Tetteys Jig

BK8 the new sponsor?

Unfortunately our little wokies can’t have their wonderful “self funding” model to prop up Saint Delia but then complain when the club does everything it can to maximise income. One is a product of the other. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

They have an entire site dedicated to it.  🤣

https://www.dafadolls.com/en/

Puts things in perspective doesn’t it ? We’ve quite happily taken money from dafabet and they’ve been doing the same thing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Unfortunately our little wokies can’t have their wonderful “self funding” model to prop up Saint Delia but then complain when the club does everything it can to maximise income. One is a product of the other. 

"Little wokies"? 

Honestly Jim, you are scum. 

It's quite bizarre that so many people are failing to see why this isn't great. 

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

"Little wokies"? 

Honestly Jim, you are scum. 

And once again there you are with the unnecessary insults 

6 minutes ago, Tilt said:

It's quite bizarre that so many people are failing to see why this isn't great. 

What you on about? Nothing says 'family and child friendly club' like half naked women!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Little wokies? Wtf are you on about?

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Puts things in perspective doesn’t it ? We’ve quite happily taken money from dafabet and they’ve been doing the same thing. 

Exactly and no doubt numerous others. Someone earlier said cancel the sponsorship and take the hit financially out of the Emi money. Same people will then want to know why we haven't signed anybody. People are now so frightened to say or do anything in case it upsets the applecart.  No-one said anything about Dafabet cos Emi was here and we were flying. Maybe it's going to be like the esl argument. Ncfc fans come out in anger. Will Newcastle or any of the others follows suit. Of course they won't. Money talks. Hope I didn't upset apple lovers there....should ot be pearcart....I just don't know anymore

Just now, canarycop said:

Exactly and no doubt numerous others. Someone earlier said cancel the sponsorship and take the hit financially out of the Emi money. Same people will then want to know why we haven't signed anybody. People are now so frightened to say or do anything in case it upsets the applecart.  No-one said anything about Dafabet cos Emi was here and we were flying. Maybe it's going to be like the esl argument. Ncfc fans come out in anger. Will Newcastle or any of the others follows suit. Of course they won't. Money talks. Hope I didn't upset apple lovers there....should ot be pearcart....I just don't know anymore

No one said anything about Dafabet? That just isn't true.

1 minute ago, canarycop said:

I can only speak for myself but this has nothing to do with the sale of Emi. Whether you like it or not we market ourselves as a family club. Having a betting company as a shirt sponsor is far from ideal for what I would hope are obvious reasons. I know a number of people who have got into serious financial difficulty as a result of addiction.

However, this is the real world and betting companies offer a lot of money. What we seem to have done here though is not just take sponsorship from a betting company but take sponsorship from a particularly seedy one. Their social media was only photos of John Terry, RvP and a load of scantily clad women. It just looked...cheap. For me, that's the difference between this sponsor and the last one. As many people have pointed out surely someone looked at their social media and thought "Hmmm maybe these guys don't fit with the club's DNA."

I find it incredibly hard to believe there wasn't another sponsor offering a similiar amount of money that was more appropriate. I also would have thought you'd sell more shirts with (for example) Lotus on the front as opposed to BK8. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

No one said anything about Dafabet? That just isn't true.

If there were dissenters against Dafabet then fine. I just don't recall the reaction we have today.People still bought the shirts though and without the pandemic the stadium.would have been full every week. If this forces all teams to remove gambling sponsors from the game then great. Would I like to see shirts without sponsors on again? Sure but then the smaller clubs will go out of business because without the shirt sponsorship they wouldn't survive.

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think you'd back the owners even if they had a soft p*rn company sponsor them....oh! You have 😜😜

Hahaha nah even I think this is a bit careless 🤣

If we had a properly financed club we wouldn’t have to rely on a soft **** site

a new low today for the stowmarket 2 even for them 

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

If we had a properly financed club we wouldn’t have to rely on a soft **** site

a new low today for the stowmarket 2 even for them 

Says the guy who's likely been at home with lotion and a sock for the entire day.

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, canarycop said:

If there were dissenters against Dafabet then fine. I just don't recall the reaction we have today.People still bought the shirts though and without the pandemic the stadium.would have been full every week. If this forces all teams to remove gambling sponsors from the game then great. Would I like to see shirts without sponsors on again? Sure but then the smaller clubs will go out of business because without the shirt sponsorship they wouldn't survive.

To be honest the ‘hot dog video’ is what sets it apart, it’s degrading and a whole level above some raunchy photos. I think if that video hadn’t emerged there would be perhaps less of a backlash, but that said with the her game too issue and just in general society slowly progressing on social issue I think it’s not fair to say you weren’t upset about it before so you can’t be now. Hopefully your right and this is another nail in the coffin of gambling sponsors.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, canarycop said:

There were dissenters against gambling firms in general but apparently the level of sexualising a gambling company was just the right level with them. Admittedly, I dont remember seeing any hotdog deep throat infection.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There were dissenters against gambling firms in general but apparently the level of sexualising a gambling company was just the right level with them. Admittedly, I dont remember seeing any hotdog deep throat infection.

Do you think it was mistake for the club to have BK8 as their new sponsor?

Or are you cool with it?

OTBC

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Or are you cool with it?

OTBC

I don’t have a problem in the business context. Do you?

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

What in earth does that mean? That it's ok because we make money out of it?  Where would you draw the line?

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes I do - the way they promote their business now reflects on us as their business partner. Amazed you appear to be struggling to see that. Someone at the club has f*cked up.

OTBC

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

And once again there you are with the unnecessary insults 

If anyone on this forum has proven more deserving of my insults, I'm yet to see them. 

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sounds like you are an expert on the subject......

Sounds like you have the expertise to know that I sound like an expert...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, birchfest said:

To be honest the ‘hot dog video’ is what sets it apart, it’s degrading and a whole level above some raunchy photos. I think if that video hadn’t emerged there would be perhaps less of a backlash, but that said with the her game too issue and just in general society slowly progressing on social issue I think it’s not fair to say you weren’t upset about it before so you can’t be now. Hopefully your right and this is another nail in the coffin of gambling sponsors.

I wouldn't be surprised to see tomorrow that we have a new shirt sponsor. Can the club be sued if they pull out of the deal? The club probably haven't said much cos it's in the hands of legal people to get them out of this mess. 

14 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Or are you cool with it?

OTBC

Nah I think its ridiculous that their social media accounts etc weren't checked and vetted first - all a little amateur. I'm not personally bothered by it but fully understand why it looks bad and others aren't happy.