Tetteys Jig

BK8 the new sponsor?

27 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but how did you get them?

The previous year, they used a website called norwichkit.com to host the launch. I merely went on the site on the night before the kit was due to go live for the new season, right clicked, inspected elements, viewed sources and all the images were there 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Browno said:

The previous year, they used a website called norwichkit.com to host the launch. I merely went on the site on the night before the kit was due to go live for the new season, right clicked, inspected elements, viewed sources and all the images were there 😂

Awesome!

Feel free to PM me this years kit!

• Haha 1

Just now, CDMullins said:

Awesome!

Feel free to PM me this years kit!

Well I can confirm it's Joma 👍

30 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

The anti-gambling brigade are soooo f**king tiresome.

I think it's a fair position for people to take, it's no different to alcohol/smoking ads being banned.

As I said earlier, my issue isn't with gambling sponsorship per se, it's that a lot of these Chinese gambling firms are just shells for illegal gambling and I wouldn't want our club to be anywhere near that.  I hope this is raised in our first panel meeting tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Browno said:

On this occasion, I hope you’re wrong! 

4 hours ago, Petriix said:

I would prefer the club to be socially responsible and poorer. There's no need for gambling sponsorship. These parasites ruin lives and should be nowhere near our club.

We're poor enough already and this is one area of the club where we can't afford to be picky.

Seems that we are prepared to take money from anybody for shirt sponsorship but not any in the boardroom. 😜

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We're poor enough already and this is one area of the club where we can't afford to be picky.

We can certainly be picky over which gambling sponsor we choose.

A shame it wasn't "DK8" as we could have come out on the pitch to this scary techno banger and frightened the life out of everyone - 

Edited by spencer 1970

8 hours ago, Petriix said:

I would prefer the club to be socially responsible and poorer. There's no need for gambling sponsorship. These parasites ruin lives and should be nowhere near our club.

Agree with you there. Gambling causes loads of people huge financial problems. Ban gambling and fast food sponsorship, just like alcohol and cigarette companies were banned. Try and find a major company - I think an electronics company would be good

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

It wouldn't be the case hoggy if we had a stinking rich Chinese owner. 😂😜

True, we could afford to not have a sponsor at all then!

Or could we? I guess even then, in all seriousness, we would to be allowed to spend the money!

4 hours ago, Browno said:

Not going to lie, with Joma as the kit sponsor and that logo as the club sponsor the whole shirt is going to look as cheap and tacky as I could possibly imagine. 

Not impressed at the prospect. At least Dafabet is subtle 

• Like 1

Honestly can’t get particularly vexed by either the shirt manufacturer or the sponsor.  Clearly a local business would be ideal for either/both, but in the real world we are trying to compete in the PL and need to maximise revenue - if it means having a gambling company as our main sponsor then so be it: it’s a perfectly legitimate revenue source. 

24 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Not going to lie, with Joma as the kit sponsor and that logo as the club sponsor the whole shirt is going to look as cheap and tacky as I could possibly imagine. 

Not impressed at the prospect. At least Dafabet is subtle 

BK8-Robin-Van-Persie-RVP.jpg

Yeah, it's a pretty awful looking logo that takes up most the shirt. As you said, at least Dafabet is subtle.

Plus I'm not fond of knowing that, you know, the sponser is chinese and all. Not like they are a country rounding up minorities in concentration camps or anything..

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Honestly can’t get particularly vexed by either the shirt manufacturer or the sponsor.  Clearly a local business would be ideal for either/both, but in the real world we are trying to compete in the PL and need to maximise revenue - if it means having a gambling company as our main sponsor then so be it: it’s a perfectly legitimate revenue source. 

I’m just a bit of a design nerd. And I think the last few seasons the kits have been decent. Last seasons third a particular highlight with the cheeky re design of the badge. 

I appreciate what you’re saying about financials but both the Joma and (potential) gambling logo just look poor and on our shirts just a bit... well... ‘little old Norwich’. 

Maybe the actual kit itself will turn out nice, and I’ll be pleasantly surprised.  

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah, it's a pretty awful looking logo that takes up most the shirt. As you said, at least Dafabet is subtle.

Plus I'm not fond of knowing that, you know, the sponser is chinese and all. Not like they are a country rounding up minorities in concentration camps or anything..

do we get RVP as part of the deal? I'm sure he could still do a job in the prem

On 26/05/2021 at 19:40, cambridgeshire canary said:

Worth pointing out that BK8 isn’t actually a Chinese company. It just promotes itself to Chinese customers. Sports betting regulations are extremely tough in China, so most companies are based outside of the country. BK8 is Malaysian for example. 

Also, because the Chinese state is abhorrent, it doesn’t mean Chinese people or companies should be tarred with the same brush. The Chinese State aren’t proposing to sponsors Norwich’s shirts. 

• Like 1

Is this actually confirmed then? 

Where are these so-called photos circulating online showing it on the advertising hoardings?

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

Is this actually confirmed then? 

Where are these so-called photos circulating online showing it on the advertising hoardings?

Paddy Davitt all but confirmed it on the PinkUn 'window watch' stream just now as the next kit sponsor. Bit of a shame, hopefully they agree to a smaller logo and just in one colour like Dafabet did.

5 hours ago, king canary said:

That logo is horrific. 

I guess another couple of years without buying a shirt for me.

Agree. We used to have decent sponsors, even in recent times.

Lotus (yes, I know, it was actually Proton), Aviva, Colman's, The Digital Phone Company..

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Paddy Davitt all but confirmed it on the PinkUn 'window watch' stream just now as the next kit sponsor. Bit of a shame, hopefully they agree to a smaller logo and just in one colour like Dafabet did.

5 hours ago, king canary said:

That logo is horrific. 

I guess another couple of years without buying a shirt for me.

I would not bother getting your hopes up- It's gonna take up around 80 percent of the shirt and have wonderful chinese letters saying 'spend your daughters college money on us/please give us your life savings!' plastered on it even if we don't want it to.

Money talks and it seems our club has no morals.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I would not bother getting your hopes up- It's gonna take up around 80 percent of the shirt and have wonderful chinese letters saying 'spend your daughters college money on us/please give us your life savings!' plastered on it even if we don't want it to.

Money talks and it seems our club has no morals.

A bit OTT but there is a certain irony in the sponsor vs the owner many don't want.

Will decide on the shirt when I see the overall design and if I can actually get back in the ground where I can wear it!

Have to say this ‘moral’ argument really is rather daft - you could level it against pretty much any company, most are screwing people or the world over in one way or another.

21 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Have to say this ‘moral’ argument really is rather daft - you could level it against pretty much any company, most are screwing people or the world over in one way or another.

Exactly. 

I've never quite got this aversion to gambling companies with them being personified as simply parasitic entities that force people into a spiral of financial hardship and despair, when as with most things, it comes down to personal choice and willpower.

I've never yet been FORCED to make a bet with ANY gambling company, nor to keep betting if I happen to lose, and whilst I fully appreciate that some people do have lower willpower and addictive personalities, that's not the fault of the gambling company, yet the blame is ALWAYS placed on them regardless of the circumstances.

McDonald's don't force me to eat their burgers, so I can't complain if I get fat (or to be accurate - fatter) if I CHOOSE to go on a McDonald's only diet.

Lambert and Butler don't force me to smoke their cigarettes, so I couldn't complain if I CHOSE to and got lung cancer as a result.

Dafabet don't force me to spend my monthly wages on backing us to win 4-0 every week, so I can't complain if I CHOOSE to keep betting and end up homeless as a result.

This doesn't mean that it should be made ridiculously easy to get credit from various sources, but some accountability to the individual needs to be applied here, rather than the ludicrously simple view of "GAMBLING BAD".

Would I prefer a non-gambling sponsor - absolutely, but that's primarily because I'd rather we were being sponsored by a "local" company (e.g. Lotus, Aviva etc) , a company that is looking to make genuine improvements in quality of life (e.g. Ethical trading, reducing carbon emissions, ending homelessness etc), or at the very least - a sponsor who pays a fair price and doesn't have a totally abhorrent logo which makes the shirt look naff.

Truth be told however, I'd rather we removed sponsors altogether, and although this is a nonsensical suggestion from a financial perspective the way things stand, it is an idealistic view that I feel would be better for sport in general. Surely we go to watch our team and our players, not moving advertising boards?

15 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

With the greatest of respect - this is exactly the sort of views of a person who has never had to deal with addiction.

"Just don't do it"

"It's down to choice and willpower"

"I've never been FORCED to do it"

It's utterly naive and incredibly condescending to those who do have to deal with these issues to have these views. It's "I'm alright Jack" at its most selfish.

There's a reason cigarettes aren't advertised anymore. There's a reason advertisement of  alcohol is limited. Like gambling, these are all things that destroy lives.

How advertising for gambling continues to remain so poorly restricted in the most popular professional sport on earth is both an absolute travesty and a disgrace. And until views like yours change, it will continue to play it's part in the ruination of individual lives.

But hey - as long as you're alright, eh Indy?