The playoff final, 3PM kickoff live on Sky Sports main event. Who are we wanting to see get promoted to the Championship? Much as it's good to see Blackpool dong well without convicted sex offender Owen Oyston in charge would be great to see Lincoln get promoted to the 2nd tier for the very first time, and given they played in the national league just 4 years ago their journey has been nothing short of amazing to watch

I'd like to see Lincoln City do it. Will be tough for them as Blackpool are in very good form. Whichever team goes up means there will be some good derbies in the Championship. For Blackpool, there is PNE, Blackburn and for Lincoln there is Peterborough, Derby, Forest and stretching it further Stoke, Brum. We be good to see both grounds full for those games.

Lincoln for me. My second team for a number of reasons and a lovely city with the most beautiful cathedral. My head says Blackpool will win quite comfortably, but my heart hopes the stars align for The Imps this afternoon. 

I was coming back from the league away match at Burnley last season. The train stopped at Accrington and hundreds of Blackpool fans, most of whom had clearly been drinking and who still had lots of cans and bottles on them, attempted to board the already packed train. There was a delay of about 30 minutes while they all tried to cram themselves in, with railway staff making no attempt to relieve the chaos.

We eventually got going but then stopped for another 20 minutes on the approach to the next station-I think it was Blackburn?

I changed trains at Preston, leaving the singing, cheering, drunken mob to carry on to the seaside.

They were a passionate bunch-they only drew, I’m not sure how much more celebrating they would have done if they had won-but for their part in my journey being delayed for almost an hour, I hope Lincoln smash them 🤣

Lincoln, was my university city and we have a few links with them with former players etc.. 

Its funny because part of me wants to see Blackpool do well now that they don't have those disgusting owners, and be able to get a bit of money back into the club. But Lincoln, I was there the day they were relegated out of the football league funnily enough so that would be quite the story, its also a fine city and a funnily little ground, they could do with the money too!  

Could be a good game. Both teams play good football, and it's great to see two young British managers doing well, Neil Critchley was Liverpool U-23s coach and Michael Appleton has been around the block a bit, but was well thought of at one point.

Lincoln for me, and I suspect a certain Mr Huckerby will be following with great interest too.

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

E2ozMNYXEAEPz_R?format=jpg&name=small

James 'Even though he played almost 20 games for us I forgot he did play for us and I honestly can't remember anything about him' Husband starting for Blackpool today

Conor McGrandles lining up for Lincoln too

• Like 1

This might be a decent watch. I presume the Binners aren't in the final because they went up as Champions with 100+ points like it said on TWTD in August🤔

They don't need to mix with 'the likes of' Lincoln...😇

• Haha 2

how many seconds was that? own goal in the first minute of play

[edit] BBC say 47 seconds, Sky say 37 seconds

Edited by Icecream Snow

4 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

how many seconds was that? own goal in the first minute of play

Pretty sure it's the fastest ever goal scored in a playoff final- Record breaker, what a start to the match

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

game on 1-1. both keepers should have done better for the goals though

To be fair Lincolns tactic of 'park 11 men at the back for the next 89 minutes' after the OG at the start was bound to come around to bite them

Think if I was a Lincoln fan I'd be none too impressed with this referee. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

E2pazJmXIAEZ8c1?format=jpg&name=medium

Fun away trip for all the Championship teams.. Just ignore all the crackheads, shut shops and 'up and coming young grime and drill artists' and you can enjoy your rock by the seaside

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'll give you the honour since you brought it up

Who am i to deny you the opportunity to have 8 threads on the forum front page.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Feel sorry for Lincoln, playing against 12 men for pretty much the whole 90 minutes. 

That was exactly what I was thinking, Ken! It did appear that he ‘liked’ Blackpool more...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Who am i to deny you the opportunity to have 8 threads on the forum front page.

And your point is? Least I'm making things for people to talk about while all you do is moan 'waaa threads on a forum designed for people to make threads and discuss things on waaa' 😂

Wonder if that could bring in VAR for things like the playoff finals given they are at Wembley. Definitely some dodgy decisions against Lincoln. 

Brennan Johnson does look like a decent prospect on loan from Forest, reminds me a bit of PP, plenty of potential there but needs to be honed and matured