3 hours ago, Maltesecanary said:

Brentford  or Swansea  ? 

Given Brentford’s record in the Playoffs, Swansea look good odds to me to win inside 90 minutes.

I want to say Brentford but not sure I want to witness another Bournemouth type media love-in.

I think Swansea will win it though.

Brentford for me. Swansea are just so dull. 

If Brentford come up and don't improve their defence then they are going to find it very tough so I'm going for them. 

Just now, Hairy Canary said:

If Brentford come up and don't improve their defence then they are going to find it very tough so I'm going for them. 

Not like we (sadly..) have to worry about away trips but I mean...I know which of the two away days I would prefer

trip.png

• Like 2

Neither 2-2 draw 17/1 @ PP,  missed 3-1 Brentford v Bournemth due to bad weather.  Brentford to equalise in dying minutes.  Taffs to go home misery.  Brentford in PL a new ground to visit.

Brentford firm favourites with the bookies.

I'm just looking forward to watching it as a neutral and already promoted.

It's damn good fun for us. Brentford though gun to my head.

A bunch of you made predictions half way through the season as to the 3 clubs that would be promoted - you can check out how you got on below. I picked a Brentford v Swansea final with Brentford winning at the 10th time of asking so will have to go with that I guess, but whichever club goes up, I think they’ll be in for a big struggle for survival.

Would be nice to see Brentford make it up there. Have said before that they play a nice brand of football and have consistently punched above their weight for years with Benham and others at the helm off the pitch.

Lots of similarities with the final between us and Middlesbrough. I am expecting the team that plays football will prevail and that means Brentford. The play offs are a lottery though, and if Swansea were to score first then you never know.

Either way an interesting trilogy with us, Watford and Brentford/Swansea. A mini league that we will have to win to avoid relegation. 

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Lots of similarities with the final between us and Middlesbrough. I am expecting the team that plays football will prevail and that means Brentford. The play offs are a lottery though, and if Swansea were to score first then you never know.

Either way an interesting trilogy with us, Watford and Brentford/Swansea. A mini league that we will have to win to avoid relegation. 

We could win the mini league and still be relegated.

Working on the principle that "It is the hope that hurts" I am expecting us to be relegated, and that way I won't be disappointed, but were we to stay up I'd be amazed and delighted.

1 hour ago, Hairy Canary said:

Pontus Jansson anchoring their defence will be excellent as he’s rubbish. 

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Pontus Jansson anchoring their defence will be excellent as he’s rubbish. 

Certainly is. Ayew will be flinging himself on the deck every time he goes near him.

It’s difficult as both teams have been really poor in my view for the last few months even though they have been eeking out results. 

To answer the question I think Brentford will win and that will be best for us in the PL.  In my view it’s harder to get a solid defence than play free flowing football in the PL.  Swansea definately missing goals and creativity whereas Brentford are lacking all over the pitch. Even Toney is over rated in my view. 

But at this level, Brentford to power towards the PL.

Edited by Jersey Canary

Swansea please. They'll have to buy a new team to stand any chance if they go up.

Was shocked to see Swansea beat Barnsley when they ended the season with a very poor run. Think it will be Brentford - the majority of the time the playoffs are won by the 3rd place team. I think Brentford will also be very proud of their comeback against Bournemouth after going 2-0 down on aggregate, although Bournemouth did play for over an hour with 10 men. Could be a possibility that what happened there last season might come back to haunt the Brentford players though

Thomas Frank is as likeable as our Daniel.

The other b ugger fails to impress.

Either way, both will likely struggle more than us next season.

Swans moreso?

Did I just hear Don Goodman right? 

"Their best avenue to the Premier is via promotion from the Championship"...

Now I wasn't overly listening, but I'm sure that's what he said, its left me wondering how the hell are you supposed to get there a different way???? 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Thomas Frank is as likeable as our Danie

Thought that earlier in season, seems a decent  sort. 

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The other b ugger fails to impress

Yep, something a bit unlovable about him. 

Cmon Brentford,  the beautiful  game needs playing beautifully at all levels.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Did I just hear Don Goodman right? 

"Their best avenue to the Premier is via promotion from the Championship"...

Now I wasn't overly listening, but I'm sure that's what he said, its left me wondering how the hell are you supposed to get there a different way???? 

Transfer to an established Premier League Club perhaps?   I think that's what he was getting at...after all how many of those 22 players are likely to be picked up by a top tier side?