cambridgeshire canary

Who would you play in your England Euro team?

40 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I would say exactly the same thing as I am now mate. Does he really drag villa out of the Ipswich when they're losing? No and he does sound short passes and gets praised for it. Ball retention I get that but he does such needless passes sometimes and is a c..k

Villa won 42 points in the 24 games when Grealish started this season, and got 13 from 14 when he didn't, so I'd say he did drag them forwards when they needed him. Also, only Kane, Fernandes and De Bruyne made more assists and they all played more minutes and with better players alongside them, so he must have played some pretty incisive passes.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Nope - the runner up.

That’s how odd the Euros is now. 4 of 6 third place teams also getting out of the groups it has complicated everything.Β 

Wow - that is strange!

9 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

I would say exactly the same thing as I am now mate. Does he really drag villa out of the Ipswich when they're losing? No and he does sound short passes and gets praised for it. Ball retention I get that but he does such needless passes sometimes and is a c..k

Jaysus, no-one is asking you to get in a broken lift with him for 24hrs!! but if you cant see his ability then you are watching a different game altogether, he is skilled, with a low centre of gravity and a nice burst of pace with the ball at his feet, he scores, delivers good dead ball and has an eye for a defence splitting pass....that he can execute. Sure, he's a Kn0b, but so are many footy players. As are quite a few non players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Villa won 42 points in the 24 games when Grealish started this season, and got 13 from 14 when he didn't, so I'd say he did drag them forwards when they needed him. Also, only Kane, Fernandes and De Bruyne made more assists and they all played more minutes and with better players alongside them, so he must have played some pretty incisive passes.

Sorry I just have a massive dislike towards him, if you couldn't tell πŸ˜‰

15 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Any way we could shoehorn a Hoddle or a Waddle in there somewhere? Or are they still a bit wet behind the ears?

Hoddle was in the squad so you could shoehorn him in, bit early for Waddle. You could also have Terry McDermot,Β Viv Anderson, Trevor Brooking and Ray Clemence asΒ alternatives.........

4 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Your first line cracked me up πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thank you kind sir.Β  Fwiw I think Madders is a bit of a πŸ””πŸ”š too, in the way he conducts himself....still a decent player though .

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thank you kind sir.Β  Fwiw I think Madders is a bit of a πŸ””πŸ”š too, in the way he conducts himself....still a decent player though .

It's a shame, we all knew about the stories of his 'antics' off the pitch when he first joined us but he seemed to improve and mature, even more so when he moved to the Foxes..

Β 

But sadly it seems he's started to slip back to his old ways

12 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Like you said earlier a lot of footballers are bells now πŸ™„

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Like you said earlier a lot of footballers are bells now πŸ™„

I would add to that that I like Onel, seems a decent guy, no football head on him though, which is a shameΒ  .

• Like 1