Sign in to follow this  
Maltesecanary

New player

Straight into the youth team or loaned out. Good to see of course, boosting our youth academy with players for our future team and all but

Wake me up when it's a first team signing.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

One for the future this, a decent bit of business nonetheless

• Like 1

Don't see the point in loaning him straight out.  Get him in to the club, get him acclimatised to our way of football, see what he can do in training and if he is good enough put him in the squad and see how he does in early cup matches.  Then a judgement can be made as to whether to send him on loan for games.  18/19 is old enough if you are good enough and it is there for any player to make the step up if they show they are capable, whatever their age, as Max proved.  Yes, I know that was the championship, but it doesn't matter what league it is if you show you are capable enough.   Opportunities are there for any player regardless of age.

Although it’s a signing consistent withe the policy of signing youngsters with great potential It would be nice to see some actual first team signings other than Gibson and Giannoulis.

1 minute ago, Crafty Canary said:

Although it’s a signing consistent withe the policy of signing youngsters with great potential It would be nice to see some actual first team signings other than Gibson and Giannoulis.

They will come, with a lot of distractions with the Euro's/Copa America if we are targeting internationals like Dimi then the deals may well not happen until after the tournament has ended

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't see the point in loaning him straight out.  Get him in to the club, get him acclimatised to our way of football, see what he can do in training and if he is good enough put him in the squad and see how he does in early cup matches.  Then a judgement can be made as to whether to send him on loan for games.  18/19 is old enough if you are good enough and it is there for any player to make the step up if they show they are capable, whatever their age, as Max proved.  Yes, I know that was the championship, but it doesn't matter what league it is if you show you are capable enough.   Opportunities are there for any player regardless of age.

Loan hating Lakey is at it again.

No one comes in and goes straight in the side.

They have to be at the club for a while to learn our way. 

It is also quite another thing for these prospects to get straight into our Premier League team.

While not impossible, it is very clear that this is not the type of signing we are targeting for the first team this pending window, unless you haven't listened to Webber at all....

Hes off on loan. 

Never anything wrong with going hard on promising youngsters, especially with Brexit and the need to keep a good stream of home-grown youngsters coming into the ranks.

14 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Who had June 2nd in the annual unreasonable and premature demand for signings sweepstakes? You've won this wonderful Old Spice scent set!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Huh?..well..so Messrs Gibson and Giannoulis signed, Messrs Coker and (soon to be) Clarke in as part of our constant and  wonderful youth policy and....still another week before the actual transfer window opens.

Impatience becomes those it seems who happen to support an awesome club who sow their division up early giving them (fans) a few extra weeks to hum and hah whilst it gives the likes Mr. Webber and Co who actually  are employed by the club to have a bit more time for seeing what and who is out there and available...plus waiting to see if any bids  arise onto our star players which in turns presents more situations that  need dealing with...as and when that happens...not right now when its all just guesswork.

36 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

We won't see or hear anything until 9th of June at the earliest.Probably later than that.Also,you can be sure it will be someone who's not even been mentioned on this platform.

36 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Loan hating Lakey is at it again.

Nice to see you being civil again! 

Everyone is entitled to voice their point of view. 

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Who had June 2nd in the annual unreasonable and premature demand for signings sweepstakes? You've won this wonderful Old Spice scent set!

We are told we have a limited budget for new signings of which £15M has already gone on making Gibson and Giannoulis’s deals permanent. Unless we sell our ‘crown jewels’ which in itself weakens an already PL weak squad the more ‘for the future’ signings we make the less there is for the PL grade players we desperately need if we are not to make another yo yo return the the Championship. This is not an unreasonable or premature view to have IMO.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

This method worked well for Godfrey and Cantwell, so let’s trust the process

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Max didn’t start playing for us in the PL. What’s the point in having a youngster hanging around to maybe grab some cup minutes when they could be found a club and get a proper pre-season and 40+ games of experience.

Presumably if he gets loaned out the club know what he can do and it’s not enough to get near the first team yet.

Still a good signing

Edited by Monty13

Jeez some of you lot!  Looking forward to how this young man develops.  And I'm sure it's out of a separate budget to the first team squad.  And still 3 months of the window left.

38 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

This method worked well for Godfrey and Cantwell, so let’s trust the process

Godfrey was at the club 18 months before he was loaned out, Cantwell was at the club for years before he was loaned out. 

I'm not knocking the loan process, all I'm saying is let the lad settle at the club, get to know everyone and the systems and what is expected of him, then see what is needed to do with him. 

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Nice to see you being civil again! 

Everyone is entitled to voice their point of view. 

I like Lakey. I just said he hates loans, dog with a bone Greavsy.

I can say I trust the club more now than ever with their youth loans and intake. The only thing I would want to see more of is loans to a higher standard club or more perseverance with ones who return. But again I think we've seriously nailed the transition into first team for a number of players and doubt there is much room for more in the short term future.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I just marked it off on my close season bingo card 👍

12 hours ago, FatCanary said:

I like Lakey. I just said he hates loans, dog with a bone Greavsy.

Twists and turns....... 

Have patience, folks! We will see what happens. Got a Euros and what not to get out of the way first!

Clarke is a good player. Won P'boro goal of the season despite not starting that many matches and looks to have a bit about him. They said he'd have been playing for P'boro in the championship this coming season had he stayed. You never know. Might make an impact but I imagine the path for him is U18 upwards. 

P'boro have a reputation for churning out some excellent players and selling for decent profits. The fact we are getting Clarke in the last year of his contract makes me think we'll be paying a cut price for him. Imagine if he'd shone in the Champs for P'boro this coming season? Would have been worth a fair bit more. It's a good signing. Sensible and with an eye on the future. That's what we do maaannnnn

I read that Pbro always transfer list players going into their last year / season of contract if they don't sign a new one. 

So would make sense we have taken a little gamble and got him a little cheaper than if he had a blinding season, but its gets the business done, and dusted.