Nuff Said

Do you feel it's safe to return to games?

Will you go to games next season?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. As it stands, do you feel safe enough to go to games when next season starts?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only with additional protection, such as distanced seating

15 minutes ago, JF said:

Astonishing attitude. You’d have thrived in Germany in the 1940s.... You think it’s right to exclude people from society because they don’t share the same acquired immunity as yourself? Absolutely irrelevant to you that they themselves may have immunity acquired through prior infection? But they don’t have the same papers you have so they don’t have the same rights? Some people need to have a good look at themselves in the mirror

Oh dear!

What an extreme reaction.

"Exclude people from society?" What brain cell bleeped to come up with that gem?

I take offence at your ridiculous insult concerning Germany in the 1940s.

Others would as well.  

Grow up!

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Oh dear!

What an extreme reaction.

I take offence at your ridiculous insult concerning Germany in the 1940s.

Others would as well.  

Grow up!

Extreme reaction???  You’re advocating banning people from parts of daily life in this country because they don’t have the same health certificate that you have?? What the hell has gone on in people’s minds to even believe that this is anywhere near acceptable??? If you’ve had the vaccine it shouldn’t matter to you. I’ve had the virus but I’m not calling for people like yourself to be exposed to the virus to protect me. I’m done with this conversation, it’s utterly ridiculous to even contemplate what you want society to be. Where would you stop, if children aren’t vaccinated would you ban them from education?? Don’t even reply as I’m blocking you

You do not seem to be particularly informed.

The fact that you have contracted the virus does not exclude you from vaccination. It is a further and welcome safeguard surely.

11 minutes ago, JF said:

Extreme reaction???  You’re advocating banning people from parts of daily life in this country because they don’t have the same health certificate that you have?? What the hell has gone on in people’s minds to even believe that this is anywhere near acceptable??? If you’ve had the vaccine it shouldn’t matter to you. I’ve had the virus but I’m not calling for people like yourself to be exposed to the virus to protect me. I’m done with this conversation, it’s utterly ridiculous to even contemplate what you want society to be. Where would you stop, if children aren’t vaccinated would you ban them from education?? Don’t even reply as I’m blocking you

Good. 

Sums you up then.

Your thought processess are incredidible.

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

You do not seem to be particularly informed.

The fact that you have contracted the virus does not exclude you from vaccination. It is a further and welcome safeguard surely.

Good. 

Sums you up then.

I ain’t taking a vaccine I don’t need to appease people like you who “can’t wait for vaccine certificates” I know I have a high level of antibodies as I’ve been requested to donate my plasma to Nhs studies. Maybe that won’t get me your desired level of paperwork for my rights and freedoms though

Edited by JF

So I'm not blocked then?

What is your obssession with paperwork and freedom. If you have a high level of antibodies then you are safe and that is easily recognised.

I was in Bkk the first Feb, having come from Singapore. I was suddenly ill and you could fry an egg on my forehead. The cleaner said I slept for three days (might have been the booze.) May be I had  had it. I still got vaccinated when advised.

It's a health, life and death, problem that we have to work as one to eliminate in as quick and effective way as is possible.

There are no individuals here. That won't work.

Conforming  to the accepted medical advice is part of that fight.

I do not consider it an infringement upon my "rights" being obliged to get vaccinated. If I refused vaccination and could therefore endanger others then I would expect my activities to be limited.

That's obvious.

Piers Corbyn is not on my guest list. You can guess that.

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

So I'm not blocked then?

What is your obssession with paperwork and freedom.

It's a health, life and death, problem that we have to work as one to eliminate in as quick and effective way as is possible.

There are no individuals here. That won't work.

Conforming  to the accepted medical advice is part of that fight.

I do not consider it an infringement upon my "rights" being obliged to get vaccinated. If I refused vaccination and could therefore endanger others then I would expect my activities to be limited.

That's obvious.

Piers Corbyn is not on my guest list. You can guess that.

Listen. Now I’ve calmed down after reading your original post I apologise for the line you said caused you offence and I’ve removed it. We as a society are going down a very dangerous path here if we have domestic vaccine passports/certificates. We cannot create a two tier society based on what health certificate we have. Where does that stop? I was going to take the vaccine but I’m not prepared to have it knowing that I already have very high levels of antibodies. What offended me was I’m no more risk to you than you are to me but if I’ve interpreted your post correctly you want me to be excluded to protect you? 

Who on earth is talking about a "two tier society?"

This thread is about safety at football matches. The safety of you and others.

I extrapolated it towards a flight situation, reasonably enough.

You mentioned **** Germany, which you now admit was rather stupid.

We take our pick, we make our choice . That is our right. It is also the right of a football club, an airline or whatever, to decide what measures they need to implement for the sake of the many.

If you do not want to be vaccinated, fair enough. If an airline insists upon certification that's their right. Not being able to board an aeroplane or attend a football match does not mean you are "excluded from society." 

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Who on earth is talking about a "two tier society?"

This thread is about safety at football matches. The safety of you and others.

I extrapolated it towards a flight situation, reasonably enough.

You mentioned **** Germany, which you now admit was rather stupid.

We take our pick, we make our choice . That is our right. It is also the right of a football club, an airline or whatever, to decide what measures they need to implement for the sake of the many.

If you do not want to be vaccinated, fair enough. If an airline insists upon certification that's their right. Not being able to board an aeroplane or attend a football match does not mean you are "excluded from society." 

The vaccine certificates that you can’t wait for if used domestically will create a two tier society.Those that have and those that don’t.  You’d be able to go to a cinema/Football for example because you will have the certificate. Someone who doesn’t won’t have those options. So yes that would mean excluded from society. Yes you could say people could just get the vaccine and then they would have those options but is that really a place we want to go with this? Surely a rapid test will suffice instead of insisting on a particular vaccine health certificate? 

From your seemingly extreme reaction to a fairly obvious requirement (in Thailand vaccine refusnicks are fined btw, not just excluded) I would have assumed that the need for a "rapid test" would have also been an infringement upon your "rights."

It's fine to have a stance (as long as you don't get carried away with Na zi insults,) but a degree of consistency is needed.

The bottom line is that the medics of our world are learning all the time, and rapidly. German scientists have just discovered how to eliminate the blood clot problem associated with vaccination, rapid testing has become more accurate and even sniffer dogs can detect the virus with amazing accuracy.

Until these fructify we need take all the precautions available to us. We are where we are. Rights or not.

Edited by BroadstairsR

12 minutes ago, JF said:

The vaccine certificates that you can’t wait for if used domestically will create a two tier society.Those that have and those that don’t.  You’d be able to go to a cinema/Football for example because you will have the certificate. Someone who doesn’t won’t have those options. So yes that would mean excluded from society. Yes you could say people could just get the vaccine and then they would have those options but is that really a place we want to go with this? Surely a rapid test will suffice instead of insisting on a particular vaccine health certificate? 

Certification would allow vulnerable people to feel able to go to the cinema/football because they can be certain that everyone there has had the vaccine. Without that certainty they might not feel able to go so they would then be excluded. It works both ways.

I’m not advocating compulsory vaccination because as always education and persuasion is the key. Vaccines protect yourself and, much more importantly, protect the vulnerable. Why ever would someone refuse the vaccine?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes it is all about personal choice whether to have the vaccine or not and I can understand those who have had the virus and therefore built up antibodies feeling they don’t need it.

However, if a commercial enterprise makes the choice to not entertain those who have not been vaccinated then surely it’s their decision/choice.

Yes they may say that people who provide a negative test will be welcomed but if this situation continues for some considerable time just imagine how many tests you would have to take?

There is a big difference between those who don’t feel they need the vaccine and those who don’t want it and I think we have done that discussion to death on here.

I for one can’t wait to get back to CR but I do hope that it will be safe for everyone, however that is managed.