and it would be hard to renege on that now. He stayed, did the business and has earned the move.

Saying that though, he is absolutely priceless to us and £40m wouldn't be enough to make up for his loss to the squad. I know we said it about Maddison, but finding a replacement for Buendia will be truly impossible and our chances of survival would take a massive hit. I doubt even £40m spread over several players in different positions would make up for the loss of a player so special.

I'd be absolutely gutted to lose him, probably more so than any other player I can ever remember us losing, but it seems like it's becoming almost impossible to keep him.

• Like 1