Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Upgrade to floodlights

All the tower lights are being replaced with LED, and some of the recently installed ones on the South Stand are coming down.

16 minutes ago, Browno said:

All the tower lights are being replaced with LED, and some of the recently installed ones on the South Stand are coming down.

Thankyou Browno as that helps a lot in understanding what the OP is talking about as i could not find anything by looking at The Sun online.

Edited by TIL 1010

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Double negative. 😇

Just corrected it Mr Moderator so i hope you approve ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just corrected it Mr Moderator so i hope you approve ?

I do, thankyou kind sir . Wouldnt want you to be mistaken for an  uneducated oik , after all. 😇.

I'm  not so much a moderator  as a perception enhancer. Pleased to help.

27 minutes ago, Browno said:

These were installed, if my memory serves me correctly, to aid the new goal line technology and were a requisite for Premier League football (I think?). So I’m guessing that those behind VAR now want even better lighting so that they can 100% confirm a perfectly good 94th minute winner against Liverpool next season is... perfectly not? 💰 

If the tower lights are upgraded to LED it would probably actually save the club money in the long run, those big ol' lights can't be cheap to run

• Like 1

Hopefully there wont be an lighting failure like against Derby, but if there is, they will get powered back on quicker! 

55 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

A decent PA system wouldn’t go amiss either 

Although it is probably quite aged now and could do with some PL quality I agree, it's not actually that bad compared to a number of away grounds!

38 minutes ago, AJ said:

Although it is probably quite aged now and could do with some PL quality I agree, it's not actually that bad compared to a number of away grounds!

If you mean it is so bad you cannot make out the announcer's witless drivel on, for example, the Tampa challenge or that jousting thing in balloons then I agree that is a distinct blessing...

4 hours ago, Browno said:

It would be nice if that were so, as the roof-top lights are at such a low angle that they impair vision [ 20 years ago there was no floodlight glare in my eyes, now there is ]

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

These were installed, if my memory serves me correctly, to aid the new goal line technology and were a requisite for Premier League football (I think?). So I’m guessing that those behind VAR now want even better lighting so that they can 100% confirm a perfectly good 94th minute winner against Liverpool next season is... perfectly not? 💰 

Probably worried that if Nyland plays then it might result in another goal line technology debacle - the new lights can penetrate through Norwegian goalkeepers unlike the previous ones!  😄

When you consider the difference between our lights and those like, say, Luton’s already, you do wonder just how good they need to be....but I guess led is cheaper and (supppsedly) lasts longer.

Ive never had an issue with our PA system, I guess it depends where you’re sat, though the worst I’ve experienced in recent years was at Wembley in the play-off final.  Apparently we had a ‘sing-off’ with boro - who knew?!

The floodlights have been on the last two days when driving past I noticed them

1 hour ago, Hucks6 said:

The floodlights have been on the last two days when driving past I noticed them

Yes I noticed the floodlights were on when I drove past this morning 

12 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

When you consider the difference between our lights and those like, say, Luton’s already, you do wonder just how good they need to be....but I guess led is cheaper and (supppsedly) lasts longer.

Ive never had an issue with our PA system, I guess it depends where you’re sat, though the worst I’ve experienced in recent years was at Wembley in the play-off final.  Apparently we had a ‘sing-off’ with boro - who knew?!

Ah and don't forget with LED you can do a light show which is apparently a requirement for evening games in the Premier League.

What's the point, they probably won't be as good as the new lights Brentford will have once they get promoted...

Apples

I for one am sick and tired of this board once again showing a lack of hambition and doing it on the cheap.... LED to save money? When will it ever end? 

I think if anything we should show some hambition and add an extra two pylons in the centre of the barclay and river end with the most energy inefficient and expensive bulbs going. Now THATS hambition.

Local rumour has it that due to the United Kingdom's unfortunate fluctuating covid travelling abroad restrictions this summer, NCFC are now installing ultraviolet bulbs into all the floodlights at Carra......The club has also purchased 250 sun loungers and have distributed these loungers 'socially distanced' on the stadium's pitch.....This will attract the no overseas vacation and non travelling Norfolk sun worshipping desperado demi-gods to top up their tans. Standard price of the hiring of a pitch sun lounger for an 8 hour stint will cost £30.00 with a 5% discount for club stockholders and the 'real' shareholders......A club spokesperson has intimated that as we're a 'self-funding club' all forms of raising extra club finance are pursued and deemed absolutely necessary....

Apparently Daniel Farke was up at 5.30 am this morning, and he was seen putting his large beach towel on the sun lounger situated on the pitch centre spot....