Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Released Players (Primarily Youth)

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/may/city-confirm-outgoing-players/

As previously announced, long-serving midfield duo Alex Tettey and Mario Vrancic have not been offered new deals, whilst loan players Oliver Skipp and Xavi Quintilla will return to their respective parent clubs.

Full-back Jordan Thomas, who made a solitary first team appearance as a substitute away at Manchester City in July 2020, has not been offered a new deal and will depart.

Fellow youngsters Zach Dronfield, William Hondermarck, Louis Lomas and Ethen Vaughan will all also officially leave the club when their respective contracts expire on June 30th.

Yeah,  Hondermarck was a surprise for me, as he'd been on loan at Harrogate Town in League 2, was still only 20 and I thought he'd had a decent EFL trophy run.

I'm guessing there must be more to it with Hondermarck in particular - perhaps he feels that rather than spend another couple of seasons in our development side he'd rather try for first team football at a lower level? Although looking at his stats he only made 3 appearances for Harrogate last season and one of them was only 8 minutes, so could be he just didn't live up to his initial promise...

Hondermarck and Omotoye looked top players at the start of the season. 

Loans have done no good for either but not surprising when experience is a greater attribute in the lower leagues(i. e. Hoolahan and Jerome) 

20 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

O/t but seen Robbie Brady has been released by Burnley. For every Godfrey and Maddison there is a Pritchard and Brady

I think that's a bit harsh on Brady. He has struggled with injuries a bit, but he's still been a consistent player both in the Premier League and at international level when fit.

Never going to happen as he doesn't fit 'the model', but he's only 29 and we could do worse in our hunt for a backup left back if the wages were right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think that's a bit harsh on Brady. He has struggled with injuries a bit, but he's still been a consistent player both in the Premier League and at international level when fit.

Never going to happen as he doesn't fit 'the model', but he's only 29 and we could do worse in our hunt for a backup left back if the wages were right.

He's  been unlucky alright, but a very skilful  footy player who can play anywhere on the left ( just like Dorrans 😇)  and as an u18/21 International  at no 10. Decent set piece  deliveries.  Wouldn't thrill me but wouldn't upset  me  either. 

16 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Oh yeah i didn’t mean for it to come off derogatory towards Brady. Just that for Madders/Ben it was a success story and for Brady/Pritch it wasn’t. 

Yeah, Maddison and Godfrey have been successes (so far) and Pritchard was most certainly a disaster, but I'd say that Brady has probably met expectations without ever exceeding them; a solid squad player for a Premier League side over the past four-and-a-half years.

If his wages are do-able, then Brady as a reserve left-back would certainly be fine by me.

Brady was decent and went on to continue being a PL player but was unlucky with injury

Bit surprised we've let Thomas go as he was thought quite well of a season or so ago, I'm guessing he's fallen well behind Mumba etc. for fullback contention. Wish all the youngsters luck in finding new clubs

22 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Yeah,  Hondermarck was a surprise for me, as he'd been on loan at Harrogate Town in League 2, was still only 20 and I thought he'd had a decent EFL trophy run.

Not sure if he was injured on loan, but only featured for 160 mins for Harrogate.

17 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think sometimes people need to remember that being a solid Premier League is still a pretty remarkable achievement for most footballers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought we would  have had more of a clear out my self staggered that Cantwell wasn’t on the released list 

22 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I thought we would  have had more of a clear out my self staggered that Cantwell wasn’t on the released list 

That's because you know shag all about footy, you just run on your somewhat flakey opinions.... I reckon deep down you fancy Todd and can't bring yourself to admit it.