Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Worthington abusing an 'UNFIT' Safri in todays paper

I think it would have been best if Worthy had a few of the youth team on the bench. At least they have some hunger and Passion

1st half = goal, some other chances, although overall v bad.

2nd half = absolutely dire, no chances, no possession, complete rubbish.

I would say that means Etuhu and Hughes were not as bad as their replacements. Nor the tactics they were replaced for.

Hughes should have gone off with Etuhu remaining on - we needed a midfield and Hucks did not provide it.

[quote user="Mook"]

I would say that means Etuhu and Hughes were not as bad as their replacements. Nor the tactics they were replaced for.

Hughes should have gone off with Etuhu remaining on - we needed a midfield and Hucks did not provide it.

[/quote]

i would say 2nd half safri got knackered, robinson was not match fit/ lack of match practice. Huckerby was totally crap.

Etuhu had 9 touches in the first half - 2 went to norwich players.......  he was atrocious.  At least hughes put 2 crosses in. McVeigh had an awful first half.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

In the end however WHY OH WHY have a go at Safri and Morocco''s training techniques in the press!!!!!!!

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

In the end however WHY OH WHY have a go at Safri and Morocco''s training techniques in the press!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I don''t remember reading any part of the article where he had a go at Safri.  I thought he was merely explaining that Morrocco''s training was not what he would do at City.  Seeing as he did not come back with a hamstring injury, I would agree with him.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t remember reading any part of the article where he had a go at Safri.  I thought he was merely explaining that Morrocco''s training was not what he would do at City.  Seeing as he did not come back with a hamstring injury, I would agree with him.

[/quote]

yeh.. the training they do at Morocco is actually effective and works! unlike ours!

jas :)

Can''t see us getting anywhere in the African Cup of Nations based on their past record.

Actually Hughes should have stayed on - as someone said, he put a couple of good crosses in, and Huckerby was crap. But that''s only being wise after the event. And the subs worked - we looked a lot better than the first half - for about 10 minutes.

And just admit it - Safri was rubbish. Don''t twist the facts to blame Worthy - SAFRI was rubbish. It''s not surprising that Morroco failed dismally (though I suspect you''ll find a way to blame Worthy, Delia, Doncaster, Munby, the sports psychologist, Rick Scribbler and Roy Waller for that as well).

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeh.. the training they do at Morocco is actually effective and works! unlike ours!

jas :)

[/quote] Moroccan effective and works? - how come Safri''s back so soon then?

[quote user="Old Boy"]

Actually Hughes should have stayed on - as someone said, he put a couple of good crosses in, and Huckerby was crap. But that''s only being wise after the event. And the subs worked - we looked a lot better than the first half - for about 10 minutes.

And just admit it - Safri was rubbish. Don''t twist the facts to blame Worthy - SAFRI was rubbish. It''s not surprising that Morroco failed dismally (though I suspect you''ll find a way to blame Worthy, Delia, Doncaster, Munby, the sports psychologist, Rick Scribbler and Roy Waller for that as well).

[/quote]

safri was rubbish so worthy moans about it..... why the hell hasnt he been moaning about hughes and etuhu all season then!!!!!!!!!!

Look - Safri is one of those "johnny foreigner" chaps who''s somehow slipped through the net - after all Captain Mainwaring SORRY Nige thought he''d managed to get rid of those malcontent "show ponies" at the end of last summer - at least the Scandinavian ones anyway - he obviously forgot that he''d got that pesky Moroccan fellow - after all he hasn''t been here for a while - thought he''d got rid of him obviously!

One can''t be doing with all that "continental" attitude - playing the ball to feet for instance - what''s that all about?   Hoof it long and hoof it hard - that''s the English way...

Don''t panic, don''t panic.....

Safri does a good job sitting deep and covering our poor defence, unfortunately. Because of this our most creative passer seldom gets forward into positions where he can do some damage. I am sick and tired of Safri being used in from of the back four.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote] I totally disagree - I think Hughes was much more prominent than Etuhu. What makes you think Etuhu would have provided a midfield??

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Safri does a good job sitting deep and covering our poor defence, unfortunately. Because of this our most creative passer seldom gets forward into positions where he can do some damage. I am sick and tired of Safri being used in from of the back four.[/quote]

Why? That''s his best position, which (unsurprisingly) is why he does a good job there. No, he''s definitely a square peg in a square hole. It doesn''t mean that he can''t ever get forward as than the full-backs do. And why can''t a holding midfielder be a creative passer? We want all 11 players to be creative passers, don''t we?

Old Boy wrote

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Safri does a good job sitting deep and covering our poor defence, unfortunately. Because of this our most creative passer seldom gets forward into positions where he can do some damage. I am sick and tired of Safri being used in from of the back four.[/quote]

Why? That''s his best position, which (unsurprisingly) is why he does a good job there. No, he''s definitely a square peg in a square hole. It doesn''t mean that he can''t ever get forward as than the full-backs do. And why can''t a holding midfielder be a creative passer? We want all 11 players to be creative passers, don''t we?

Because all you really need in a deep midfielder is the ability to break up play and pass it simple and accurate. Safri can provide the defence splitting ball. And he can shoot.

PR, I realise Etuhu was a touch rubbish, but i was more referring to the positional change than the personnel.

We needed someone to continue playing up nearer the strikers.

We ended up with 4 defenders and 2 def mids, knocking the ball up to 4 strikers. With Etuhu, we would have at least had someone to bridge the gap between Defence and Midfield. Even if he was quite likely to do nothing there, it would have at least given Ippo something to think about.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="rocky marshall"]morocco scored ZERO goals in the ANC - Discuss!!![/quote]

Maybe Safri passed on some of Worthingtons tactical knowledge!!!  he is hopeless in cups...

[/quote]

This either means the players believe in Worthy''s tatics!

or it''s just another excuse to personally attack the manager.

- I thought you''d finally got that out of your system PR

Mr Rankin,

I have read some good posts from you on here, some of which I agree with and some I don''t.

But having read the Safri/Morocco article, I can''t see any "abuse" of Safri or Morocco.

You keep getting my hopes up that you are a constructive and well educated individual, and then you post nonsense like this.

You truly are the Gary Doherty of the message board.

Can you show me where the abuse part is? Fact was stated that Yousif was not up to Championship fitness level, a point which he agreed with as an individual. Now unless he wasn''t with Morocco all along and was actually  at home with his feet up, that must be attributed to the Moroccan team, yes?

So what is the point you are trying to make?  "Worthington tells the truth about Safri"? Because that''s all it says. Again a point concurred with by Safri.

Why do you do this? You must know we all have access to th same article. So you must know we can all see what you have seen.

All I can do is give you the benifit of the doubt here and assume that you didn''t actually read it properly before you started typing about it. My assumption once again based on the fact, yes fact that you do normally type with accuracy.

All done with a smile by the way before you get all angry

Sorry to go off Tangent here, but is your avatar (of which you change daily) your allotment, pretty impressive, please send tips!

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Mr Rankin,

I have read some good posts from you on here, some of which I agree with and some I don''t.

But having read the Safri/Morocco article, I can''t see any "abuse" of Safri or Morocco.

You keep getting my hopes up that you are a constructive and well educated individual, and then you post nonsense like this.

You truly are the Gary Doherty of the message board.

Can you show me where the abuse part is? Fact was stated that Yousif was not up to Championship fitness level, a point which he agreed with as an individual. Now unless he wasn''t with Morocco all along and was actually  at home with his feet up, that must be attributed to the Moroccan team, yes?

So what is the point you are trying to make?  "Worthington tells the truth about Safri"? Because that''s all it says. Again a point concurred with by Safri.

Why do you do this? You must know we all have access to th same article. So you must know we can all see what you have seen.

All I can do is give you the benifit of the doubt here and assume that you didn''t actually read it properly before you started typing about it. My assumption once again based on the fact, yes fact that you do normally type with accuracy.

All done with a smile by the way before you get all angry

[/quote]

It was a poor post i will admit that straight away [:D] I think I had only actually read the article about half way down when I posted.  In fact only going back to it now have I seen Safri''s comments!!  Suffice to say if saffers was not fully fit why make him play the whole match?? I will give worthy the benefit of the doubt here and say he did not realise Safri was not fully fit.